Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2020, 17:37   #901
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Just got a Kent Grand plus installed. Not too happy with the levels of indirection set up by the company. You will never get the name of the service center or contact details. The service guy is contacted via a general number that routes to the tech's number automatically. Got him to come and install the machine after many attempts.

Of course, as is normal, left the washing machine water connection dangling and left me to deal with it. In the process of "installating", claimed that the activated carbon filter was damaged and "replaced" it with another one from an open pack, claiming he had opened it in front of me. Highly suspicious behavior.

I did not like the taste of the water and wanted to talk to someone at the company, and guess what, no process to contact anyone except lodge a service call! Of course the service guy has stuck his firm's service number, but these being profit oriented, are either going to dismiss my complaint as "normal" or attempt to sell me something.

I think I now appreciate Maruti's service

Last edited by mvadg : 15th May 2020 at 17:39.
mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 17:50   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking to install a water purifier and had shortlisted PureIt Classic G2 model. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the brand or product? Also how's the service in Bengaluru?
Old 15th May 2020, 19:19   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Just got a Kent Grand plus installed. Not too happy with the levels of indirection set up by the company. You will never get the name of the service center or contact details. The service guy is contacted via a general number that routes to the tech's number automatically. Got him to come and install the machine after many attempts.
I got Kent Pearl installed yesterday. Delivery was on Monday but installation was yesterday - that too after repeated calls. Came late in evening, wore mask with nose and mouth exposed. Cleaned the living room and kitchen thoroughly once he left. Service center details should be on the invoice right? Mine is the service center invoice. While leaving, filled the warranty, took the OTP, clicked photo on his mobile and left.

Quote:
Of course, as is normal, left the washing machine water connection dangling and left me to deal with it. In the process of "installating", claimed that the activated carbon filter was damaged and "replaced" it with another one from an open pack, claiming he had opened it in front of me. Highly suspicious behavior.
For me once the box was opened only the machine was installed but all the filters were inside machine. For us he charged extra 1200 for filter which he installed adjacent to Kent filter which he said will pre filter dirt from tank water. Filter needs to be replaced once every three months @ 300 bucks. As water is not very clean in apartment - agreed to install it. TDS was 700 in input and 120 in output. Filled the tank, threw out the water and filled again.

Quote:
I did not like the taste of the water and wanted to talk to someone at the company, and guess what, no process to contact anyone except lodge a service call! Of course the service guy has stuck his firm's service number, but these being profit oriented, are either going to dismiss my complaint as "normal" or attempt to sell me something.
For me taste is ok. Maybe you are used to other water all these days. Once you are used to new source, maybe it will be fine?

Last edited by AltoLXI : 15th May 2020 at 19:21.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 20:48   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I got Kent Pearl installed yesterday.
Same procedure. Thanks for describing it.
Quote:
For us he charged extra 1200 for filter which he installed adjacent TDS was 700 in input and 120 in output.
I requested him to install a prefilter when I saw the muck that came out when he removed the tap for the washing machine! He quoted 1000/- for original and 800 for local. Since he did not have one with him, I have asked him to get it for me and fit it, so either tomorrow or Monday, it'll be done.
Quote:
For me taste is ok. Maybe you are used to other water all these days. Once you are used to new source, maybe it will be fine?
True. I'm used to Bisleri (TDS 66). Input TDS was 344, output 74. You are right about getting used to the "new" taste. It's just that I want to drink more water as I have a tendency to drink a minimum amount.

Glad we compared notes. Thanks.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 22:40   #905
Senior - BHPian

They always carry the used filters back with them. That's suspicious. Could they be recycling them? Anyways, I'm still unable to get them to change my filter this week as they're all busy. I'll probably look at mi - RO next, as filters are user-replaceable
Quote:
In the process of "installating", claimed that the activated carbon filter was damaged and "replaced" it with another one from an open pack, claiming he had opened it in front of me. Highly suspicious behavior.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 22:49   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Anyways, I'm still unable to get them to change my filter this week as they're all busy. I'll probably look at mi - RO next, as filters are user-replaceable
You will find these water purifier dealers in most areas. You should one the closest to your house and ask him to get you company filters and replace them for you. Most units can be opened DIY and changed if you have the basic tools. But if you would rather not, find anyone close to your home.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 23:23   #907
BHPian

Found this new WPaaS ( Water Purifier as a Service) provider in Bangalore. Planning to give it a shot.

https://drinkprime.in/

I am sick of aqua guard service folks. They have been planing hide and seek with me. Calling and never showing up. Plus the rules and miscommunication about AMC is just not worth my time etc. It has been at least 9 months since the filter has been changed. I have the one with RO+UV+MTDS with 8.5L capacity.

Has anyone here tried this before?

Edit: Found another one.

https://www.livpuresmart.com/
They have Sachin Tendulkar endorsing them. So must be good

Disclaimer: I am no way associated with any of these companies. I am just a frustrated aqua guard customer!

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 15th May 2020 at 23:28. Reason: Spelling & another service provider
Old 15th May 2020, 23:25   #908
BHPian

I had the Havell's delite alkaline WP installed in Jan and have been exhaustively using it for two households (coz of lockdown). The performance is too good, in spite of the fact that membrane filter warning light is on.

May require service after a couple of months and a change of filter also.
Don't know abt the alkalinity thing but am satisfied by the performance. Expert comments are welcome!
Old 16th May 2020, 00:12   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
I had the Havell's delite alkaline WP installed in Jan and have been exhaustively using it for two households (coz of lockdown). The performance is too good, in spite of the fact that membrane filter warning light is on.
What is so impressive about the performance?
Also, is there any difference in the taste of alkaline water as compared to normal water or RO water?
Have you checked the pH value to see if its really alkaline?
Old 16th May 2020, 07:14   #910
Senior - BHPian

RO process by itself doesn't alter the pH of water before and after filtration. We need to add acid or alkaline to water to alter the pH. I wonder how they get pH 8 to 10 if input water is around 6.8 or 7. Their catalogue doesn't have any details on that.
Old 19th May 2020, 18:13   #911
BHPian

Are there any UV purifiers which are easy to self-install? In the current circumstances I dont want any service guy coming inside house. I have the tools to wall mount the equipment but I am not comfortable with the water inlet connection.
Old 20th May 2020, 12:47   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Has anyone here tried this before?

Edit: Found another one.

https://www.livpuresmart.com/
...!
Been using Livpuresmart from past 6 months. Pretty good and no complaints.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 14:04   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think I now appreciate Maruti's service
Kent quality control is not upto the mark. When I got my Kent Pearl installed, the unit came with a leaking faucet. It had to be replaced at the time of installation itself.

Kent RO units have a mechanism for TDS control. This setting is done manually by the technician based on the TDS reading.

You can install Kent Service app. It comes with options for live chat, call and email. You can also use the email ids mentioned on their website for raising complaints and escalating issues.

Kent service is as good as Maruti, once you invoke these mechanisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
They always carry the used filters back with them. That's suspicious. Could they be recycling them? Anyways, I'm still unable to get them to change my filter this week as they're all busy. I'll probably look at mi - RO next, as filters are user-replaceable
They are not supposed to collect consumables or spare parts. Please write an email to Kent regarding this. If we allow these people to collect the used filters and parts, they will recycle and fit it back in our systems, if we are not vigilant. This practice needs to be tacked with an iron fist.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 11:20   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Been using Livpuresmart from past 6 months. Pretty good and no complaints.
I am looking into installing an RO for my apartment. Can you let me know what is wastage with this unit? I had never looked at water purifier systems before and am surprised to know most units have over 50% wastage.
Old 24th May 2020, 12:17   #915
Senior - BHPian

Brita from Kent is advertising the lowest wastage. Check it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I am looking into installing an RO for my apartment. Can you let me know what is wastage with this unit? I had never looked at water purifier systems before and am surprised to know most units have over 50% wastage.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks