Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 09:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swiggy Genie: Pickup & drop service for anything!

In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, food delivery provider Swiggy has launched ''Swiggy Genie" - a pick-up and drop service. The app allows users to pickup not only products from any store that they want, but also from homes / offices if you have forgotten something or need to collect small things like parcels, lunch boxes, assignments etc.

Swiggy executives will go to the pickup point and collect what you want and bring it to your location. A service charge based on the distance between the pickup and drop points will be levied.

Swiggy Genie: Pickup & drop service for anything!-swiggygenie.jpg
Image Source

Anyone who has used this service, please share your experience. I have used WeFast for some parcels in Mumbai, but would love to try out Swiggy next time.

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2020 at 14:01.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:15   #2
BHPian

Have been using Dunzo since long time. Used it to drop/pickup laptops chargers, mobile chargers, monitor, small household items and so on. Absolutely no reason to complain. They even deliver groceries,fruits and vegetables from nearby stores.

Will try out swiggy and see how good they are.
akhil_007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swiggy Genie: Pickup & drop service for anything!

I have used Swiggy Genie multiple times and just looking at my order history the first time I used it was in Sept 2019.

I have not faced any issues and the pricing in Bangalore has been reasonable.
The main items I have transported using Swiggy Genie are small items such as Documents and small household items. I have always ensured the item is packed completely before handing it over to the Genie Delivery Person.

My experience so far has been positive and it has saved me lot of time in terms of Bangalore traffic, If I were to go myself.
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

I had been using Swiggy Genie for most of the lock down to get stuff picked up (Bread, Sweets, medicine etc.), since Dunzo was not working for my location in Chennai. It is quite similar to Dunzo in the way they operate.

I used them in the core lockdown period (Apr, May) so they delivered groceries, any food items and medicines from any store. They were good and prompt. The only negative, if you can call it that, is that you cannot schedule pick up/delivery at a later point of time.
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 14:05   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Recently started using them and am hooked on to the service! I needed some medicines picked up today from a doctor 4 km away. Swiggy was there at the doctor's in 15 minutes & my place in another 20. Cost was 90 bucks which is honestly dirt cheap. Saves time & money for me.

Swiggy Genie: Pickup & drop service for anything!-20201014-14.02.13.jpg

I am also going to use them for food delivery from restaurants that don't cover my area .
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks