Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 11:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: A note on Team-BHP, and a big shoutout to the Mods!

Folks, a gentle reminder to follow rule#14 (not discussing moderator actions on the public forum).

We're grateful to the BHP-ian community that helps us collectively maintain our high standards. It is humanly impossible for a bunch of volunteer mods with demanding professional and personal lives, to police every single comment on every single thread, without the support of the community that promptly brings any violations they notice to our attention.

Every BHP-ian has the option to report posts they find contravening forum rules, and reaching out to the mods via PM or the contact us page. Senior and Distinguished BHP-ians also have the additional option of using the 'Pitstop with Mod Team' section to discuss an issue. All reports are dealt with appropriately in consultation with the moderator group.

Kindly avoid using this thread to circumvent rule#14. Thanks for your continued support.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th September 2021 at 11:17. Reason: Word
Chetan_Rao is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 11:24   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Does highlighting such comments even make any difference??
For Mods to take any action on such posts, one needs to report it to them. If you find such posts, please report that post and let the Mods decide. Highlighting such comments may not get it noticed by them.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2021 at 19:50. Reason: Quoted post deleted
BoneCollector is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 11:35   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Does highlighting such comments even make any difference??
We have two rules (rule 2 & 6), that deals with that. If something falls outside of that, the offense becomes very subjective. If a person is determined to get offended, no amount of diplomacy can stop them from getting offended. You have the option of reporting such posts and we take a collective look at it to decide if it merits an action.

If you are saying we are not politically correct, you may be right. We debate, we attack ideas of each other, it might hurt the sensibilities of people. Ideas need to be attacked. Only those ideas that can survive criticism truly have merit. If we take that away, there is nothing left.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2021 at 19:50. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Samurai is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 11:40   #19
BHPian

Hats off to the mods of TBHP!!! They are doing a pretty good job.

It is a very thin line that separates freedoms of speech and expression and craziness. And it is a difficult job. See what is happening with Facebook/Twitter et al. We recently read about how CTS got out of the content moderation business as well. Although the scale is not comparable, it shows the difficulties involved.

Overall wonderful job done.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 12:11   #20
BHPian

I was a moderator of the internal forum in my college and having that first hand experience I can not appreciate enough how well the Teambhp moderators are managing this forum keeping it high quality.

It's hard to create quality but even harder to sustain it... really appreciate it

Least we can do is to stick to the forum rules that is nearly outlined and that would be the biggest thanks and gratitude to their work.
sushantk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have been a follower of Team-bhp since it's inception. I used to read it everyday. Though it's after few years I got the membership and started posting. Now also I post quite less and do reading of almost all threads everyday. It's my guilty pleasure to log in first thing in morning and see what's going around.

As this thread is dedicated to Mods it's imperative to say I am a member of various forums and various whatsapp groups and what not. But, this forum has the highest standard of moderation and because of that members are always civil to each other even in disagreements. The amount of knowledge i have gained here is invaluable.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

A double thumbs up for bringing this thread up. More than a forum, this has become a lifestyle for most of us. I mean, you need a break, it's TBHP, you need to vent it out, it's TBHP, you have something brewing in your mind, it's TBHP. You want to have fun, it's TBHP. You are TBHP. We are TBHP.

A note on Team-BHP, and a big shoutout to the Mods!-821cebd34c7da43f47dff4daf26a51dcb6d25bba.jpeg

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:24   #23
BHPian

A big THANK YOU for all the moderators and the members of this forum. The only portal/forum, I binge read and write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Folks, a gentle reminder to follow rule#14 (not discussing moderator actions on the public forum).

Last edited by saisree : 24th September 2021 at 14:26.
Old 24th September 2021, 15:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BHPians make it easy for us as 99% of you respect our forum rules
Trust GTO to slyly put in the Rules link in his acknowledgement message

I had been hearing about TBHP for the past decade but decided to fully engage much more recently (~2 years back). It is so good to interact with people with whom you share a common passion and also some levels of like-mindedness in the way one share's their opinion.

I understand the job that TBHP Mods do especially when I browse other social media. The Forum rules (and their strict implementation) make it so easy to have a sensible debate with someone even when we have diametrically opposite opinions. I also love the non-auto posts on the forum simply because the people engaging on it have very educated opinions and also present them in a healthy manner.

The happiness this forum has given me especially during this pandemic has been immense. Thanks to all the Mods for maintaining the high standards on this forum. Cheers!
AutoConsultant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 16:00   #25
BHPian

All credit goes to Mods for maintaining the integrity of this forum in the world where almost all (so called) reviews are influenced by paid advertising.

On a side note, even for non-automotive stuff, I first search here on Team-BHP website to see if there is any information available.

This is the level of trust you guys have built over the years with your hard work and dedication.

Kudos to each of you.
Old 24th September 2021, 17:35   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ideas need to be attacked. Only those ideas that can survive criticism truly have merit.
Wholeheartedly agree with this statement. However, more often than not, when an idea is attacked, it is taken personally and therein lies the problem.

On the subject note of this thread, it truly is a gift to have such a forum where I have spent countless hours just absorbing information.

Special shout out to TSK1979 whose travelogues are Pulitzer worthy and helped me plan my road trip to Leh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ate-guide.html (Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide)) and Iceland (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...-ice-fire.html (Iceland: A song of Ice and Fire)). Both are links to some of his best works. Thanks again TSK1979, for the crazy trips you take and for documenting them so well.
sto_psy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 18:24   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

The quality of the work the Mods perform and deliver on consistently day in and day out cannot be adequately described or appreciated in words. My compliments to them for managing their careers and livelihoods and doing a full time parallel job as a Moderator. And to do this without upsetting the balance of the forum or getting mired in public controversies is a finely honed art and must require team work of the highest calibre.

In terms of quality of content and discussion Team BHP is up there with the best in the world. Only the highest quality newspapers and journals maintain such a civil standard of debate - none in India that I know of. Social media unfortunately, though not unexpectedly, has degenerated into a cesspool of the lowest common denominator. I am glad Team BHP holds the flag in the other direction.

As for political correctness brought up by member @vinair and others. Political correctness is thought police masquerading in self righteousness. On social media today where any one can broadcast any thing to all it is fashionable to get 'offended' easily. It is often times a cover for not having any thing substantive to say so getting 'offended' is a great way to grab two seconds of attention. Some may get offended by this statement of mine! Being grown up implies you know how to roll with the punches and give as good as you get.

It behooves each of us {including me} as members to think before we type and to review before we post - that will make the lives of our Moderators a lot easier.
V.Narayan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 18:47   #28
BHPian

A fantastic idea to acknowledge the outstanding efforts of the Mods. I believe diligent moderation has been one of the key factors in Team-BHP being what it is today.

Also, I don't quite think there is any other interest group or forum that comes close to the quality, content, opinion diversity, and vibrancy that you find on Team-BHP.

Last edited by pannags : 24th September 2021 at 18:53.
Old 24th September 2021, 21:55   #29
BHPian

Appreciating the efforts of Mods was the first thing I did in my first post on the ‘Introduce Yourself’ thread. The success of Team-BHP is 100% due to the passion and sincerity of the Top Mod - GTO and other fellow Mods to offer contents that are true facts and nothing else. When such a content is ensured in everything that is available in the Forum, it automatically gives so much confidence to the readers, followers and members to take conscious and informed decisions. It also helps in enriching the knowledge on various aspects of automobile and related stuffs.
Old 24th September 2021, 22:59   #30
BHPian

A big thank you for all the hard work in moderating eash and every post. Not only that I am also overwhelmed by knowledge of these guys. Despite being busy, they do contribute to almost all topics under discussion.

I love to read GTO's point of view and advise which always gives me something different than my own opinion and always valid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks