Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 17:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My goodness, what a find! Thank you so much . Ketofy is awesome. I'm adding it to the opening post and my sister went ahead to place a big order with them.
Just be careful about the total carbs, you might get misguided:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Raw veggies may be 5% carbs but that is because of humongous water content.

However, for making flour the veggies are dried out. That means the carb content would easily be 50% or higher, similar to the cereals and pulses which are also dried food.

EDIT: Ah well, found it: https://urbanplatter.in/product/urba...BoCLRoQAvD_BwE
21 g carbs in 30 g of flour. That makes it 70%

Beware, there is always lot of money to be made by using buzzwords.

I would prefer eating regular wheat or rice if I wish to ingest 70% carbs. Taste wise as well as pocket friendly.

Last edited by alpha1 : 29th June 2020 at 17:44.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 19:43   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Found this terrific place while searching for a low carb meal - Earth Cafe!

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-untitled.jpg
Old 10th July 2020, 13:45   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My low-carb nachos are on the left, while my brother's unhealthier regular chips are on the right. Believe me when I say this, the Ketofy nachos are 80% as good as the chips. I'm cool with the taste : health tradeoff.

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-20200710-11.17.58.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2020 at 16:47.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 11:51   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The options just keep rolling in

Bombay Bizare Baker - 9820006440

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200710-20.04.02-1.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200710-20.04.02.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200710-20.04.03.jpeg

The Protein Secret Bakery - 9819328007

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200711-12.13.26.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200711-12.13.27-1.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200711-12.13.27-2.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200711-12.13.27-3.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200711-12.13.27.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200711-12.13.28-1.jpeg

Keto snacks, meals & restaurants in India (including low-carb stuff)-whatsapp-image-20200711-12.13.28.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 13th July 2020 at 19:59.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 13:49   #35
Team-BHP Support

Wife is a follower of LCHF & occasional Keto. She ordered this and quite liked most of it. Rs 350 for 8 samplers is quite a good deal.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 19:52   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Swiggy Health Hub for low carb / keto fans

Quote:
Swiggy on Friday launched a dedicated healthy food discovery feature with curated health menus and dishes by select restaurants on its main app.

Currently available in Bengaluru, the ‘Health Hub’ feature with over 10,000 unique healthy dishes by over 1,000 restaurant outlets will have detailed nutritional information on macro-nutrients like protein, carbs and fats etc for dishes, the company said in a statement.

“With ‘Health Hub’, we want to boost healthy eating patterns across the country and dismiss commonly held beliefs that healthy food is bland, hard to find and expensive,” said Vivek Sunder, COO, Swiggy.

Swiggy aims to the trend of ordering healthy dishes to grow and more than double over the next six months.
Full Article
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 14:08   #37
Team-BHP Support

Re: Keto Tiffin in Mumbai

Guys. I am looking at starting a 2 meal tiffin service (lunch and dinner) of a keto meal in Mumbai for a period of about 4 weeks.

Following this I may want a further 4 weeks of LCHF 2 meal tiffin.

I have found Food Darzee and Activeat online.

1. Any other reputed tiffin services I should consider

2. Can anyone recommend which of the above two might be better or any third option that might be ideal?

Any recommendations or advise would be very welcome. This is my first attempt at Keto.

Thank you.
Old 10th August 2020, 12:14   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Guys. I am looking at starting a 2 meal tiffin service (lunch and dinner) of a keto meal in Mumbai for a period of about 4 weeks.
Personal suggestion = for daily meals, cook at home. Healthier, simpler, cheaper .

If you still want a tiffin service, check out 3sqrmeals (over and above ActivEat). I have ordered some dishes from 3sqrmeals via Zomato and they were awesome.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 12:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Personal suggestion = for daily meals, cook at home. Healthier, simpler, cheaper .
+1. Home cooked meals will be more reliable in case of keto. You have full control over ingredients (read: carbs), you never know what you are getting in a tiffin.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 15:18   #40
Team-BHP Support

If anyone can recommend a monthly keto dabba service around Balewadi in Pune can you please post details. I am going to be moving there for a month or so and really don't have much help etc to do bespoke cooking.

Thank you.
Old 3rd September 2020, 15:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If anyone can recommend a monthly keto dabba service around Balewadi in Pune can you please post details. I am going to be moving there for a month or so and really don't have much help etc to do bespoke cooking.

Thank you.
A few weeks back I'd seen a FB page called "The Lean Life". Maybe you could check with them if they supply a daily Keto dabba (disclaimer: no affiliation with them, or personal experience either).

Another option is a FB group called Pune Eat Outs. It has a lot of traffic, and the odds are high that you'll find someone from Balewadi/Baner/Aundh area that can provide a customised daily Keto dabba to you.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 3rd September 2020 at 15:31.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 21:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you.
I use a service called Food Darzee and have used another service in the past called 'The Kilo Beaters'

They are both very good .
gautamkhadse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 13:04   #43
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac View Post
But if you must include a sweetener, you can use monk fruit extract that has the least side effects among the sweeteners in market. (Stevia is known to induce craving for sugar). It comes in all forms.
Guys, are any of these keto sweeteners available in India ? Erythritol, Xylitol, Stevia, Monk fruit ? Any others that are keto safe ?

Also, if anyone makes keto desserts at home (in India) what is your go to sweetener that's keto safe and easily available?
Old 9th September 2022, 13:49   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Guys, are any of these keto sweeteners available in India ? Erythritol, Xylitol, Stevia, Monk fruit ? Any others that are keto safe ?

Also, if anyone makes keto desserts at home (in India) what is your go to sweetener that's keto safe and easily available?
All available on Amazon.

Erythritol is safe for the gut, excess can cause mild irritation and a runny tummy. I use Erythritol almost exclusively now (ice cream, barfis). I buy: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stevia has early studies saying that it affects functioning of the gut bacteria and hence I have stopped having anything that contains Stevia - and most so called keto foods have stevia!

Monk fruit sweeteners are great but expensive and not made in India. The Lakanto brand which is what comes up on Amazon, also includes Erythritol in the monk fruit sweetener.

Xylitol hardens the food it is used in very quickly - probably best used for things like hard candy. I havent found much use for it for the soft desserts I like and hence not in my kitchen.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 20:39   #45
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

One more question, this time on cream and whipping cream - the brands commonly available in our supermarkets and online are Amul, Mother Dairy and D'lecta and all of these are in fact low fat with 25% or less fat (Amul whipping cream is 30%).

Are there any heavy creams available with > 30% fat ?

Last edited by NPV : 11th September 2022 at 20:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks