Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2021, 06:07   #16
BHPian

Re: 79 years old and still a travel-freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
Inspiring story to start the day.

Along with his age (& need of walker to move around), the choice of the 31 year old VW -T3 adds further boost of confidence to us, since we think of changing vehicles when it is 8 or10 years old due to fear of parts availability or vehicle reliability.

May his passion gets him more journeys in coming days.
Parts if not available can be bought used. Reliability is a bonus you get if you maintain your car well. My car is 19 years old and passed 400,000 km. I do some very long trips of up to 7000 km without fear.

His choice of such an old car is that it does not have any electronics as he drives places where he wont get help is the car breaks down. If his car breaks down he just needs to use a teaspoon or find a blacksmith.

My car is the second generation with electronics so I carry a code reader with me when i travel. So far I have not had use for it on my car but used it on other cars that broke down.
Indian2003 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 23:34   #17
BHPian

Re: 79 years old and still a travel-freak!

I was at the local meet last weekend in September and there was 1 member I missed. For the first time, 79 year old Steinar was missing.

I sent him a message and he replied. He is away roaming the Austrian alps for 5 weeks. He left 17th September and will return 26th October. I see that he has easier means of transport when outside the car. I see a new disability scooter.

79 years old and still a travel-freak!-steinarscooter.jpg
Indian2003 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks