Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 11:37   #706
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The unit is always on, but the tank is pressurised. Drop in pressure signals the unit to start up. You still get water from the tank while pressure lasts, during, for instance, shortish power cuts.
That allays some fears. Any recommended brands/models? I saw a couple of them by Aquaguard, Kent and AO Smith. Am leaning towards Aquaguard as it appears compact. https://www.eurekaforbes.com/water-p...utc-ro-uv-mtds
Old 29th June 2018, 13:07   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Need to buy a new water purifier for my home.
In my current house, I am using Pureit Marvella RO+UV for 1.5 years and it has been trouble-free though I had to change the filters twice (total cost would be 5000+)
Going through this thread, it seems all brands are almost the same - Pureit,Livpure,Kent,Aquaguard.
SO, should I just go with the one where I get a better price or is there anything I am missing?
Get one that has excellent service, and lower cost consumables. Considering that RO units cost around 1K to 2K a year for consumables and labour, low initial costs with expensive service will evaporate all the savings.
Old 29th June 2018, 15:05   #708
Senior - BHPian

^^

Thanks but I am not really seeing any difference in the costs of various purifiers when it comes to maintenance or cost of consumables. Almost all these units will cost 3-5K per year it seems based on usage and quality of input water.
Old 29th June 2018, 17:36   #709
Senior - BHPian

@adimicra; they all essentially require the same parts. So I do not see much difference in costs. What may matter is the reliability (how much the parts last) and their availability. I many ways generic stuff is to be preferred.
Old 29th June 2018, 18:16   #710
Senior - BHPian

@adimicra - pick the water purifier according to the service you will get. We bought a Zero B in Coorg and now we are not using it all because the guys refuse to come here and service it. There isn't much difference between the purifiers. We have an Aquagard at home in Bangalore but servicing it there is easy.
Old 29th June 2018, 19:49   #711
Senior - BHPian

I have a kent RO for the past 5 years. Its pretty hassle free. I get an independent technician to come once on 18-24 months and service it. I order the filters and membrane online through Ebay and get the technician to only replace the filters. Working fine for me so long and cost effective too.(2300 odd for two years including labour, filters and DOW filmtec membrane) My usage is also not so high. We are a family of two, so the consumption is also not very high to warrant closer services.

Last edited by hrman : 29th June 2018 at 19:52.
Old 1st July 2018, 07:25   #712
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Aesthetics should be an important consideration as well as per the Home Dept

I thought Livpure Pep Star will be most value for money but it is out as it looks 'bad'.
I have used Aquaguard and Pureit in the past and has had no problems with either regards to service. Anyways, I have shortlisted the following 2 -

Pureit Ultima Mineral RO - https://www.pureitwater.com/IN/purei...-mineral-ro-uv

Dr Aquaguard NXT HD RO + UV https://www.eurekaforbes.com/water-p...a-nxt-hd-ro-uv

Not sure if the advertised technologies like Mineral Guard etc really do any good but it is a small premium to pay I feel

Last edited by adimicra : 1st July 2018 at 07:27.
Old 12th July 2018, 12:03   #713
Senior - BHPian

Lg Ww170ep

Guys,

Soliciting feedback from members here who have been using LG WW170EP for a while now. I am impressed with the specs but the numerous -ve reviews on Amazon have me worried. I know that most of the reviews on Amazon are rigged, and hence, it would help to get some genuine feedback from genuine users.

Thanks in advance...
Old 25th July 2018, 17:26   #714
Senior - BHPian

I have shortlisted below two RO for home. Please recommend which one to go for and what should be the mode of purchase? Online or direct from store.

I want it to be installed on Sunday.

https://www.flipkart.com/livpure-liv...01532518298970

https://www.flipkart.com/kent-ace-11...4f10260067a9b0

Both of them are offering Purifying Technology: RO + UV +UF, cost difference between the two is significant. Which one would be better brand in terms of reliability, service and hassle free operation for home.

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th July 2018 at 17:28.
Old 26th July 2018, 11:05   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have shortlisted below two RO for home. Please recommend which one to go for and what should be the mode of purchase? Online or direct from store.

I want it to be installed on Sunday.

https://www.flipkart.com/livpure-liv...01532518298970

https://www.flipkart.com/kent-ace-11...4f10260067a9b0

Both of them are offering Purifying Technology: RO + UV +UF, cost difference between the two is significant. Which one would be better brand in terms of reliability, service and hassle free operation for home.
Not sure of other brand, but Kent has excellent service in NCR. The service engineer comes within 24 hours of call to the call centre.

The only downside of RO is the maintenance cost, which comes to nearly 3K per annum with AMC, as both the sedimentation and RO filter have to be changed.
Old 26th July 2018, 11:54   #716
Senior - BHPian

My Pureit Ultima looks to be giving problems every few months. There is an electronic error (?loose wire connector ) and s swollen power supply unit. I'm unable to use it most of 2 weeks as when the error appears it does not allow water to fill or sometimes even dispense what is purified. The local service person is nice but takes time and does not commit to repair times and costs. He has just advised me to open and jiggle the cable till it works which is not a solution.
Maintenance costs per year is about 5000 to 6000 RS. For the germ kill kits.
I was looking at Havells water purifier as they seem new and service is good for other Havells products.
Kent and Aquaguard have below average service here in Vellore.
Should I keep repairing or change over to another ro unit which will be cheaper to maintain ? Also does anyone offer exchange discounts if I were to return this machine.
With Havells the sales tech from headquarters said that anything purchased online will not have warranty as they are sold by non authorised stores - is that an empty threat?
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 20:34   #717
BHPian

Re: Lg Ww170ep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

Soliciting feedback from members here who have been using LG WW170EP for a while now. I am impressed with the specs but the numerous -ve reviews on Amazon have me worried. I know that most of the reviews on Amazon are rigged, and hence, it would help to get some genuine feedback from genuine users.

Thanks in advance...
I'm using LG WWEP160P for almost two years. And i love it ( after having used several brands in last 14 years, starting with Pentair.....and last - one year old Kent Grand, which i gave away when i saw technician turning the screw to mix impure water for raising TDS).

Latest LED UV technology (no UV Lamps), no mixing of impure water, consistent pH (i keep a digital pH meter to test besides TDS meter).

Regular service including replacement of ALL filters and disinfecting the stainless steel storage tank and faucet system in AMC. Piece of mind.

I would recommend it readily.
Old 29th July 2018, 15:14   #718
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lg Ww170ep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I'm using LG WWEP160P for almost two years. And i love it
Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
one year old Kent Grand, which i gave away when i saw technician turning the screw to mix impure water for raising TDS)
The screw is used to mix water coming via RO and outside of it. None of the other filtration processes are bypassed. I have been using Kent Pearl for 6 years now and am positive about this (assuming the flow is same across Grand and Pearl).
Old 29th July 2018, 17:29   #719
BHPian

Just brought back a 7 stage RO from the US. Will be my project over the next month or two. Plan to also install a whole house sediment filter and maybe a whole house softener before I install this RO. I hope no component is broken due to the transit.
Attached Thumbnails
Recommended water purifier?-1532865500127.jpg  

Recommended water purifier?-1532865512894.jpg  

Recommended water purifier?-1532865521629.jpg  

Old 30th July 2018, 18:41   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Just brought back a 7 stage RO from the US. Will be my project over the next month or two. Plan to also install a whole house sediment filter and maybe a whole house softener before I install this RO. I hope no component is broken due to the transit.
I am curious how would you maintain the same, considering water filtration equipment needs regular maintenance and spares!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks