Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2020, 20:04   #1
BHPian

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids

There is nothing like an early influence in a child's life.

Talking about Cars, it is a known fact that WE NEVER GROW UP, OUR TOYS JUST KEEP GETTING BIGGER !!

I thought of sharing images from a pdf file which might interest everyone. Print, Colour, Preserve/ Pin Up on your cork board. The kids would also love to colour the images and carry out the activities :

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0001.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0002.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0003.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0004.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0005.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0006.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0007.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0008.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0009.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0010.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0011.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mustang-activity-book_page0012.jpg

The downloadable file is attached here :
Mustang Activity Book.pdf

As a matter of fact, this can be a competition during the lockdown (to start with) where everyone may participate and share the outcomes with fellow BHPians !! Will be fun

Other BHPians are also welcomed to share such or similar engaging stuff if available with them so that everyone may indulge in it and relive our best memories once again.

This thread is meant to share all engaging car related activities which start at an early age and goes on. It can be anything interesting !!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 22nd April 2020 at 20:05. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 06:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 08:39   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
This thread is meant to share all engaging car related activities which start at an early age and goes on. It can be anything interesting !!
True story = my best friend's son was born on a Sunday at about 5 PM. Once he was cleaned and brought back to the room, me & my friend starting watching F1 on the TV in the same room . Needless to say, he is 14 years old today and loves F1 .
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 13:51   #4
BHPian

Mazda paper craft and Merc's colouring sheets for kids and the kid in us

Are you bored looking at the numerous screens at home? Are you done with binge-watching all the series? Then here's something to take your mind and eyes off those stressing screens.

Mazda paper craft

Mazda has released paper craft data for all it's cars including classics like the Cosmo Sport and the R360 Coupe. They are divided into three levels of difficulty (high, medium and low).

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-mazdapapercraft.jpg

I first discovered this in the Mazda subreddit and saw many members posting beautiful models they made. Here's one of them for inspiration.

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-miatapapercraft.jpg

Mercedes-Benz colouring book

While searching for more resources like this I came across this Topgear article mentioning Mazda's paper craft and Merc's colouring book too!

Here are some images from their gallery.

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-merccolouringbookcolour.jpg

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-merccolouringbook.jpg

Here are the direct links. Have fun crafting and colouring with your kids and the kid within you Also do post them here.
rav11stars is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 01:39   #5
BHPian

Automotive Related Entertainment/Activities for Children

My son is 2.5 years old now and a real passionate Petrolhead! Now I have been trying my best to get him things like brochures, car models etc but I think I've hit a ceiling now because showrooms don't give out hard copy car brochures. As of now, I am reliant on YouTube and car magazines to meet his appetite and I did a quick search here to see solutions from fellow bhpians.

As I couldn't find any dedicated thread for children's entertainment with regards to cars, I made this one.

Looking forward to you responses, recommendations and suggestions! Cheers!

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th April 2024 at 07:11. Reason: Caps.
rupin_s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 07:10   #6
BANNED

Re: Automotive Related Entertainment/Activities for Children

Have you considered checking out car-themed books for kids? There are some great ones out there that blend fun stories with cool facts about cars. Also, virtual car tours could be a hit — some museums offer online tours of their car collections. And don't forget about car-themed toys and puzzles! They can be a hands-on way for him to explore his passion. Hope these suggestions help! Cheers!
EnigmaExplorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 11:06   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Paper craft from Nissan

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/STO...cars-made-fun/
Mr.Boss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 18:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaExplorer View Post
Have you considered checking out car-themed books for kids? There are some great ones out there that blend fun stories with cool facts about cars. Also, virtual car tours could be a hit — some museums offer online tours of their car collections. And don't forget about car-themed toys and puzzles! They can be a hands-on way for him to explore his passion. Hope these suggestions help! Cheers!
Hi Enigma! Yes I have and am looking for some quality stuff. So far, I have been finding some generic stuff, but my son has an eye for details. So I was trying to hone that as much as possible.
Oh yes, I have looked at car collection videos including those of die cast models and he loves them😊
Car themed puzzles is a good idea too.Will definitely check that out.

He is quite good in identifying cars by design cues (kidney grilles, headlight shape etc) which is quite good for his age and that's why I'm trying my best to catch up with him😁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Wow, This is awesome! This will be our activity for the weekend! 😃

Also, is there any way to get hard copy brochures. New or used? I am willing to buy if theres a store or so selling.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th April 2024 at 11:58.
rupin_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 18:42   #9
BHPian

My elder son at the age of 2 would point to the car and do "brrm brrm" which meant he wanted to go for a drive...

By 3 he had learnt how to identify colours and could say car..so his favourite was a brown car - a hyundai i20 active.

By 4 he could identify some brands albeit funnily...suzuki was zuzuzuki, volkswagen was holkswagen...

By 5 he started building lego sets (cars) for his age group.
At 5.5 years with assistance he is able to complete lego speed champions (dodge charger, aston martin DB5, toyota supra), wants the Nissan GTR - the lego set thankfully! and yes he can identify all of them and state their names confidently.

He will turn 6 in a few months and he wants to be a mechanic or a car cleaner depending on what suits his fancy.

The 3 pointed star is his favourite brand and I dread the day he would want me to buy one. Now only if I could divert his mind elsewhere.....
BlackBeard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 06:27   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupin_s View Post
Hi Enigma! Yes I have and am looking for some quality stuff. So far, I have been finding some generic stuff, but my son has an eye for details. So I was trying to hone that as much as possible.
Oh yes, I have looked at car collection videos including those of die cast models and he loves them😊
Car themed puzzles is a good idea too.Will definitely check that out.

He is quite good in identifying cars by design cues (kidney grilles, headlight shape etc) which is quite good for his age and that's why I'm trying my best to catch up with him😁
Sounds like you've got a young car enthusiast! For quality die-cast models, check out brands like Maisto or Bburago. Car-themed puzzles are a hit too. For further learning, consider books on car design or taking him to car shows. Keep nurturing his passion! 🚗😊
EnigmaExplorer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 22:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaExplorer View Post
Sounds like you've got a young car enthusiast! For quality die-cast models, check out brands like Maisto or Bburago. Car-themed puzzles are a hit too. For further learning, consider books on car design or taking him to car shows. Keep nurturing his passion! 🚗😊
Yes for sure! Oh you brought back memories of my own collection of Maisto Models that my father used to bring me from abroad. However, my son's a bit too young to maintain it the models( I had a trial with a partially damaged Alfa Romeo model and not it is totalled by him &#128517. So just waiting a bit for him to grow up to get him the real quality ones.

For car themed puzzles, do you mean jigsaws or flash cards or something else? I will look for both online and see what I can get. The challenge is getting brand based items instead of generic ones.

You can see why I'm trying my best to get branded stuff instead of generic from this video. He's just turned 2.5 in March and already knows all the major world car brands.

In this regard I also wonder if car companies in India could help in some sort. Atleast by sending hard copy brochures on demand( even with payment is ok)

Yes, am looking forward to the next Car show here!That will be his Disneyland 👍😊 Appre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
My elder son at the age of 2 would point to the car and do "brrm brrm" which meant he wanted to go for a drive...

By 3 he had learnt how to identify colours and could say car..so his favourite was a brown car - a hyundai i20 active.

By 4 he could identify some brands albeit funnily...suzuki was zuzuzuki, volkswagen was holkswagen...

By 5 he started building lego sets (cars) for his age group.
At 5.5 years with assistance he is able to complete lego speed champions (dodge charger, aston martin DB5, toyota supra), wants the Nissan GTR - the lego set thankfully! and yes he can identify all of them and state their names confidently.

He will turn 6 in a few months and he wants to be a mechanic or a car cleaner depending on what suits his fancy.

The 3 pointed star is his favourite brand and I dread the day he would want me to buy one. Now only if I could divert his mind elsewhere.....
Blackbeard, this looks like a timeline into the dream future for me! 😊 I can really feel your pride and happiness in raising a little petrohead. Lego sets are a great idea I will probably introduce slowly once he turns 3.

Ha, I guess all of here sincerely wanted to be a driver or mechanic when we grew up, right?😁 And boy you better start saving up if he's determined towards getting a merc (Just kidding&#128513.

Thanks for the inputs , I really appreciate Enigma and Blackbeard for sharing your experiences.
rupin_s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 07:03   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Yes for sure! Oh you brought back memories of my own collection of Maisto Models that my father used to bring me from abroad. However, my son's a bit too young to maintain it the models( I had a trial with a partially damaged Alfa Romeo model and not it is totalled by him &#128517. So just waiting a bit for him to grow up to get him the real quality ones.

For car themed puzzles, do you mean jigsaws or flash cards or something else? I will look for both online and see what I can get. The challenge is getting brand based items instead of generic ones.

You can see why I'm trying my best to get branded stuff instead of generic from this video. He's just turned 2.5 in March and already knows all the major world car brands.

https://Youtu.be/6HIFn6IiwNg?si=9d0Ex04eboLBiSy7

In this regard I also wonder if car companies in India could help in some sort. Atleast by sending hard copy brochures on demand( even with payment is ok)

Yes, am looking forward to the next Car show here!That will be his Disneyland 👍😊 Appre
You could look at Ravensburger or Eurographics for puzzles about cars; they usually make good-quality ones that show different kinds of car models. For the flashcards, maybe look for educational companies focused on vehicles. A car show as his Disneyland? That sounds like a blast! Keep fostering that love for cars!
EnigmaExplorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 16:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
So just waiting a bit for him to grow up to get him the real quality ones.

Blackbeard, this looks like a timeline into the dream future for me! 😊 I can really feel your pride and happiness in raising a little petrohead. Lego sets are a great idea I will probably introduce slowly once he turns 3.

Thanks for the inputs , I really appreciate Enigma and Blackbeard for sharing your experiences.
You're welcome. Your son is also headed in that direction...

Majorette & SIKU (1:64 scale) are also good brands for toy cars, very reasonably priced & reasonable detailing. I am not too impressed with hot wheels in India.

Lego sets in India are expensive but there are good deals offered by Amazon from time to time!
Old 18th April 2024, 11:18   #14
BHPian

I purchased the car book from DK publication a few years ago in pandemic from Amazon and its been the best thing ever, full of images, information, history, evolution.

Attaching a few images from Amazon since I am posting this from office. Great buy, must have!
Attached Thumbnails
Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-img_20240418_111648.jpg  

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-img_20240418_111634.jpg  

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-img_20240418_111623.jpg  

Sowing the seeds early : Automotive activities for kids-img_20240418_111608.jpg  

indie_honda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 14:01   #15
BHPian

My daughter is turning 11. I introduced her to Legos first when she was 6. Primary aim was to improve her hand-eye co-ordination. I had option of starting with some cute Barbie set. But I chose to go with Lego Creator 3 in 1 set of automobiles. My daughter loved it.

We gradually increased the complexity to Technic. Initially she needed help. Over the period of time, she started building on her own. Our last set was a crane set with more than 1400 pieces. So far we have 7-8 Lego set. It took more than 10 hours. But we were completely satisfied post build. Only down side of Lego is cost. As you go for bigger sets, it will burn your pocket.

I personally feel, hands-on activity like Lego is always helpful to nurture interest in automobiles than giving readymade cars like Hotwheels.

As of today, I feel that my daughter is turning into petrol head. Our previous car was S-Cross. She really become emotional when we had to part ways. Today, if she spots S-Cross on road, she never misses to show me that car. Its her way to say, why we let S-Cross go.

Apart from S-Cross, her favorite is Porsche & Aston Martin. She saw them in Dubai and just couldn't stop talking about them every time she saw it.
VaibhaoT is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks