Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Which website is this?
As someone has already mentioned above, it was on eBay.in
Old 7th August 2013, 21:45   #662
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I am still wondering - are these stores for real, or are they dummy fronts that are messing around with automated scripts and no real actual operation? At least Flipkart, Crossword etc. have people who answer phones when one calls. With unknown stores, I might risk my CC data - doesn't matter if they are 20% cheaper than the next guy.
I stick to the sellers that kbooksearch lists.
Here's an example: http://www.kbooksearch.com/results.j...ender%27s+game

The developer of this website is a voracious reader himself and I trust his selection of online stores.

screenshot in case the above link expires:
Attached Images

Old 7th August 2013, 22:57   #663
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of posting this since some time about my experience last month.

1. Shopclues.com
Placed the order and made online payment. After waiting for 5-6 days and seeing my order status got stuck at 'contacting seller for item', I called up their CC, I was told to wait for 3 days. After 3-4 days email came that product is not available anywhere (Flip Clock). They sent the refund after 7-10 days (as per their T&C).

2. ebay.in
Ordered ORIGINAL (Highlighted by seller in all CAPS) Battery for BlackBerry at a mouthwatering price. I placed the order on Thursday, item was shipped on Friday and on Saturday it was in my hand. I was expecting this kind of service from ebay as I personally feel items related to mobile etc. must be delivered quickly. But my happiness was short lived when I found out that the battery is DEAD.
I waited till Monday then took the mobile to BB CC and was told that battery is dead. When contacted the dealer, he immediately accepted the fault and promised to send a free replacement without me returning it. He explained that its not possible to check each and every battery before sending and there are some complaints in this lot. He will send me a replacement from the best lot, etc. Then he changed his mind and told me to send the defective one back. In all this, around 10-15 days were wasted and I had to live without my BlackBerry. I finally got a replacement and I am happy. But I will NEVER buy anything required urgently by me online.

3. Flipkart.com
Have done shopping 3-4 times in last 6 months and experience was very good every time. Last month (after shopclues and ebay experience) I bought some T-Shirts from their sale and placed order at 2 AM on Saturday-Sunday night, I got the delivery on Monday and the pricing was great. So again happy experience.

But I will NEVER buy anything required by me on urgent basis even from Flipkart.

Last edited by carwatcher : 7th August 2013 at 22:59.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:56   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who want to shop online, contact the support with any questions before you buy. If possible, ask the seller, using the "ask the seller" option.

I have been looking for a Sony phone, and found it in a couple of places. Had doubt reg the warranty, so I asked about it to both Snapdeal support & and the seller on another portal. Snapdeal said their item carries Sony warranty. The other seller said no Sony warranty. This has helped me who to eliminate, though I need to still decide if I want to buy the one from Snapdeal.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:10   #665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Has anyone used Flipkart off late? I placed an order on Saturday and I got a message today that it has been shipped and should be delievered in another 2-3 days!
Off lately Flip kart has gone from good to bad . I ordered a Note 1 on 2nd aug and they cancelled order Yesterday .

Reason - not available & it was showing as available on their site for good 4 days after i placed order . To me it appears that they are going timtara way, collect orders first and then look for cheap deals in market to save money or maybe meet few operational expenses with people's money.

My question - when not available why place it online for ordering itself & customer care guy was busy making me understand difference between " available" and " In stock " instead of telling me actual reason.

Verdict : - They are good at selling books and perhaps should stay at books only

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 8th August 2013 at 11:12.
Old 8th August 2013, 21:06   #666
BHPian

Just ordered an S3 for 24k from eBay's flash deals. The S4 is available for 32k if anyone is interested.
Old 9th August 2013, 15:43   #667
Senior - BHPian

Tried the 'try and buy' from yebhi.com for the first time - Ordered a pair of Clark shoes. The process was hassle free. Placed the order on Tuesday afternoon, got the item few hours back. The delivery person called up to make sure of my availability and Yebhi sent an automated sms with the mobile number of delivery person.

I have ordered couple more items from them, now waiting for the delivery.

While searching for bedsheets, I came across the e-store of Bombay Dyeing. The price is lesser than other online stores, but the collection is less. I placed an order on Wednesday night for a pair of bed sheets, COD – got a call yesterday afternoon to confirm the order and they said I can expect the delivery by 12-13.

I want to buy a Lincoln Stain Wax Shoe Polish or Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Shoe Polish from US (it is not available in any online stores in India). The item costs less than 20$. Which is the most trusted and economical way to ship this to India? Fast delivery is not a priority, I am ready to wait for 1 month to get the item delivered.

Last edited by theexperthand : 9th August 2013 at 15:49.
Old 9th August 2013, 16:40   #668
Senior - BHPian

ebay global?
http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewIt...ISH-1-TIN-BLK-
Old 9th August 2013, 19:16   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Verdict : - They are good at selling books and perhaps should stay at books only
Not exactly, my friend. I have had very bad experiences while purchasing books from Flipkart in the recent past. They used to cancel my order without notifying me and they never revealed the reason as to why they cancelled my order despite me sending them several mails. (All they did was to say sorry every time I mailed them). They took almost a month to transfer the amount I paid, back to my account.

Now I buy books from Amazon.in or opt for cash on delivery on Flipkart (only if the book is not available or price is significantly higher on Amazon.in)
Old 9th August 2013, 19:41   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

I want to buy a Lincoln Stain Wax Shoe Polish or Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Shoe Polish from US (it is not available in any online stores in India). The item costs less than 20$. Which is the most trusted and economical way to ship this to India? Fast delivery is not a priority, I am ready to wait for 1 month to get the item delivered.
Check this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Stai...item2a23253f3b
Old 9th August 2013, 22:43   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Thanks, but the price is almost double of what I have to pay if I buy it from ebay.com and opt for international shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Thanks, but I considered the ebay international shipping and thought it is not worth paying double the price of product for shipping (the price of the item is 5.2 $, while shipping is 12.15 $).
Old 10th August 2013, 10:13   #672
Senior - BHPian

Maybe OT but can you please tell me what is special about this polish?
Old 10th August 2013, 13:07   #673
BANNED

Anyone purchased from http://www.cri.net.in/ ?

Any reviews ?
Old 11th August 2013, 11:28   #674
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I was surprised to hear anything bad about BB. They have been excellent so far. I am a fan of these guys. Brilliant packaging. They deliver on time and its a breeze to search their website.

Yes, some of the items are a bit expensive that normal hypermarkets but the ease of getting everything at home is simply too much for me.

P.S. Note: I agree with you.
No problems so far. Yes, at odd times you may get an out of stock message for a product but that does not deter me from ordering almost every 10 days.
I have been ordering from bigbasket for almost 8 months or so now. Mostly, it's been a decent experience. However I recently decided to try out localbanya.

Here is a comparison
- Bigbasket's website is much better
- Bigbasket has a slightly bigger range of stuff.
- LocalBanya's vegetables are far far superior to Bigbasket
- Bigbasket's fruits aren't good at all. Not tried localbanya fruits yet.
- Localbanya has a minimum of 500 for free delivery while Bigbasket's limit is 1000 (under 1000, they charge 25Rs for delivery).

Overall both are good but I may end up using Localbanya more because of the Rs.500 minimum and the fact that the vegetables are much better. Bigbasket's vegetables were good earlier, but since the rains started, it's not been good at all. I don't if it has anything to do with the rains or may be they changed the supplier recently.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:25   #675
Senior - BHPian

I got an order from Snapdeal delivered in 6 days. Time taken was long, but the product was of good quality. I had ordered a Skoda Rapid door scuff plate(non-led) and ABRO new car fragrance mist spray. Both delivered from different locations in ship shape.

I would still like to order more from Snapdeal before giving it my stamp of approval. So far so good!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks