Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 16:37   #7276
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Restaurants need to pay commission to Swiggy/Zomato. So they hike the prices on the menu to offset that. Then delivery partner fee, delivery distance charge, rain charge, packing fee, platform fee, tip, gst adding on, it gets pretty expensive.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 23:54   #7277
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazon delivery is going down the pan.

Twice in the last couple of weeks I have had "out-for-delvery" items suddenly become "running late blah blah blah" items. Stuff that was offered as next-day, or even same-day delivery. And it is not like it just slips to the following day: that I wouldn't mind. The tracking seems to freeze and it just gets lost for two or three days. Maybe they do loose it.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 12:39   #7278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Restaurants need to pay commission to Swiggy/Zomato. So they hike the prices on the menu to offset that. Then delivery partner fee, delivery distance charge, rain charge, packing fee, platform fee, tip, gst adding on, it gets pretty expensive.
Will it cause any tax evasion (don't know whether GST is applicable on commission) since food is taxed at 5% or is it correct shifting the tax burden to customer on the commission value (may be yes). I think restaurants will claim the overall order GST value as Input tax credit.

I am absolutely okay with commission as it gives me convenience to order food and it is the price to pay. But if a clear and transparent invoice is provided, it will be good.
Old 3rd August 2024, 17:41   #7279
Senior - BHPian

The fake footware websites

What's with Google results displaying fake websites as the top results when searching for shoe brands?

I was looking for Vans shoes and the first result is https://www.vansstoreinindia.com/
The webpage looks deceptively real but it is not. Since I had prior experience with the fake Hush Puppies India site, I did some digging around and realized even this is fake.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 10:45   #7280
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The fake footware websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What's with Google results displaying fake websites as the top results when searching for shoe brands?

I was looking for Vans shoes and the first result is https://www.vansstoreinindia.com/
The webpage looks deceptively real but it is not. Since I had prior experience with the fake Hush Puppies India site, I did some digging around and realized even this is fake.
A good antivirus is a must these days. Kaspersky does not even allow me to visit the website without me okaying the dangers posed by visiting it and even after okaying it, it still blocks me saying DANGER!!
Old 4th August 2024, 10:51   #7281
BHPian

I have stopped buying from Amazon and similar portals. I prefer visiting the mall, local stores seeing items, talking to people, eating out. I enjoy the entire shopping experience. Now a days we also have the option of click and collect, which is the next best thing for me.

For shoes and stuff, I try to find similar design in stores. Call me old school, but I enjoy window shopping, walking in and out of stores.
Mr.Ogre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 20:35   #7282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ogre View Post
I have stopped buying from Amazon and similar portals. I prefer visiting the mall, local stores seeing items, talking to people, eating out. I enjoy the entire shopping experience. Now a days we also have the option of click and collect, which is the next best thing for me.

For shoes and stuff, I try to find similar design in stores. Call me old school, but I enjoy window shopping, walking in and out of stores.
Same here. My family realized that except for dining in person over the weekend, everything else was happening online. We have reversed some of it. We take a day off every 20 days and do our shopping on a weekday when crowds are thin and sellers are willing to give you attention. We have also begun going a step further by trying small vendors - in essence avoiding established brands altogether. So far we have really enjoyed it. The personal touch of small vendors is very different - they aren't money minded, they put their cards in front of you and let you choose.
vinu_h is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks