Senior - BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

I came across this water purifier

Is it any good?
Old 7th June 2016, 12:42   #512
Senior - BHPian

PLease suggest a water purifier for me.
We are a small family and our normal daily consumption is around 6 liters in weekdays and may be around 10 liters in weekends.

We used to get municipal water always.So I had a Aquaguard UV filter. But now-a-days we get borewell water sometimes. Also, the water ppm was around 150 earlier but not it is up to 250 ppm.

Should I stick to the old Aquaguard purifier?
I am thinking to buy one with RO+UV.
I am thinking og buying Pureit RO+UV with 5 liters storage which is available around 9-10K.

https://www.pureitwater.com/IN/purei...advanced-ro-uv

Should I go ahead with this? Is 5 liters storage too less? I don't think so.
Also, what is the maintenance cost of Pureit water purifer compared to Aquaguard or Kent?
Old 7th June 2016, 14:06   #513
Senior - BHPian

@adimicra; Do you really need RO. I am quite happy with UV since 2001 when we moved to our house. Before that 1977 to 2003 we used no filter in IIT campus. We had our own supply from deep tube wells.

Aquaguard/Eureka Forbes service has been bad, and I have used an independent since 2005 or so. Now my chap tells me that spares are becoming a problem with EF. They have stopped supplying cards. What I do hear that kent also have a filter (without RO) which should work.
Old 7th June 2016, 14:16   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

Aquaguard/Eureka Forbes service has been bad, and I have used an independent since 2005 or so. Now my chap tells me that spares are becoming a problem with EF. They have stopped supplying cards. What I do hear that kent also have a filter (without RO) which should work.
I called Kent last Wednesday. Yet to hear from them.

If this is the responsiveness BEFORE the sale, I shudder to think about after-sales-service!
Old 7th June 2016, 14:50   #515
BHPian

Sridhu, the link you gave above, that filter is way overpriced. These kind of filters are available for around a third of the pricing.
Old 7th June 2016, 15:38   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I called Kent last Wednesday. Yet to hear from them.

If this is the responsiveness BEFORE the sale, I shudder to think about after-sales-service!
Agree. In any case I do not rely on any company service. The privateers are better. Incidentally, the service guy in my son's condo in Gurugram has far more issues with Kent quality than ZeroB (Ion Exchange) quality.

If Ion Exchange also have something then thy are to be preferred. Old established company, water treatment professionals, and the rest.
Old 7th June 2016, 17:50   #517
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if I really need a RO filter.
But the detoriating water quality is making me a little bit concerned.

Also, I am not liking the taste of the water I am drinking.

Among the branded ones, which one do people suggest?
I am thinking to go with Pureit. Looks to me as better VFM than Aquaguard or Kent.

Now, the question is do I need a TDS modulator?
Also, how much storage I should have at minimum?
Old 7th June 2016, 18:31   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am not sure if I really need a RO filter.
But the detoriating water quality is making me a little bit concerned.

Also, I am not liking the taste of the water I am drinking.

Among the branded ones, which one do people suggest?
I am thinking to go with Pureit. Looks to me as better VFM than Aquaguard or Kent.

Now, the question is do I need a TDS modulator?
Also, how much storage I should have at minimum?

Am using PureIt MARVELLA RO+UV and its been very good experience till now. Got it in Amazon and it was installed the very next day after its arrival. The installation guy was bit rude though he did this job perfectly. Complained to pure it and next day one more guy arrived and apologised and gave a demo.

- Water tastes good and it reduced ppm drastically.
- Got 1 pre-sediment filter free with package.
- GKK1 needs to be replaced every 4000 litres
- GKK2 needs to be replaced every 8000 litres
- Very good service support IMO.
- No annual maintenance cost. Only filters need to replaced when it indicates to.

Overall worth every penny and for your family the filters will last long since your usage is less. Hope this helps
Old 7th June 2016, 18:55   #519
Senior - BHPian

^
Thanks a lot. When do we need to replace the sediment filter and how much that costs?
I am more or less decided to go with the same model.
I am just thinking if I should get the standard one or the slim one with only 4 liters of storage as it costs 4K less.
I think the maintenance is less compared to other brands.

Other ones shortlisted are the Aquaguard Magna/Aquaguard enhance.
Any experience about Tata Swachh? They seem to be the most VFM but not sure about the service.
Old 7th June 2016, 19:24   #520
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone experienced Livpure here? From the looks of it this one (2000 Touch) seems to be one of the most advanced. Capable of dealing with upto 2000 TDS level (most others either do not disclose or are restricted to 700 levels). Also seems to have one of the highest number of stages of filtration that I have seen. My problem is that I am not seeing enough customers who have used this one. A few reviews online look highly biased.
Old 7th June 2016, 20:48   #521
BHPian

I was looking for a water purifier for my new home. I was going through the posts on AMC and ownership cost. Considering all these will it be better to go for Bislery cans?
Old 8th June 2016, 08:27   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
We have Aquaguard Nova model since 2002. Last 2 years Eureka service has been bad in my locality. For e.g. we lodged service request in March and even with repeated follow up no one turned up. In May, 2 days before AMC expiry, the person turns up. We ask him to do service first but he refuses saying number of free services during AMC is over. I am yet to renew the AMC. Surprisingly no follow up from Eureka for renewal.

The AMC is now becoming too costly too. AMC quoted Rs. 1850 per year or Rs. 3500 for 2 years.

Anyways, when I try to read reviews of other brands, I hear similar story with the service.

So friends, is there any brand for which
1. We need not put AMC and
2. We can procure replaceable items like candle, filter, carbon etc on our own and
3. We can do a service on our own (DIY)
Old 8th June 2016, 09:32   #523
Senior - BHPian

@Simhi; there are a lot of privateers doing service, just ask around. Many of then are ex Eureka Forbes. Other than cards, all the rest of the stuff is bought in or substitutes are easily available. I hear there are only one or two manufacturers of RO membranes which are found in all the units. In fact we now prefer to buy through an independent service provider. he get some commission in the purchase (we still do not pay more) and often is no more than the net vendors price (or maybe ₹100 or so more), provides service during the warranty, and then takes an AMC. Seamless to us.
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:06   #524
Oxy
BHPian

Purchased the Kent Pearl and got it installed yesterday. The water tastes great.

So far so good, let's see how this goes.
Old 22nd June 2016, 15:33   #525
Senior - BHPian

@Oxy; water tastes good, I thought it will be tasteless. The most popular ROs are from Kent and ZeroB, with others like LG, Levers making a small dent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks