Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 22:17   #1
OSH
BHPian

IKEA Navi Mumbai store set to open in December 2020

Source : IKEA website
Quote:
IKEA (part of the Ingka Group), the Swedish brand and the world’s leading home furnishings retailer has announced it will open the doors to its Navi Mumbai store on December 18, 2020.

IKEA wants to create a better everyday life for the many people with big dreams and thin wallets. The home is the most important place in the world and IKEA’s unique and affordable range is created to improve the life at home. The 5 lakh+ sq. ft IKEA store will inspire people with more than 7000 well-designed, affordable, good quality and sustainable home furnishing products along with ideas and inspirations for every home. It is located on the Thane-Belapur Road, approximately 600 mts from the Turbhe Station.
From their Facebook page;
Quote:
Hej Mumbai, we're ready to meet you from 18th Dec! But, safety first.
In order to ensure a safe shopping experience for our customers and co-workers, we will welcome visitors with pre-booked slots through online registrations. Stay tuned to our page and website for more information.
Store address from google;
Quote:
Plot 15, 15 A, 15 B, 15 C Village Turbhe and Pawana TTC Industrial area, Thane - Belapur Rd, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400703
OSH is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 09:13   #2
BHPian

re: IKEA Navi Mumbai store set to open in December 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Source : IKEA website

From their Facebook page;

Store address from google;
I and my family were really waiting for this since a really long time. Having used IKEA furniture over the years abroad, we were excited when we heard about the store opening here. Everyone must check it out for cheap VFM furniture of good quality.

They have a physical store in HYD which was too crowded. (in last December, but according to dad’s Hyderabad friends, it always is.)

We were about to shop on their online store from Mumbai also while renovating our apartment, but then realised that most of their cheap furniture is made of particle board, which may cause cancer and given India’s conditions doesn’t last long.
EightSix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 09:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing.

I have purchased many things from Ikea UK stores during my stay in UK.
However I am sure of one thing. When the store opens here in Navi Mumbai, people will start complaining of Chinese products and all.
Old 5th December 2020, 09:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

IKEA is 'use and throw' furniture and will compound our City woes I feel. Anyways, it's great excitement when a large format store opens. Wishing the very best
Old 5th December 2020, 10:00   #5
BHPian

Most of the Ikea furnitures are made of MDF and not plywood. 5-7 years is the max you can expect. So buy accordingly. After that the cupboards and tables would sag.

However their appliances are top class. Can cutters, plates etc are way better than even corelle or LaOpalla at a fraction of the price.

If you live on rent, Ikea is a great option. It costs 3k a month just to rent a table, a desk and a single bed in Mumbai. You can buy all these combined for less than 10k on Ikea without bothering about haggling etc. Also, the local Indian brands also use MDF in the cheaper furniture.

If you are building a home in a place you own, Ikea may not be the best option for durability.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th December 2020 at 10:29. Reason: Typo
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 10:31   #6
OSH
BHPian

Apart from the VFM pricing, I also like how easy their furniture is to assemble/disassemble. Any person who knows how to use basic tools will be able to do so very quickly and with minimum efforts.

Seeing IKEA's success, maybe stores like Walmart, Home depot, Dollar store etc will also open in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
They have a physical store in HYD which was too crowded. (in last December, but according to dad’s Hyderabad friends, it always is.)
I hope that the food-court is kept a little seperate from the actual shopping area, otherwise people who come there just to eat will unnecessarily crowd the shopping area.

Not to mention, enough provisions to park our cars safely should be in place.

Last edited by OSH : 5th December 2020 at 10:36.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 11:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: IKEA Navi Mumbai store set to open in December 2020

This one is very close to my home. Will pay them a visit once the initial hype dies down. While they might not make the best furniture out there, their products surely offer terrific value for money.

That said, expect traffic jams on the already busy Thane-Belapur road especially on the weekends.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks