Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 13:42   #2311
Senior - BHPian

Just watched Oye lucky lucky oye.

A very good watch but on home video. The director is the same as khosla ka ghosla but doesnt hold on much in this movie unlike the prev one.

The delhi life is very well shown. I have no idea how things are there but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Paresh rawal has a great role in it.

The actress is real cute. I really liked her in this movie. Well she is neetu chandra(googled it out)

Dont miss this movie as it keeps u entertained
Old 16th January 2009, 10:26   #2312
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Vacancy" starring Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale.

Very interesting and gripping movie. Though the concept is nothing to rave about. It certainly keeps you engrossed for 120 minutes of its duration.

Definetly worth a watch. Just ensure you see it with all lights turned out to make the movie total paisa vasool

3.5/5
Old 16th January 2009, 11:30   #2313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Booked tickets for Chandni Chowk to China for Friday night
Looking forward to it
I too am going tonight, but the reviews are HORRIBLE. Someone said that it made Singh is King look like a good movie...

Old 16th January 2009, 11:38   #2314
BHPian

same here heard bad bad reviews. i am switching off my logical side and going for this movie
Old 16th January 2009, 11:52   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I too am going tonight, but the reviews are HORRIBLE. Someone said that it made Singh is King look like a good movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
same here heard bad bad reviews. i am switching off my logical side and going for this movie
Where has N_C disappeared suddenly? Missing his reviews!
Old 16th January 2009, 12:04   #2316
BHPian

Watched The Usual Suspects

Good movie!
Old 16th January 2009, 13:13   #2317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah saw TOI, it has given it 1.5* which is ridiculous considering the fact that they give every movie 3*. Maybe they wernt given free passes to the premier .
Lets see and decide
Old 16th January 2009, 13:40   #2318
Team-BHP Support

The music of CC2C in itself was uninspiring, to say the least. Lets see how the reviews pour in.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:50   #2319
BHPian

Finally saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday!

What a nice movie! Agreed that it showed the poverty in India but then the story was based on the life of a slum boy. I loved the way how Jamal's life was connected with each and question he answered. The Colt, Benjamin Franklin.

There were a few flaws but then as someone said "Beauty results with flaws, mistakes and imperfection" and this was a beautiful gripping movie!

Oh and I knew the answer to the 1 Crore question..Sir Jack Hobbs!
Old 16th January 2009, 14:06   #2320
Senior - BHPian

I simply didn't like SM. Plain boring.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:37   #2321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You didnt like Singh is King? I though it was a hilarious film. Of course it had too muchof Punjabi.

Quote:
Thats the way to see movies today, especially comedies. I somehow think that Akshay Kumar does great slapstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Yeah saw TOI, it has given it 1.5* which is ridiculous considering the fact that they give every movie 3*. Maybe they wernt given free passes to the premier .
Lets see and decide
TOI reviews re never to be believed. They gave Oye Lucky Oye 4 stars. What a crap film that was. They will give every Amitabh starrer a four and five starrer.

Then they gave another stupid film four stars. "The president is coming".
what a total waste of time.
It makes us looks like buffoons. The actors (where did they pick the from) were all terrible and over actors. Not one, including Kokana even slightly amused me.
Agreed it has around 1.5 scenes which are funny, rest are all over hammed. In both the above, the audience should be given four stars for watching the film.

Not trusting times reviews anymore.
Old 16th January 2009, 16:09   #2322
BHPian

It takes all to make the world, doesn't it?

I loved Oye Lucky a lot actually and have kept on recommending it to all my friends. Maybe because I am a Mumbaikar and the Delhi essence in the movie was the attraction for me. I also loved the music (the main song that keeps playing) and the acting.

On the other hand Singh is King is a movie that I was not able to sit through willingly !! No substance and comedy was also not good.

To each his own!

But I agree with V16 - TOI reviews or for that matter review of any kind are to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Old 16th January 2009, 16:18   #2323
BHPian

I too felt OYE Lucky Oye was a good watch, and I would not give too much credit to Singh is king. It was just okay.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:09   #2324
Senior - BHPian

The midnight meat train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Man, the title sounds interesting. Can you throw more light on what the movie is all about?
Kinda late but still as i just watched this movie ill give it a try.

A professional photographer trying to get some interesting pics of the city notices something strange happening in the Subway at night.
People go missing whenever they take the last train so he starts to investigate it himself and ends up getting WAY more then what he bargained for.!
Its not just another slasher movie ,the story although a little far fetched is still quite gripping.

Quote:
Note: This one is not for weak hearted people.
Couldn't agree more ,its one of the goriest movie iv ever seen.!!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 16th January 2009 at 17:13.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:16   #2325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
You didnt like Singh is King? I though it was a hilarious film. Of course it had too muchof Punjabi.
I hated the movie, even though I am a hardcore punjabi.

I love slapstick and leave-your-brain-behind kinda movies but I believe that such movies fall in two categories:

- Slapstick movies that make no sense but are still enjoyable because they are ggenuine attempts at making a foolish slapstick movie eg: Andaz Apna Apna

- Movies that try to fool the audience. They take a big star, make a larger than life movie, do extensive publicity and expect that the film will be a hit. I find such movies an insult to the junta's intelligence. Prime example: singh is king, tashan etc

Edit: I admit that there is a thin line between the two.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks