View Poll Results: Work where?
100% WFH 97 22.15%
Mix of home & office 260 59.36%
100% work-from-office after Covid situation settles down 81 18.49%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2021, 11:34   #61
BHPian

Re: Even post vaccination, are you going to work-from-home more?

100% WFH.

Upside:
#1 Saves commute time. I am finally able to find 45 minutes for my daily walk!
#2 Better concentration. No noise or visual distractions from colleagues.
#3 Better meetings. I find it easier to focus on screen than a huge diagram/excel sheet projected on the wall.
#4 More hygienic. We were in a co-working space and on multiple occasions one person having flu brought down the whole compartment one-by-one.
#5 Work-from-anywhere (once COVID subsides of course).
#6 Monetary savings. Haven't bought any formal clothing last one year. Next car could be smaller if it's not to be used for daily office commute etc.

Downsides:
#1 Miss the social time with friends.
#2 Kids at home don't understand office-time - specially my younger one.
#3 Office ambience, smell of coffee, daily drive in my car.
#4 Assurance/feel-good factor of seeing people face-to-face.
#5 Increased time spent on social media (including team-bhp ).

Despite the downsides, I am seriously thinking that given a choice, 100% WFH is what I would prefer. Though as others have said, the decision may be made for you and no choice will be given.

Last edited by pkk077 : 7th May 2021 at 11:39.
pkk077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:41   #62
BHPian

For the immediate short term (2021 and most part of 2022) will work from home.

I have worked with clients, partner firms who had more than 50% of their workforce working remotely for past two decades. My experience has been that people working remotely long term have very little affinity to the organization, their teams and co-workers. With average age of my teams in mid 20's, I would want them to balance between office & remote work - at least 3 days in office.

I personally will work 5 days a week from office
Old 7th May 2021, 11:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

Don't get me wrong Covid vaccination is like Prayer: sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Don't depend on Covid vaccine to see you through. I've seen many known to me get + even after two months after two doses. Some have also passed away. My opinion is Covid vaccine is the biggest hoax unleashed on humanity on such a large scale. I've taken the two doses of Covishield because I need that certificate to use in future when I may need to travel.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 7th May 2021 at 11:58.
Old 7th May 2021, 12:01   #64

I would definitely go for a mix of work from home and office. Though WFH saves a lot of time and fuel removing the commute, work sometimes gets done quickly when you are face to face. Over mails and calls the work just keeps getting delayed.

Another drawback that I see of WFH is that the 9 to 5 job has now become 8 to 10. This is leading to excessive stress. If WFH has to continue, there need to be definite guidelines on the working hours.
Old 7th May 2021, 12:03   #65
BHPian

As someone in the teaching profession, I am all for getting back to the old-fashioned, face-to-face interaction and classroom experience. I have been going through some of the most depressing periods of my teaching career as I dont even know whether to call what happens now as teaching-learning process. This has been some of the most alienating experience where you completely miss the eye contact and personal interaction with the students. Students miss the campus experience, the joy of friendship and benefits of interaction. For many of them, this is a really agonizing experience and we too hope that this phase gets over at the earliest.
rsanthosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 12:05   #66
BHPian

Voted for Mix of WFH & office.

Though I work in IT industry, all our global offices reopened at 25% capacity from May 2020 and then at 50% capacity from July 2020. I liked that arrangement - it's a break from a continuous WFH situation which I do get bored of after a certain number of days, traffic is comparatively less so driving is fun (I take 35-40 minutes to travel 25 kms one way) and the commute time serves as a break from continuous work hours when we WFH. I think our company plans to continue with this arrangement at least until 100% back to office is possible.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 7th May 2021 at 12:06. Reason: Grammatical correction
Old 7th May 2021, 12:06   #67
BHPian

Most companies in the tech space, including our, has moved to a hybrid model post Covid situation settles down. We have an option to work from home for 2-3 days every week. Most of us will end up taking that option instead of tackling Bangalore's infamous ORR traffic. Plus with the bus lane separated already, and metro work set to begin soon, it would be mad to travel all 5 days.
My office being bang in the middle of Ecoworld and Ecospace, I plan to make full use of the hybrid work policy. :P
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 12:09   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk077 View Post
100% WFH.

Upside:
#1 Saves commute time. I am finally able to find 45 minutes for my daily walk!
#2 Better concentration. No noise or visual distractions from colleagues.
#3 Better meetings. I find it easier to focus on screen than a huge diagram/excel sheet projected on the wall.
#4 More hygienic. We were in a co-working space and on multiple occasions one person having flu brought down the whole compartment one-by-one.
#5 Work-from-anywhere (once COVID subsides of course).
#6 Monetary savings. Haven't bought any formal clothing last one year. Next car could be smaller if it's not to be used for daily office commute etc.

Downsides:
#1 Miss the social time with friends.
#2 Kids at home don't understand office-time - specially my younger one.
#3 Office ambience, smell of coffee, daily drive in my car.
#4 Assurance/feel-good factor of seeing people face-to-face.
#5 Increased time spent on social media (including team-bhp ).

Despite the downsides, I am seriously thinking that given a choice, 100% WFH is what I would prefer. Though as others have said, the decision may be made for you and no choice will be given.
Forgot to add. Freshly cooked hot meal at lunch time every day
pkk077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 12:10   #69
BHPian

Voted for a mix of home and office. We have seen that a hybrid model works well and has its bag of positives and negatives. Since historical data about earlier pandemics are indicating that it will take three years vaccination can only delay the inevitable. Also there is a lack of clarity if the vaccine is an one time affair or an annual one.
So safety being paramount a hybrid model will work well where possible. Sadly for some sectors this cannot work. So if you can WFH, or are in a hybrid model its is a privilege, use it well and responsibly.
Old 7th May 2021, 12:23   #70
BHPian

Have been working from home since past 5 years, nothing new to me. Now if i want to swift my company, first thing i will look for is work from home possibility. I easily save few hrs/day which i utilise for things i like, such as badminton, reading, etc. But this also comes along with some negatives, lack of social life. If you are managing it by goign to sport clubs, or someother alternatives, WFH can be really peaceful!
travelling owl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 12:42   #71
BHPian

Although I would love a 100% WFH option, our firm has not yet decided on what approach will be taken regarding this.
Whilst I'm sure its going to be a hybrid model for the future, the same won't be possible for all BUs in my firm as some HAVE to be client facing e.g. audit / tax, etc.
For my team, it is definitely possible to have 100% WFH as we aren't directly client facing at any time. Add to that, the fact that we need to use external monitors, keyboard and mouse would make hybrid working impossible.
Personally, for me, WFH has helped improve on quality and quantity of work, considering I now save almost 4hrs for travel + the stress of getting into a Mumbai local during peak times!
Our firm has sponsored WFH equipment for all employees which has enabled me to have a full-fledged WFH setup with a proper table and chair.
With all these factors, I do not miss office at all!
Old 7th May 2021, 13:02   #72
BHPian

It is going to be 90% WFH and 10 % office for me after the #Wuhanvirus is brought under control. Office visits for special team meetings etc only.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 13:30   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
No WFH for us, except for a temporary period. There is something to be said about a professional office set up, especially those in the professional services sector such as legal and finance. In our field, it is extremely important to have that client to lawyer contact, face to face meetings and a full fledged set up for team members to deliver seamlessly. Working form home can only be a temporary solution for us, in my view. Would prefer to get back to office as soon as it is safe to do so.
For client meetings, I agree. But one thing the pandemic has made quite clear is that the courts don't need to take up all cases physically. Many miscellaneous cases can be taken up online even post-pandemic, limiting the physical functioning to recording of evidence and arguments. That would reduce about 90% of the lawyers and litigants physically present on any given day. No overcrowding, more efficient, and saves time for us lawyers too.

For that matter, even the hybrid functioning as several benches of Delhi HC had taken up - you can appear howsoever you wish to, physically or virtually - should be adopted post pandemic.

Dreams.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 13:46   #74
BHPian

There's no option to vote for. I'm a hospital administrator and practically there's no work from home. The only change that lock-down has brought is recognition of the concept 'work from home'. So now, if someone from Finance, Marketing or HR wants to work from home for a day or two to manage some issues, we say ok. Earlier, we'd have said 'take leave'. Other than that, everyone is present in the hospital.
Old 7th May 2021, 14:29   #75
BHPian

In my current role I handle a large sales team spread across multiple states/towns, while most of my work happens from home, I need to spend time with my team & customers personally to build rapport & motivate them.

So in future, i may choose to work from Home & in the Market but would certianly avoid visiting my office. I have the last year made arrangements at home with a full-fledged office setup & a dedicated room to myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks