Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2022, 15:34   #166
BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Pretty stunned to read that Wasim Akram admits to having struggled with a cocaine addiction, in his latest autobiography. According to the news articles (I haven't read the book), he got over it. But makes me wonder if we should be taking our health cues from newspaper reports about celebrity deaths (or lives). They have a totally different lifestyle, a lot of it that goes unreported. And without the complete picture, drawing conclusions about 'healthy people dying' solely based on half-baked media articles seems pointless.
I dont think we should take the opposite view and attach lifestyle that would be risky to these deaths too.

We dont have to see media and celebrities passing away. We see lot of middle aged people around us or among relatives also passing away. Most of them are due to diet and lack of active lifestyle. But the risk is increasing. Why only cardio is being hyped ? Because there are no symptoms and its sudden.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 16:20   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Middle-aged gents & heart attacks | Bird Automotive boss passes away at just 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
India is becoming (or has it already become?) the world's T2D* and CAD epicentre.
It is certainly the world's abbreviation epicentre!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Why only cardio is being hyped ? Because there are no symptoms and its sudden.
No expert, but I don't think heart problems are always without warning. And probably stroke can be also be sudden and unexpected.

*T2D: type 2 diabetes? My brain is slow
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 18:15   #168
BHPian

The latest news about Vikram Kirloskar (who was 63 or so) passing away due to a heart attack is shocking - to add to the list of public figures who have passed away over the recent months due to heart attack or cardiac arrest.

Many of us saw him being present at the Hycross launch last week and giving media interviews etc - as someone said, very difficult to know the exact medical condition or lifestyle/ habits he had.
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 17:40   #169
Senior - BHPian

Ricky Ponting hospitalised,
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/r...-perth-1347830
Old 2nd December 2022, 17:46   #170
BANNED

I think these deaths of people in the 30s, 40s and 50s is not more, just being more reported and coming more in the news. Probably a very minor % could be due to obesity and inactive lifestyle and pollution but rest I think have always been there but not made known as widely as now.
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:12   #171
BHPian

I lost my wife 3 weeks back to a heart episode. Even though the primary trigger was managed quickly by angio, a ventricular septal rupture could not be managed even though a device was placed. She succumbed to multiple organ failure. She was 50 and was fit. Her annual checkup was clean. With the heart, one never knows!
rajeevsulu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:24   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
I lost my wife 3 weeks back to a heart episode. Even though the primary trigger was managed quickly by angio, a ventricular septal rupture could not be managed even though a device was placed. She succumbed to multiple organ failure. She was 50 and was fit. Her annual checkup was clean. With the heart, one never knows!
Very sorry to hear the loss!
What exact cardiac related tests she went through in the annual check up? Looks like anything other than angio CT aren't conclusive enough.

Last edited by Guna : 2nd December 2022 at 19:25.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:28   #173
BHPian

She went through the whole gamut of tests. Blood, ecg, echo, treadmill tests, everything was done. Her cholesterol levels were well under permissible levels.
rajeevsulu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:36   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I lost my wife 3 weeks back to a heart episode.
Heartfelt condolences Rajeev.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:36   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very Very sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my deepest condolences and prayers for your family, yourself and the departed soul.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:44   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and prayers.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 23:39   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I lost my wife 3 weeks back to a heart episode.
Tragic. Deep condolences.

Yes, there have always been heart attacks in younger people. If I remember rightly, 30s and 50s were considered dangerous. I met my best brother-friend when we were about 17 or 18 in about 1970. He had just lost his father to heart attack. His mother lived on well into the 2000s.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 05:42   #178
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Oh no. My sincere condolences Rajeev. Really sorry to read this. God give you strength at this time.
We all just have to do our best to remain fit and try to lead healthy lives.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 08:33   #179
BHPian

Quote:
I lost my wife 3 weeks back to a heart episode. Even though the primary trigger was managed quickly by angio, a ventricular septal rupture could not be managed even though a device was placed..
My heartfelt condolences! My prayers to you & your family to cope with the loss of a dear one.

Shows that life is uncertain, there is only so much that can be done to control it, which we must do, the rest is up to the God.
whitewing is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 17:30   #180
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Heart attacks seems to be increasing post covid. I am not sure if this can be attributed to just vigilant reporting. I am sharing a few videos that I have seen in recent months.

My concern is - how can this be diagnosed? If anyone is prone to a heart attack, he should not drive. We don't know how many accidents would be happening from such heart attacks.

Warning: Viewer discretion is advised for some of the following videos.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd March 2023 at 05:21. Reason: Warning added
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks