Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2024, 09:44   #7321
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
but I'd received an obviously used one! So I asked for a replacement, clearly specifying the reason.

To my surprise, the replacement too was clearly used!
Looking at the scratch marks on the image it appears to have come from a shoddy polishing job. The marks are kind of concentric suggesting whatever made the mark was spring around a fixed axis. Marks from a scrubber would have made spiral or uneven marks.
d.w.w. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 09:39   #7322
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
Looking at the scratch marks on the image it appears to have come from a shoddy polishing job. The marks are kind of concentric suggesting whatever made the mark was spring around a fixed axis. Marks from a scrubber would have made spiral or uneven marks.

Just a few remarks:

1. How would you then explain the clear scuff marks on top right of the image I had shared earlier?!

2. The concentric marks have an apparent 'axis' which is off-centre with the casserole body! How do you think an automated polishing machine could be set up to achieve such marks ?!

3. I have now uploaded an image of scratch marks inside the first unit I had received (and then returned for replacement). The suggested automated polishing machine axis would have to be located outside the casserole body to create such marks! How do you propose to set up a machine to achieve such marks ?!

The only way I think such marks could have been created was through one-off manual efforts to clean up something before returning the items for refund.

4. I have also uploaded an image showing clear scuff marks and just one of multiple dents outside the first Casserole.

I have a whole bunch of incriminating photos showing evidences of scrubbing marks, scuff marks and dents both inside and outside both the casseroles. I think Amazon have been smart to just accept my words and refund my money.
Attached Images

meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks