Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2019, 23:06   #766
BHPian

Re: Lg Ww170ep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Drinking water should be slightly of more blood pH(7.4) - maintained by body as of extreme priority. Food mixed with low pH will deactivate saliva amylase.
First of all, thank you for your insightful posts on this thread. They are very helpful.

We are looking at changing the RO purifier at home and I'm bit confused about the role of re-mineralization. The engineer in me says - lets keep it simple and buy a purifier with a post carbon filter, but I'm wondering if the remineralization process helps in increasing the alkalinity of the water (that you've mentioned is important).
Quote:
I'm using LG WWEP160P for almost two years. And i love it...
Latest LED UV technology (no UV Lamps),....
Is this the model you have?
https://www.lg.com/in/water-purifiers/lg-WW160EP

The model number doesn't match exactly, but this is the closest I got on their site. This doesn't seem to be having UV so wondering if you have WW170EP, or if LG has gone the Hyundai way and is deleting features from their products.

It would be great if you could comment on usefulness of UV in an RO system. We use more than a tankful of water everyday, and, assuming RO does a good job of removing the microbes, do microbes re-grow within a day in stored water, or is it more like a fail-safe additional layer of safety?

Looking forward to your comments.
Thanks,
Su-47

Last edited by Su-47 : 20th January 2019 at 23:08. Reason: Removed spaces
Old 21st January 2019, 14:55   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

So I got a TDS meter and measured the drinking water we get in cans at home. It read out about 32.

Isn't that too low? I have been reading that closer to 300 is apt for drinking water.
Old 21st January 2019, 22:12   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
....The model number doesn't match exactly, but this is the closest I got on their site. This doesn't seem to be having UV so wondering if you have WW170EP, or if LG has gone the Hyundai way and is deleting features from their products...
That model got UV Led. Not UV lamp. Following is comparison:
Attached Thumbnails
Recommended water purifier?-uv.jpg  

Old 21st January 2019, 22:20   #769
BHPian

Quote:
That model got UV Led. Not UV lamp. Following is comparison:
Thanks, will dig deeper. Can you please comment on importance (or lack thereof) of remineralization as well?
Old 21st January 2019, 22:41   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Thanks, will dig deeper. Can you please comment on importance (or lack thereof) of remineralization as well?
It is customarily assumed that the intake of essential elements is primarily covered by foods, thus minimum desirable levels in drinking water are not considered necessary.

Why should desalinated water be remineralized?

Low mineralized water have few adverse effects:

- High corrosion potential
- Dietary deficiency causing risks of ischaemic heart and cerebrovascular disease (WHO, 2005a; WHO, 2006; Cotruvo, 2006)

The WHO recommends 10 mg/L of Magnesium and 30 mg/L of Calcium for drinking water.

Two solutions are widely used to remineralize/neutralize water:

CO2 addition + Calcite Limestone (CaCO3, MgO) percolation + Na2CO3 80 mg/L CaCO3

Addition of CaCl2 + NaHCO3 100 mg/L CaCO3 100 mg/L Na + 50 mg/L Cl
Old 5th February 2019, 19:55   #771
Senior - BHPian

Our Aquaguard (Enhanced RO model) is acting weird since morning. The waste water pipe is continuously discharging water. Is this normal? I had by mistake switched it off yesterday, so the system was not functioning for almost 20-22 hours.

Any suggestions guys?
Old 6th February 2019, 00:37   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The waste water pipe is continuously discharging water
I think it must be running continuously. Have encountered this with our RO machine: it will be a stuck component (valve/relay/actuator/whatsitsname) and it requires service, probably replacing the part.
Old 6th February 2019, 01:19   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Our Aquaguard (Enhanced RO model) is acting weird since morning. The waste water pipe is continuously discharging water.
I had this problem with a new RO of mine and read it was due to low water pressure. I purchased and installed a pressure pump and also installed high and low pressure valves to turn off the system when not in use or filling the storage tank. Yours could be due to the pressure pump maybe not running which prevents the RO membrane from functioning well enough to fill the storage and cut off the flow when full.
Old 6th February 2019, 09:09   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think it must be running continuously. Have encountered this with our RO machine: it will be a stuck component (valve/relay/actuator/whatsitsname) and it requires service, probably replacing the part.
Thanks a lot. The service center guys hasn't come yet. Lodged a complain 2 days back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I had this problem with a new RO of mine and read it was due to low water pressure. I purchased and installed a pressure pump and also installed high and low pressure valves to turn off the system when not in use or filling the storage tank. Yours could be due to the pressure pump maybe not running which prevents the RO membrane from functioning well enough to fill the storage and cut off the flow when full.
Thanks a lot. This could be the problem as our water pressure is quite low in the building.
Old 3rd March 2019, 19:56   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our Aquaguard (Enhanced RO model) is acting weird since morning. The waste water pipe is continuously discharging water. Is this normal? I had by mistake switched it off yesterday, so the system was not functioning for almost 20-22 hours.

Any suggestions guys?
When the machine is ON, the waste water will be discharging until the storage is full. When the tank is full and pump stopped, the waste must also stop. If not, it means that the pump is not stopping or some other malfunction. Call the Service guy asap.
By mistake switched off? There is nothing wrong switching off. 1-2 days you can leave it off, no problem. I have Dr.Aquaguard installed and this is how I operate it.
Switch on, let it fill full tank and switch off.
Draw water as and when required, and when the tank is near empty, switch on again, fill full tank and switch off.
Never keep it continuously on and keep drawing water.

This way my RO membrane has crossed 3 years and still in tact and gives good quality water.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:30   #776
Senior - BHPian

I have the following model of the LG Water Purifier: LGWAW53JW2RP.

This model requires the following Filters:
1. Pre-Sediment Filter
2. Sediment Filter
3. Pre Carbon Filter
4. RO Membrane
5. Post Carbon Filter

The time has come to replace these filters. The filters have been working fine since mid 2014. LG Official quote for 1 Year of AMC which includes the replacement of these filters is Rs.6,500/-

I see multiple options on Amazon for the set of these filters. Has anyone any experience in using aftermarket replacement filters for Water Purifiers - how reliable are they? Any specific brand recommendations?

What is the recommendation - should I just go for the LG Official AMC? or do the aftermarket filters make sense.
Old 7th March 2019, 23:42   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
What is the recommendation - should I just go for the LG Official AMC? or do the aftermarket filters make sense.
If you are handy with doing things yourself I would recommend you do these yourself. Find a trustworthy RO spares dealer in your vicinity and purchase all of these at very low prices compared to the company and possibly lower than Amazon too. I retrofitted a US purchased 7 stage RO system with a pressure pump, high pressure switch, low pressure switch, Auto flush valve and solenoid valve. The reason for this was my unit was not generating pure water due to low pressure in my lines. So installed a pressure pump and the switches etc to prevent continuous water flow in drain line. It's pretty easy and I would do it myself.
Old 10th March 2019, 14:12   #778
BHPian

Quote:

This model requires the following Filters:
1. Pre-Sediment Filter
2. Sediment Filter
3. Pre Carbon Filter
4. RO Membrane
5. Post Carbon Filter

The time has come to replace these filters. The filters have been working fine since mid 2014. LG Official quote for 1 Year of AMC which includes the replacement of these filters is Rs.6,500/-

I see multiple options on Amazon for the set of these filters. Has anyone any experience in using aftermarket replacement filters for Water Purifiers - how reliable are they? Any specific brand recommendations?

They call themselves when its time for service. With pre-filter replacement every time and inside filters once a year along with guarantee for electronics and pump; i think i will renew AMC this year as well.
Old 10th March 2019, 16:49   #779
sud
BHPian

Quote:

I personally don't want to trust on any after market filters for something which me and my family consumes on a daily basis. I would strongly suggest to take AMC from LG themselves. And my personal experience from them is always good so far.
Old 11th March 2019, 10:59   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The reason for this was my unit was not generating pure water due to low pressure in my lines. So installed a pressure pump and the switches etc to prevent continuous water flow in drain line. It's pretty easy and I would do it myself.
Can you please explain why you have to 'prevent' continuous flow in drain line? For RO membrane to permeate water, the reject MUST flow continuously. Else, you are actually over pressurizing the membrane to work like a filter and not a permeater.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks