Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 21:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Railway employee risking it all to save child fallen in front of a speeding train

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Absolutely heroic effort by Mr Shelke! But some credit must also be given to the locopilot Mr Vinod Kumar Jangid, who had seen the dramatic moments, applied emergency brakes bringing down the speed to 85kmph and creating a buffer of two seconds.
Agree completely. I didn't know this aspect of the incident. The engineer deserves credit as well. He has mentioned in the article that he was also "shaken" by what he saw. That split second decision to apply the emergency brakes gave the pointsman those precious 2-3 seconds to push the child and himself up on the platform.

Salute to both the heroes, completely!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 23:11   #32
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Railway employee risking it all to save child fallen in front of a speeding train

Absolute stunning heroic effort by Shelke! Hats off to him for his courage.

Don't want to sound negative on this thread, but just sharing what I saw on a Marathi channel which covered the incident and managed to speak to the blind lady as well as the child. When asked how he fell down the track, the boy admitted that he was walking with his eyes closed. I know, he is very young chap, but still this was
Old 24th April 2021, 23:19   #33
BHPian

I am eager to hear comments on this act from a popular actor of our country who had done a similar stunt.

Mayur did it in real and on top of that he saved a life. I was almost about to change the video, sensing that this would be gory scene when I saw it in Whatsapp for the first time. But, that was nothing short of a god sent miracle. Period.

Shelke Bhau, may-ur tribe grow! Our earth needs it, desperately.

Last edited by SDP : 25th April 2021 at 11:55. Reason: Please avoid typing ... like ... this
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 00:25   #34
BHPian

Mayur Shelke for president!

The courage, determination, perseverance, benevolence and integrity is something that I’ve only seen in the Avengers trilogy series.

I hope he gets promoted at work for his decorated act in saving the life of a child.
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 10:58   #35
BHPian

Sheer courage and selfless act. Wish many more like him stay around to be superheros when people need them.

The gifting of cars, bikes to such heros may look like advertisement but I guess that’s needed. While no one thinks of the outcome or rewards in such a situation, the society appreciating this selfless act is definitely an incentive.
Old 25th April 2021, 13:07   #36
BHPian

Heartwarming to see a positive news in these times. God bless him and more power to such selfless people who make a difference positively!
Old 28th April 2021, 22:49   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw some clearer footage which is shared below. The train stops briefly after this near-miss. Footage from another camera in the direction of the train isn't as hair raising as the earlier one, but yes, it was a close shave !! Watch from 3:08. Thirteen seconds from waving a flag to saving a life. Just see how fleet footed Mayur was. What an act of selflessness !!

Last edited by vigsom : 28th April 2021 at 22:56.
vigsom is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks