Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 10:47   #31
BHPian

Re: The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
I'm looking for a thinner one so that it fits inside the cubby hole nearer to the gear shift. Currently the thinner cool drinks cans only fit there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
... , but it does fit perfectly into almost any cupholder.
I have a question for you. I have been on the fence for getting this cup. (I have too many things for coffee that getting an another thing more will bring down the wrath of the supreme agency down on me).

What I wonder is how thin this is? From the pics it seems it is thinner. But I assume may be its because it's tall. I want to keep it in the cubby holes near to my hand as opposed to the cup holder which is in a less than ideal position. See for yourselves.

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-img_20200930_13593901.jpeg

My elbow always hits the current cup on gear shifts. Only the thinner pepsi cans fit in the cubby holes near to the handbrake. Do you think the insta cuppa ones will fit there?
Also I wonder the tall ones may cause further inconvenience being in the way.
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:39   #32

Been using the Quechua Insulated flask for the past 4 years; picked up at Decathlon Zirakpur while driving back to Delhi from the Himalayas. They had only one piece left in stock i.e. the demo model but my father liked it so much, he bought that one piece without a second thought. The best part is that on the same roadtrip, we stopped at a Costa Coffee near Ambala and the barista there too liked the flask and gave us almost two portions of espresso even though we had paid for one and said "Bahut badiya cheez hai yeh, saar" while handing the flask back after filling it with coffee to the brim.

In November 2019 on a trip to Hyderabad, I picked up an Insulated Travel Mug from Ikea and since then it has been the go-to flask for the roadtrip, especially for the driver due to it's one-handed usability.

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-img_8615.jpg
L: Ikea Insulated Travel Mug
R: Decathlon-Quechua Insulated flask

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-img_8617.jpg

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-img_8620.jpg

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-img_8626.jpg

Although the Decathlon flask has a splash guard, the Ikea one trumps it by having a push button and a narrower opening which is very handy if you're driving alone and don't have someone to assist you with opening the lid.

Here's to cars and coffee!
Cheers.
MoTo_meister is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 11:50   #33
BHPian

Just the thread that i am looking for now. Being a coffee lover (addicted in one way) and i just love the road trips with a hot coffee to sip while driving.

Here is my driving collection:
Attachment 2059805

Nice collection

After Baloo (2020 Nexon XZA+) came to my home, i got into a tough situation as its coffee cup holders in the central console are super tiny and deep. None of the take out coffee mugs/cups, from any of the chains i am used to, fit in there. I never used a re-usable one earlier and often stops-by any of these famous outlets to collect my coffee.

I am now searching for some re-usable travel cup that fits into Nexon's central console. Looking for suggestions from my fellow BHP'ans

thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 07:51   #34
BHPian

Hi All, please go through this link, if you happen to purchase a Yeti Rambler this year.
https://www.consumerreports.org/reca...el-mug-recall/
Old 8th December 2020, 14:57   #35
BHPian

Nice collection by BHPians !

I absolutely love mine from InstaCuppa. Keeps coffee warm for 5 to 6 hours.

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-img_e51621.jpg
gloriole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 19:52   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is anyone else particular about coffee mugs? I can't start my early morning highway drives without hot black coffee in my mug (and some good music, of course). Show your mugs here!
I always took coffee from some outlet in those disposable covered cups till I came across this thread. Forgot to mention before but thanks for the heads up GTO. Been using Instacuppa ever since and I can’t be more content. Highway drives are so much better these days

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-f75f3e9170c84278b5e7e4eeb4d1671e.jpeg
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 22:27   #37
BHPian

Landed on this thread from a recent thread asking for beverage preference during drives.

Decent holding capacity of the cup. SS 304 steel. And comfortable feel to hold. It’s bit wide though. Bought at Amazon. ZOKIXTO

The matching colour with Altroz ambience is purely coincidental.
Attached Thumbnails
The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-img_3270.jpeg  

rd18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 10:12   #38
Team-BHP Support

MILTON : Complete loss of trust

I bought this Coffee Mug from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0BYSWWLWG/

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-c0.jpg

For a couple of days it worked really well and I enjoyed having my hot black coffee or green tea on the go.

Then sometime last week, I filled it with hot green tea. Since it was green tea, it was not exactly boiling hot water as that would damage the delicate leaves.

I closed the flask and kept it on my dining table.

As I was leaving for office, I picked it up and the flask literally exploded.
The lid flew up and the cap that covers it was completely wrecked. The hinges that hold it in place have gotten ripped off.

The pics are clear that there is no other damage whatsoever.

Raised a complaint on Milton (Ticket Number #619282) but no response even after 10 days.

Complete trust in this company is gone now.

I am very lucky the water did not end up causing severe burns on any one in my home. Just a few drops had landed on my palm and a lil burnol took care of it.
The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-c1.jpg

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-c2.jpg

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-c3.jpg

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-c4.jpg
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:06   #39
Team-BHP Support

InstaCuppa travel mug with the click-to-open lid and removable infuser basket. I never drink from an open container at my work desk (it's a matter of when, not if, you'll spill your drink and the gadgets go poof!), so it's my go-to work and travel drink container. My trusty Morphy Richards kettle looks on, it'll be voting age in a couple years!

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-pxl_20240215_051754725.jpg

Makes for convenient one-handed use (even compared to button-operated flip tops), and the infuser basket means the world's your oyster when it comes to flavouring your drink. Loose leaf tea, lemon, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, star anise, pretty much any of the lovely aromatic spices in your kitchen cabinet.

Tea Trove have some fantastic loose leaf flavors, available in easy to carry zip-lock bags. My current favorite: Spearmint.

The best coffee mugs for drivers! Show your mugs here-pxl_20240215_052726943.jpg

P.S. Shout out to InstaCuppa for fantastic customer service. My current mug developed a leak at the lid gasket after nearly a year of use. I reached out to ask if I can buy replacement parts. They asked me for a short video of the leaking part, and sent me a replacement lid, no charge! That's how you ensure a return customer for life.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th February 2024 at 11:08.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks