Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Fake reviews for the GoMechanic apps

I ordered a optibelt 6pk 1698 belt from gomechanic on 7th November. Delivery date shown was 22nd November. I called them up on 15th November because the website still showed order in progress and didn't even show dispatched or anything and the customer care representative assured me that product would be delivered on 22nd November itself. Today (22nd November), I called them up and they tell me that the item is on back order and would take another 15 to 20 days. The website still shows item will be delivered on 22nd November itself.

I did not even get a sms saying my order would be delayed. They are unprofessional, do not sent prompt updates and customer care executives until the last minute just tell you things you want to hear until things go south. Dealing with them is painful with multiple phone calls. I cancelled my order and hope nowone has to deal with this kind of service again.
Old 26th October 2023, 05:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
This is a very common menace now a days. Opting a service by the sheer number of positive reviews can turnout exactly otherwise.

A couple of weeks back was having this discussion with Moderator Vidyut and was telling him, I will post about this when I find some leisure time.
And now this: https://inc42.com/buzz/gomechanic-mo...fraud-eow-fir/

Clearly the fraud was beyond just fake reviews. FIR from investors, fake bank statements showing falsified revenues and related party transactions. The playbook has been overused and still they thought they could get away with it.
KaartooS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 23:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
This is a sad sad industry in itself, the fake review industry.

Infact, it doesn't even end there. Often times people who write fake reviews are people from underdeveloped countries paid a few cents for each review.It really puts things in perspective and makes you realise how good we've got it.
Old 13th February 2024, 14:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSC117 View Post
Infact, it doesn't even end there. Often times people who write fake reviews are people from underdeveloped countries paid a few cents for each review.It really puts things in perspective and makes you realise how good we've got it.
These fake reviews aren't just from random people in some obscure undeveloped countries. This is extremely common in our country as well. See the image below:

Fake reviews for the GoMechanic apps-screenshot_20230911_123217_whatsapp.jpg

I have been getting so many such messages in whatsapp, offering 100-500 rs payment for such reviews. And the reviews are often hilarious, and is a source of a lot of racial hate and "Pajeet" comments on social media.

Fake reviews for the GoMechanic apps-20240213_14h23_33.jpg

There are plenty of such reviews everywhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks