Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 19:24   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@technocrat: I was under the impression it was both the drivers who had perished. Im sorry for you and your friend
Just got to know that Techno . my apologies and condolences to your friend. I presume your friend stays in Kandivali? I just got to know that through a building friend who knows the guy who was killed. He stays in the neighbouring building. He told me the guy was in the back seat. The Swift and its occupants are all from Thakur Village Kandivali which is my area

Sorry once again Please take no offence.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th April 2007 at 19:29.
Old 25th April 2007, 19:29   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Rks , Sb can we please stop this guys .. Its been going on and on over a million threads now .. Comments about someones driving (i am a safer driver than you), cars handling (my car handles better than yours) etc .. This thread is not the place to discuss whose car should be doing what speeds on the expressway or who feels safer driving at what speeds while tired and sleepy .. We have two or more occupants of the crash who have passed away , instead of sympathizing for the family all we can do is shoot of our mouths and mudsling ??

Guys (in general if Im not clear enough) what kicks do we get by pointing fingers at someone ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th April 2007 at 19:32.
Old 25th April 2007, 19:42   #123
rks
BANNED

@mclaren1885, sorry for the OT post, you are right. Let us revert to the topic. I had no intention of pointing fingers at anyone.
Old 25th April 2007, 20:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

May the departed souls Rest In Peace & let this be a learning experiance for ALL of us car crazy guys......Safety First. I know of kids in their teens & early 20's who think it is the greatest achievement to drive recklessly & get away with it & they boast about it to their peer group - I happen to have heard this myself.

May better sense prevail
Old 25th April 2007, 20:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Similar Accident in Pune

I heard of a similar Accident somewhere on the Outskirts of Pune a month back.
I know this through a friend who said that some girl in his building is
in hospital due to some severe shock.

It seems that some dude, his male friend and a girl (not the one in the hospital) went on a joy ride (Ikon..if i remember), doing 120 Kmph.
Girl in the passener seat gets scared/panicked and just imagine....
engages the hand brake (yes...at 120 kmph!!). The ride jumps the divider and flips laterally multiple times.
Driver, is no more, Don't know about the girl and the rear seat passenger.
The girl in the hospital is a Friend of the girl in the car, who was shocked to hear this.

These Teens remind me of one more accident where the Ikon had split up.
Man, when i was 18 I was given the Bajaj M80 to ride!!! Ahem!
Old 25th April 2007, 21:03   #126
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My condolences to the families of all the people involved in this accident.
Also to all those guys out there that get a massive kick out of trying to punch down city streets..heres your answer.So please for God sakes try and not take your lives for granted...and try to keep all the racing in the games..
Old 25th April 2007, 21:22   #127
Team-BHP Support

What annoys me big time is that TOI said that both the Swift and the Palio were not being driven by their owners. Driving someone else's car like a jackass is a bigger crime than driving your own car like that. GTO, Stratos, Drifter, Nitroxx, F50, aah78 and a few more BHPians have driven my car. No one has has crossed his limits. When one drives someone else's car, he has to be even more careful.
Old 25th April 2007, 21:26   #128
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
What annoys me big time is that TOI said that both the Swift and the Palio were not being driven by their owners. Driving someone else's car like a jackass is a bigger crime than driving your own car like that.
Giving your car to somebody who drives like a jackass is equally irresponsible. If the owner(s) had been firm and denied these kids their underage driving, so much agony could have been avoided.
Old 25th April 2007, 21:28   #129
Senior - BHPian

They had their licence..they are 18+.Stop calling them kids.
Old 25th April 2007, 21:48   #130
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
They had their licences, they are 18+. Stop calling them kids.
Doesn't matter what I call them. They were 18 and 20, and had licenses, but what they did was underage driving. Why would the car owners hand over their cars to them at 3-00AM? Must be peer pressure. This is what one must resist. Every parent who buys his son a car has a duty to first ensure that his son can drive responsibly, and secondly to ensure that his son doesn't give his car to friends; at least not without the father's permission. I know this is difficult to enforce, though.

Last edited by rks : 25th April 2007 at 21:52.
Old 25th April 2007, 22:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

More info on the Swift

The Swift is indeed from my area and I have often seen it being driven with blaring music inside the township by the owner of the car i.e. the deceased boy. This Swift has been very infamous in my area for speeding and then doing 180 handbrake turns in the complex roads itself which is insanely dangerous. Another thing is that boy was 17 years old. The ICE in his car itself was worth 2.5 lakh rupees. Whenever I have seen this Swift it had 3 guys in it which I assume are the same at the time of this accident.

BTW just got news that the Swift driver is out on bail at the moment.
Old 25th April 2007, 22:16   #132
Senior - BHPian

Signal turn off = flashing red..which means stop and go. Am I right or wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My father in law lives very close to where that accident occured. I have driven that strech many times and sometimes at night (11pm ish). That junction is vulnerable and hence even if I have a green light I slow down (to about 40) just as a precaution.
If the authorities knew it was an accident spot, they should have done something about it, like put a speed breaker (I know how much we hate them, but it could have saved these lives here)

Was there alcohol involved?
Old 25th April 2007, 22:24   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Signal turn off = flashing red..which means stop and go. Am I right or wrong?
signal turn off = everything off. theres no flashing amber. only a few really main signals have the flashing amber.

Even if the signals are on no one follows them at night beyond 10:30pm. no rules after 11pm. one way roads are made 2 ways.

Even in the morning on the way to work I have been abused for stopping for a red light at 7am. there was one case in which a call center sumo guy actually tapped me and went off. I gave chase only to be abused. luckily only bumper was hit so no damage. gave him a mouth ful of expletives and left. the problem of staying and fighting was that these guys gang up.
Old 25th April 2007, 22:34   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Was there alcohol involved?
I wouldnt be too surprised if there was
Old 25th April 2007, 23:23   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
More info on the Swift

The Swift is indeed from my area and I have often seen it being driven with blaring music inside the township by the owner of the car i.e. the deceased boy. This Swift has been very infamous in my area for speeding and then doing 180 handbrake turns in the complex roads itself which is insanely dangerous. Another thing is that boy was 17 years old. The ICE in his car itself was worth 2.5 lakh rupees. Whenever I have seen this Swift it had 3 guys in it which I assume are the same at the time of this accident.

BTW just got news that the Swift driver is out on bail at the moment.
Rich spoilt brats. They must have indeed been racing. If tempo hit Swift on the left, it does suggest drivers never slowed down at the intersection. Life is so dearth cheap. The one who was not involved got killed. The one who was is out on bail. Life's like that !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks