Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 13:45   #4696
BHPian

My sandisk 32 gb card bought from Amazon stopped working after 10 months from purchase. When I contacted the seller I was asked to get in touch with sandisk service. Any idea where I would find it in Gurgaon ?
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:42   #4697
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
My sandisk 32 gb card bought from Amazon stopped working after 10 months from purchase. When I contacted the seller I was asked to get in touch with sandisk service. Any idea where I would find it in Gurgaon ?
First, visit the sandisk website where you will have to obtain a RMA request after registering your product. They will then approve and give you a RMA number and the address of the Sandisk replacement centre near you. All you have to do is go with the defective item and the RMA number printout and have it replaced over the counter.

Last edited by techiecal : 2nd May 2016 at 07:45.
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:43   #4698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Honestly, with memory cards available real cheap i would just not bother for warranty replacement. I tried it once on my 16GB Samsung card and it took me 3 visits and multiple calls to the service center to get a replacement. Rather i would spend that money on a new card. Running to and fro service center is not worth if the center is located far away .Just my 2 paise.
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:10   #4699
BHPian

Based on some 'positive' feedbacks about Ambrane power bank here in the forum, I placed an order for this http://www.flipkart.com/ambrane-p-60...BDZTDZHVVSEGRW.
The one that I received looked 'used' one and hence asked for a replacement. Then they sent the 'brand' new (it looked like that!) and after using it for couple of days, i was quite disappointed with it's performance. Here are my observations.
1) There is hardly any match between the actual power left in the bank and the actual display reading.
2) I was able to charge my OPO once and the power left showed less than 15% (started with 100%).
3) I had not connected any device to the power bank in the night, but still the power bank was dead (0% left) in the morning. This happened twice.
4) It did not support 'pass through' charging (one of the main reason why i brought this in the first place). May be some models (not all) from Ambrane supports 'pass through' charging?
5) Finally coming from 'Adata PtT100' user, the build quality did not look good.

So, returned back the power bank and I am planning to buy this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop from US.
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:35   #4700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Seems like a good deal: AutoCop PP-9500 Parkpro Reverse Parking Sensor System

http://www.industrybuying.com/car-re...dium=affiliate
Thinking of picking this up.
Do you know anyone who is using the same?

Couldn't find any reviews and want to be sure it is genuine.
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:30   #4701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Honestly, with memory cards available real cheap i would just not bother for warranty replacement. I tried it once on my 16GB Samsung card and it took me 3 visits and multiple calls to the service center to get a replacement. Rather i would spend that money on a new card. Running to and fro service center is not worth if the center is located far away .Just my 2 paise.
I recently replaced my Sandisk memory card. Even I thought that it would be troublesome and not worth it but then I thought let's try it anyway. After generating the RMA it took just one visit to the Sandisk center and a brief 10 mins. wait after which I was handed a brand new memory card. I guess it was worth the trip to the center in my case.
Old 2nd May 2016, 21:49   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Huawei Honor 13000mAh Power Bank purchased at Flipkart, delivered on 20th Oct '15.
6m warranty.

2 days short of 6 months after delivery, the Honor Powerbank gives up.
My experience with Huawei is similar. Bought a Rs. 12k phone for my daughter a couple of years back. After 11 months, the SIM card kept popping out (there's a slot in the body for it) and had to be pushed back in. In the 13th month, it wouldn't stay in. Went to the Jayanagar 4th block ASC; was told the only way to fix it was to replace the motherboard (since the SIM holder is soldered on it) at Rs. 9k. Apparently a common problem with that model; they had tried replacing the SIM holder on the original motherboard for another customer and ended up with numerous problems, so replacing the expensive motherboard was the only fix. We chucked the phone and got her a Samsung.

I've sworn to never buy a Huawei product again.
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:30   #4703
Senior - BHPian

Excellent service from Amazon

Placed the order for a book on amazon (seller was DC books) on Sunday 3pm. Monday morning got an SMS that the item is out for delivery and received the same around noon. This was free delivery, that too for a Rs. 120 item
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:07   #4704
Senior - BHPian

Three not so good shopping experiences in last 3-4 weeks:

Amazon

Ordered a HotWheels 5 car pack to give as a birthday gift to my kid’s friend. The item was Amazon fulfilled and I opted for two day delivery. The item was delivered before the promised time, but to my absolute horror, it was a low quality fake item (Hotweel). I called up the customer care to raise a complaint about this, but the guy who attended the call was totally indifferent and instead of accepting the fault and apologizing for it, he coolly asked me to sort it out with the seller. I simply initiated a return and wrote a negative comment about the seller in seller feedback section, but amazon promptly removed it citing that Amazon takes the responsibility of the experience since it was an Amazon fulfilled item.
I wrote a review highlighting this (receiving fake product) but even after two weeks, the review was not published. When I contacted the customer care, they informed me that the review will not be published if it don’t meet the guidelines, but I never got any communication from Amazon about the review not meeting any guidelines (Whenever one of the reviews gets published, I used to get mail notification from Amazon). I wrote another review and is still waiting to see if it will get published – so far, no luck after almost a week.
The Customer care executive told me that they will remove the seller only if they get three complaints about the seller.

PayTm

Ordered for a Hella Black Perl horn, which was promptly delivered before the promised time. Opened the pack today morning and saw that the OEM package was in very bad shape – almost mutilated and the OEM sticker on top was in a very bad shape, with almost all details faded out. Opened the pack and saw that the item is fake again – ‘Wind Town’ horn, packed in original Hella packaging. Raised a request for return, which is now in approved state and I am waiting for the pickup.

Flipkart

My friend ordered an Intex power bank, but the item which was delivered was a used one, with lot of scratch marks on the body. Have raised a return request and is waiting for the pickup.

--Anoop
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:20   #4705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Three not so good shopping experiences in last 3-4 weeks:

Amazon

Ordered a HotWheels 5 ca-----snip-------out the seller.
Raise a stink on the facebook page.
I got an opened box on an order, and I wrote on facebook. They scurried about like rats to re-deliver.
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:45   #4706
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not complaining, because the company did send the correct product, but I have a wrongly supplied bottle of Optimum ONR sitting awaiting collection. I have mailed them a couple of times, and they once told me that they had raised a pickup request with the courier, but that never happened,

I guess that, one day, I can simply call it mine. I guess, if I still have it when I finish my ordered-and-paid-for bottle, I'll just start using it. That will be a long time, considering how concentrated ONR is and how often I wash the car.
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:19   #4707
BHPian

Purchased AO Smith 1L geyser from Snapdeal. Received an old one with enough usage mark. Raised request for replacement and it was collected 2 days later. Replacement time was 1 week so canceled the order finally. Observation, If a product is cheap in any online site at a considerable lower price than market price then beware of the seller and product.
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:26   #4708
Distinguished - BHPian

So I finally used Quikr's pick and drop service.
I found a piece of furniture that I needed on Quikr, messages the seller about size, and made an offer. You cant make an offer of less than half the asking price.
ALWAYS quote half. We finally agreed on a price that 60% of the asking, and I transferred the amount into Quikr's escrow. They took 100 bucks for transportation.
Painlessly landed at my house in 2 days.
Thats faster than most Ecomm sites!
Nicely bound and wrapped.

Lovely!

Last edited by Aditya : 5th May 2016 at 07:26. Reason: As requested
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:44   #4709
BHPian

Horrifying experience with Quikr pick and drop service. I had sold my Washing machine through them, and the following happened:
1. A buyer agreed at a price and pickup was to happen on 11th April- no one came
2. On calling them, the pickup finally happened 3 days later.
3. I had given the delivery guys a full demo of my fully operational washing machine
4. After a few hours the buyer calls me telling that the door is not closing
5. The delivery guys try to force me to accept the faulty washing machine which I refused: I told them to give me back in the same condition in which it was received.
6. Call to Quikr customer care went in loops
7. They finally agreed to sell the machine after 2 weeks and give me back my money(In a separate incident , the buyer who had bid mailed me telling that his money has not been refunded

Now- I am without my machine, and the buyer is without his money. This is daylight robbery. Even posts on their fb wall did not help. Any help is appreciated.
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:54   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Seller was Online tyres something. Size was stock for SX4 - 205/60/16. But I dont think I should blame the seller. He was never in the loop.

Good news is that I fetched the tyre and its already running in the car.

I went the online method since the price difference was too huge, the cost of getting an additional tyre. For smaller tyres, I don't think the saving is worth such hassles.
Good to know you got the tyres finally. I had ordered tyres twice from Paytm and once from Snapdeal. Both the times, the difference in offline-shop/online pricing was substantial. And yes, Gati delivered the tyres from Paytm (Goodyear Triple Max Assurance) without any hassle, though it took 7 days to reach from Delhi.

Last edited by xotiq : 3rd May 2016 at 17:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks