Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 22:23   #2116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

A simple guy working in a 9-5 job gets married to a teen vivacious girl under extreme circumstances. Guy loves girl, girl is heartbroken. Guy loves selflessly and transforms himself into a hep new guy and impresses the girl. So whom does the girl choose ?

SRK as the new Raj is way OTT (the role required him to be OTT but he is way over) and as the simpleton he underplays just a wee bit too much. I would not rate this as his anywhere near his good performances. Anushka makes a nice debut - she doesn't have much to do except look pretty and cry. Vinay as SRK's friend simply rocks as Bobby Khosla.

Music is average and the screenplay is full of holes and every emotion is way OTT.

Verdict - 2/5. Watch only if you are a YRF / SRK fan.

ps - the trailers of Ghajini and New York were screened and they were way better than this 2.5 hour movie. New York looks like a very good movie.
Damn, should have checked this before I decided to ruin my Sunday afternoon. Could'nt agree more on the OTT part. Aditya Chopra better stick to whatever that he's been doing the past few years. Vinay is good although not as awesome as he was in Bheja Fry.
Old 17th December 2008, 02:27   #2117
BHPian

Eagle Eye -
One time watch movie. Its all bout the A.I. peacefull action to keep you going on to watch it till the end.

Cass :
a incredible true story of how an orphaned Jamaican baby, adopted by an elderly white couple and brought up in an all white area. He becomes a fighter and also one of the most respected person. Football, street fights..A must watch i say.

Step Brothers :
Im sure it never gonna release in India. Download the only option. Its a funny kind of Humour. Two son in laws who at first are enemies and later releasing they are the best friends of all the age of 30 living with their parents. Again its a Will Ferell comedy.

Tropic Thunder :
A Ben Stiller Movie. one time watch although. Comedy/ Action!!.

Just happen to Scent of a woman recently. Saw it when i was small so didnt understand much. But Now... man this is one powerful movie and a powerfull performance by Al Pacino. a must watch again.

Last edited by nosfreak : 17th December 2008 at 02:29.
Old 17th December 2008, 11:22   #2118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
[
Step Brothers :
Im sure it never gonna release in India. Download the only option. Its a funny kind of Humour. Two son in laws who at first are enemies and later releasing they are the best friends of all the age of 30 living with their parents. Again its a Will Ferell comedy.
Dude, they are step brothers, hence the name. Agree it will never be released in India, although thats what i thought about You Dont Mess with the Zohan also, and i was wrong.
Old 17th December 2008, 11:28   #2119
Senior - BHPian

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

A movie which I am eagerly looking forward to is "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", wihch is based on a short story by Scott Fitzgerald. The plot is unique in that it explores the life of a person who is born withthe traits and characteristics of an 80 year old man. And then he ages backwards. The film has recieved rae reviews, especially Brad Pitt as the protagonist.
Releasing December 25. Should be a must watch.
Old 17th December 2008, 17:03   #2120
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about the MADGASCAR and the NAME OF THE KING releasing this week?
Old 19th December 2008, 12:05   #2121
Senior - BHPian

RAB NE BADA JODI -

Was getting bored yesterday morning so thought of watching this.

I was an average movie with a few nice scenes. Not in SRK's league. Although his acting was brilliant. But the movie could have been made a lot more interesting.

The new girl is pretty. Songs are OK OK. Climax very boring.

Overal - 2.5 / 5
Old 19th December 2008, 12:08   #2122
Team-BHP Support

Watched transporter. Nice timepass 3/5
Car chase scenes look unreal because they are sped up.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:28   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any feedbacks on "The Italian Job" the 2003 version? Is it better than the older one?
Hi mobike008,

the movie has a few action heros of hollywood, like jason statham (transporter), Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron and Edward Norton. The new flick is quite good, I have a vcd with me and keep watching it once in a while. The "theft" sequences and planning for the final "job" is very nicely executed. Infact it's a very fast paced movie and loved it when I saw it the first time. (that's what prompted me to buy the vcd).

I like edward norton and recently watched "the illusionist" (2006) which stars him in the role of a magician. Very good movie and brilliantly done. You can check the imdb website for feedback.

Another movie I love about "magic" and "magicians" which should not be missed is "the prestige". brilliant movie!
Old 19th December 2008, 13:09   #2124
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " The Italian Job-2003 version" last evening and it was a fabulous movie.

It was as good as the original but then i definetly missed the brit accent and quips of Michale Caine.
Old 19th December 2008, 14:08   #2125
BHPian

Happened to catch this gem of a movie again "Before The Devil Know's You're Dead". Sidney Lumet is at his best here. Its about two brothers, Philip Seymour Hoffman (what an actor - also a solid performance in "The Savages") & Ethan Hawke who plan a robbery at their own parents' store before all goes wrong, won't give out more, see it. Also supporting the already stellar cast is the gorgeous Marisa Tomei. There are scene's of nudity, just an advisory.

Its these good smaller movies that restore your faith in cinema.

Movies seen recently which i liked...
China Town (The Jack Nicholson One)
Memento
Eastern Promises
Persepolis
Into the Wild
Run Fat Boy Run
Little Miss Sunshine
The Prestige
Charlie Wilson's War
The Shining (Jack Nicholson)
Taxi Driver (De Niro)
Rescue Dawn
Zodiac
Reign Over Me
City of God
The Machinist
Black Snake Moan
3:10 to Yuma
A Clockwork Orange
2001: A Space Odyssey
American Psycho

... all i can remember from the recent ones!
Old 19th December 2008, 15:18   #2126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Also supporting the already stellar cast is the gorgeous Marisa Tomei.
Wow, thats a lot of movies you seen lately.

I loved Marisa for her performance in My Cousin Vinny and undoubtedly she deserved the best supporting actress for her potrayal in that movie.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:05   #2127
Senior - BHPian

Watched the movie " Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ".

Stay away from this. Its all about something that hardly matters in life i.e. Love. The movie has impractical and illogical end.

Positive points about the movie:
Great acting by SRK.
Some laughter by SRK and he really shows why he is rated no.1. Brilliant natural scenes from him.

Negative:
Based on useless thing called love.
Impractical and illogical end.
Hyundai i10 used by SRK.
The girl does not know how to act. Looks like a new face which is not pretty or natural.

Rating 1/5. Because of one song where they imitate many old melodies.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:23   #2128
Senior - BHPian

[quote=aaggoswami;1100034]
Negative:
Based on useless thing called love.
quote]

I beg to disagree. Seems like a case of heartbreak

Last edited by harry10 : 19th December 2008 at 16:25.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:29   #2129
Team-BHP Support

Sorry Bhai!

This movie could very easily have been called "Maa Kasam". Story of a guy who falls in love with his elder brother's fiancee. The sequence of events which result in both of them falling in 'love' is comical and artificial to say the least. Seriously a waste of time.

Only saving grace is the chemistry between Boman Irani and Shabana Azmi who play the parents. Sharman Joshi breezes through in a very controlled role. Sanjay Suri pretends to be busy throughout the movie, and thats about it.

Dont bother watching this at a theatre. Get a DVD instead.

Bennyboy Rating : *1/2
Old 19th December 2008, 17:03   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I beg to disagree. Seems like a case of heartbreak
Real life as a common disciplined Indian citizen is tougher by a billion times than " REEL " stuff like " love ".
Teaches a lot of new things and you can come to know more about the real motives behind words like " love ", " relatives ", " friends ", etc.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 19th December 2008 at 17:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks