Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 16:25   #5656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar101 View Post
I want to buy a Nvida GTX 1060 Graphics, Amazon is just too damn expensive, Flipkart and Snapdeal dont have what I want.

Can order from one of the following instead: mdcomputers, primeabgb or IT depot

Thing is I've never ordered from any of these companies before. Anyone advise on above are they OK to deal with in terms of customer service, returns, refunds etc.
Go ahead without any doubts. Recently bought an 80 plus gold rated 750 W power supply from Primeabgb. Reached my home in the promised time. Tech support is extremely helpful. Ordering process is smooth.
Old 11th November 2017, 00:10   #5657

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

OK thanks for the replies seems like Primeabgb is a good option will order from them.
Old 11th November 2017, 14:55   #5658

Hey guys, seeing some heavy sale on AliExpress. What are the essentials to buy?
Old 11th November 2017, 16:38   #5659
Distinguished - BHPian

AliExpress 11.11...

Have ordered a lens and an underwater camera housing.

Both items are made by Neewer, which seems to be one of the better-rated cheapish-chinese companies. Underwater? Whoa, I can't even swim... I just want to be able to take my camera out in the rain! Although less flexible, this seemed like a better option than the cloak/bag type stuff.

Both items are also available on both Amazon and Ebay .India, at higher prices. Let's see how the final, through-customs, "landed" cost compares with the easier/quicker Indian sites.

I am currently waiting for my first AliExpress purchase. Two small photographic items, ordered October 20th, now landed Kolkatta.

Patience is a must, it seems, for China shopping. Patience, and a willingness to suffer some disappointment, perhaps. I'm not going to get any rain pics this NE-monsoon season!

By the way: no difficulty at all in using Axis card. I think I misread the card number last time I tried.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 11th November 2017 at 16:43.
Old 11th November 2017, 16:52   #5660
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have email IDs to escalate to for an Amazon.in order gone wrong?
Old 11th November 2017, 17:01   #5661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebibendum View Post
Hey guys, seeing some heavy sale on AliExpress. What are the essentials to buy?
The discounts are not really much if you are a regular tracker of the site. However, the costlier stuff are what makes sense. The range of discounts is around 10-15% only so it will make a big difference if you are shopping at 50$+ range. For the small items I buy regularly on AE, there is hardly a price change.
Old 11th November 2017, 17:14   #5662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
when you have reached out to customer support via email on the app and if you get a response, that email will have a link for you to be called by an escalation Team. They will call instantly.
Old 11th November 2017, 18:33   #5663
BHPian

Quote:
It's cs-reply@amazon.in
Old 11th November 2017, 19:01   #5664
BHPian

Quote:
You can write to Jeff bezos at jeff@amazon.com.
You will definitely get a response from a senior person.
Old 13th November 2017, 14:54   #5665
BHPian

I am trying to purchase a fridge on paytm, it says +20% cashback but when i go in to the product listing it only shows coupon code for 10%, anyone else faced similar issue.
Also what is the customer care email/phone number.
I think there is no pre-sales support on paytm.
Old 13th November 2017, 15:27   #5666
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your response. I was about to escalate about the non-delivery of an Amazon item which the tracking showed as Delivered. I discovered the whole fault was of the delivery guy from Fedex.

I had ordered a pair of Bosch horns from a reseller and was expecting delivery. I was expecting the guy would call me when he comes for delivery and I can instruct him to deliver to my building watchman or my neighbor as I was in office and I stay alone. Got no such call but got sms that it has been delivered. Checked with the watchman who has collected my package in the past but he declined having received any. My neighbours had no clue either.

Couple of days and I checked with the reseller and Fedex. They claim the item was delivered to ME and signed by ME. As a proof they show me a fake signature where my spelling is completely wrong. I was really angry and wanted to escalate it today morning (as the week starts today and chances of quicker response).

Meanwhile, I opened my old shoerack which was placed out side my flat, after nearly a month to take out an old pair of shoes. And there, I saw this package kept in one corner. I feel bad for sending out emails to the reseller and Amazon as it wasn't their fault. But I am still a bit upset that the courier guy just placed the box unguarded (the shoe rack is not locked but has doors) and did my signatures to complete his delivery. What if my order had an expensive phone or similar and someone took it from the rack?
Old 14th November 2017, 19:23   #5667

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Go ahead without any doubts. Recently bought an 80 plus gold rated 750 W power supply from Primeabgb. Reached my home in the promised time. Tech support is extremely helpful. Ordering process is smooth.
Quote:
OK thanks for the replies seems like Primeabgb is a good option will order from them.

Some feedback on Primeabgb - called them before ordering to find out out how the warranty would work. Call got transferred to to three different persons and then eventually spoke to someone who had a very hasty manner about him and not well spoken. Seem have a attitude of "why are you even bothering me with this just give me your money already and go away". He actually cut me off! If this is how they behave on a pre-sales enquiry - I'd dread to think on what response you'd get if you ever needed to RMA anything to them. Definitely "Box Shifters" and I don't intend to part any my money with them.

Mdcompters on the other hand were much better, the guy I spoke to was helpful and knowledgeable, almost 5000 rs price difference compared to Amazon so may take a chance with them anyone bought stuff from them?
Old 14th November 2017, 21:03   #5668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
AliExpress 11.11...

Have ordered a lens and an underwater camera housing.

Both items are made by Neewer, which seems to be one of the better-rated cheapish-chinese companies. Underwater? Whoa, I can't even swim... I just want to be able to take my camera out in the rain! Although less flexible, this seemed like a better option than the cloak/bag type stuff.
So far, three days with extend processing time. I did, by a few days, but makes me wonder if it will ever happen.
Old 14th November 2017, 22:20   #5669
BHPian

Quote:
Some feedback on Primeabgb -
<snip>
Mdcompters on the other hand were much better, the guy I spoke to was helpful and knowledgeable, almost 5000 rs price difference compared to Amazon so may take a chance with them anyone bought stuff from them?
I've ordered parts directly from primeabgb and indirectly (via Amazon) from MDcomputers. When I tried to speak to someone over phone on Prime, they too passed the phone/buck to someone and I feel it's pointless talking to them - they might be better in person when you go to the shop, but that's not what you or I want. Email response isn't a lot better either.

Being a regular surfer, I find Prime make big goofs which a reliable, competent computer parts supplier should not. What kind of goofs? At least 3 times, putting incompatible components in a bundle.

Selling bundles of CPU+motherboard+RAM that are incompatible :
eg, Intel CPU with AMD motherboard combo
and an newer CPU with non-compatible older pin/slot motherboard ; selling DDR4 for a DDR3 only motherboard.

If you want to shop with Prime, you must know what you are doing and order parts you know specifically, will work for your system. They did ship my ordered bits properly, all working fine now, a year later. But they're a poor choice if you're looking for advice/suggestions on what to buy.
Old 16th November 2017, 23:12   #5670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I just expanded my horizons and placed my first China order!
AliExpress. Two separate packages, ordered 20th October, China Registered Mail, arrived together today. Trackable almost door to door. And customs just past them through. only USD20-something each anyway.

Amazon from USA can be slower than this, and more trouble (not always) so I'm impressed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks