Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2008, 14:56   #2176
Senior - BHPian

wow am surprised at other's ratings but then as they say different strokes for different folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Ghajini yesterday first show
First show was Wednesday night (24th) and not 25th. That's when I saw it
I didnt say first day first show, I said First show of that day
Old 27th December 2008, 15:20   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Ghajini

Verdict - 2/5. You won't miss much if you do not watch it.
You don't miss anything by not watching, but it is good entertainer for sure. Aamir has done a very good job with his role. Nothing to mention about Asin's acting, but she is pretty in all scenes. Also Aamir and Asin made a good pair.

The good : Aamir's performace
The bad : Jiah Khan

It is 3.5/5 from me.
Old 27th December 2008, 15:32   #2178
BHPian

Ghajini is outright boring!! maybe its because i had seen the original tamil . that itself was so loosely tied!!

the only good thing is that the ending has been made good. but even then the songs!! god save us!!

bekha was too much to handle!! we have a dwarf amir in six avatars making a fool of himself after asin!! after seeing all the good malayalam remakes from priyadarshan i expected a nice hindi remake of tamil ghajini. but this is CARBON COPY.

and after getting a satisfied feeling after taare zameen par here we have amir not acting only making animal like sounds! one half he is a idiot romeo and later a madman !

and the stunt is not rajnikanth type. DO NOT INSULT THE GREAT MR. RAJNIKANTH BY comparing the stunts to his manerisms. he is a phenomenon.

here its worse. the stunts proove that you should get hit in the head and suffer from short term memmory loss to have a good body an do extrahuman fights. amir is invincible in the stunts!! human beings are watchin this movie not fools!!

the ending was good and thats it.

Jiah..something. please god spare us of this!!. Nayan tara was anyday better. i think she should have been put in place of asin

RAB NE BANA DI JODI is anyday better watch with family. watched it two times and was not bored at all.

when you feel like killin someone take him to see this movie and you can have revenge

rating
2/5

P.S.
this is overdose of violence and yes the villian is plain low grade he is not even good enough to be a sidekick to the villian!!
Old 27th December 2008, 15:45   #2179
Senior - BHPian

and hindi movies in cochin is a rarity .anyways ,atleast 95% of intended audience of hindi "ghazni" dont know or dont care about tamil ghazni or memento .that results in a big hit.
Quote:
and the stunt is not rajnikanth type. DO NOT INSULT THE GREAT MR. RAJNIKANTH BY comparing the stunts to his manerisms. he is a phenomenon.
oh?so there are people who really likes Rajinikanth's action?felts like a indian chuck norris?
Old 27th December 2008, 20:00   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
so there are people who really likes Rajinikanth's action?
never take the Lord's name in vain...
Old 27th December 2008, 20:25   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Ummm...lots of mixed ratings though. Maybe the movie is good for some and bad for others. Anyways, I'am watching the movie only next week.

Saw Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi y'day - I would rate it 2/5. You can give a miss for this movie. IMO, the role does not suit SRK....
Old 27th December 2008, 20:41   #2182
BHPian

watched Ghazni today, it's more hype I guess and the movie fails to deliver on it. I liked the 1st half better, Amir is good and so is Asin, villan sucks ... ok for one time watch 3/5

I liked RNBDJ, shahrukh was nice in both his avatars, a light thoroughly enjoyable movie 4/5 .. must watch this one.

Last edited by Shankyz : 27th December 2008 at 20:43.
Old 27th December 2008, 21:45   #2183
Senior - BHPian

GHAJINI

I watched this today and I partially agree with NC's review but not completely.

The movie of course is a long one and crosses the 3 hour time frame. The songs as NC said are quite South Indian-ish.

The heroin is ok ok, Jiah is Boring with a capital B. ( I wish in the last scene she should have been given the Iron Rod )

BUT Aamir is at his best and his acting is AWESOME. His body is worth mentioning and no wonder he took a year off just to work on it ( See Tata Sky Channel 100 for more info )

The Villain - Ghajini is Superb and will easily clinch the Best Villain Award of the year. he is a real baddie in the movie.

The movies Action is Hardcore & RAW and amazing. Not for Kids !!

The Last fight scene is very hardcore and Aamir is no doubt the new Sunny Deol in terms of Knockout punches. The whole hall went quite and was messermised by the fight scene.

Movie had its own drawbacks and it felt at quite a few places where it could have been accelerated a bit. It dragged a bit at places when the Love story was being shown.

Overall I found it a very good watch.

I'll give it a 3.5/5 !!

Last edited by vkochar : 27th December 2008 at 21:46.
Old 27th December 2008, 23:41   #2184
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I watched Ghajini today and i quite liked the movie. 3/5 !!
Old 28th December 2008, 00:25   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
The Villain - Ghajini is Superb and will easily clinch the Best Villain Award of the year. he is a real baddie in the movie.
Please please tell me.. you are trying to be sarcastic here!
Old 28th December 2008, 00:31   #2186
Senior - BHPian

Watched Ghajini, as my roomie was sponsoring the tickets!! It was too boring and too long. Amir could have easily avoided it. As NC put it, the tattos are just a gimmick just to make Amir go shirtless.

Last edited by safari_lover : 28th December 2008 at 00:32.
Old 28th December 2008, 01:55   #2187
Senior - BHPian

I am still saying it again. Those of you who did not like Ghajini, do watch Deshdrohi.

And I'm not kidding
Old 28th December 2008, 03:29   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Deshdrohi is not screening on bombay anyways
Old 28th December 2008, 06:48   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
the tattos are just a gimmick just to make Amir go shirtless.
Not watched the Hindi Ghajini yet, but, since the Hindi version is a scene-by-scene copy of the Tamil version, I'm assuming that Amir's undressing is just going hand in hand with what was shot originally.

On a slightly different note, I watched the Tamil versions of Ghajini AND also Sivaji. I think they are both good movies. Loved both Surya and Rajnikanth in them.
Old 28th December 2008, 08:12   #2190
BHPian

Instead of fighting Tamil or Hindi remake , why can't we watch the original english version? The director of the movie is same as that of Dark Knight.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks