Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 15:04   #3496
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
The demarcation between drug and dietary supplements are very thin in India.
Yes, and, despite my earlier post, I fear that I may have fallen foul of that.

I am leaving the country myself in just a couple of days. Either my poor wife will have to sort it out, or, by the time I get back, US$100 will have gone down the drain
Old 28th June 2015, 03:17   #3497
Distinguished - BHPian

The DHL Epic Continues....

With an incomprehensible email, including attachments that they seem to want me to scan and return. I must be reading that wrong! At least we have a name and a branch now: will telephone them on Monday.
Old 30th June 2015, 10:06   #3498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
W.r.t. the RCD 510 import through Aliexpress, DHL picked up the consignment from Hong Kong yesterday and I received the SMS from DHL sometime back, asking me to upload the KYC documents to https://dhlindia-kyc.com/.

Uploaded the driver's license and PAN card plus a copy of the gas bill since we are staying at a rented premises. I hope all goes well and the shipment doesn't get stuck. The dealer has undervalued the shipment (some 40 USD or so). I have a hunch I will have to pay the duties regardless. I don't mind that as long as they deliver the stuff in one piece.
Update:

Received the consignment from DHL yesterday night. They should have ideally delivered it today but since the house is locked during the day, we decided to pick it up from the Blue Dart office before they wound up. They called me around 9 PM and confirmed the address and the customs duties to be paid which was Rs. 1343 including DHL’s handling fee of Rs. 500.

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150630_09_34_09_pro.jpg

We collected the consignment around 9:45 PM, came home and opened the box to ensure that things are in shape. Unfortunately, not!

Before I finalized the deal and bought the unit, I had specifically requested the dealer to ensure that the front fascia is free from any dents or scratches as it spoils the aesthetics. He had assured me that he would look into it and do the needful.

Name:  Ali.PNG
Views: 1319
Size:  85.6 KB

I made the payment and he sent the consignment updating the order details with a DHL docket number. I have had a very nice experience with DHL before, with an international consignment and their tracking details are unbeatable! Somehow this tracking number failed to generate any results for almost 5 days. Finally, I figured out that this number was fake and it was used for a consignment which was dispatched to Australia last year. Upon asking the dealer why, he said this is how it is usually done as the dealers are supposed to enter a dummy docket number when the consignment is shipped to the their main warehouse from the dealership. Once DHL picks up the main consignment from their warehouse, DHL issues the actual docket number and is updated in the system. Like this:

The Online Shopping Thread-ali_1.png

Fast forward 4 days, I finally received the package. DHL's tracking details:

Name:  DHL.PNG
Views: 1781
Size:  84.1 KB

The dealer packed the unit quite well, with plenty of bubble wraps and styrofoam pieces to avoid any damage during transit.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_0465.jpg

Unwrapped the unit and to my shock, I found that there were several dents including one on the front fascia of the unit! I already knew that these RCD 510 units are taken off the donor VW cars which are sold in the Chinese regions and sold on Aliexpress and eBay (call them refurbished) but as long as they work without issues and the unit is free from scratches, I am happy. But this wasn’t the case. One dent was on the top-left corner of the unit which will stick out like a sore thumb after installation:

The Online Shopping Thread-img_0467.jpg

There were a couple of dents more at the side and bottom of the unit:

The Online Shopping Thread-img_0468.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-img_0473.jpg

But these would be invisible when the unit is installed so not a major deal. I am guessing they used a screw driver or a sharp tool while dismantling the HU from the donor car.

Dusted the unit using a brush and thoroughly cleaned it using a multipurpose liquid and microfiber cloth and it looks a lot better now. Thank goodness there are no scratches on the display and it has a protective cover (for the sake of it!).

Anyhow, I was unhappy and contacted the dealer over messages and raised a dispute for defects in goods received, (along with the snaps of these dents) asking for a refund amount of 35 USD. Won the claim! The price of the HU was 126.88 USD and the refund amount was 35 USD so the net amount paid was 91.88 USD which translates to approx. Rs. 5861. Not a bad deal IMO.

Dealer ID: XKD_Auto parts International trade Co. Ltd.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th June 2015 at 10:13.
Old 30th June 2015, 12:03   #3499
BHPian

Hi Gannu, Even I had bought a DELPHI RCD 510 from Aliexpress about 6 months back. Paid close to 10K for the whole thing. It worked well and had no scratches, but only supported 4 speakers on my car whereas I had 10.

I sold it and bought a BOSCH RCD 510 for close to 17K and it was also in really good condition and also sounded sublime. It felt a little faster with 32 GB SD card as well. Had Brushed aluminium that matched my car (Delphi had gloss).

I think you got unlucky with a scratched piece, but on the plus side you got a good refund.

Let us know how you install it with ISO connectors and how it sounds. All the very best
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:02   #3500
Distinguished - BHPian

So this is a first.
One of my orders from Aliexpress has been returned to shipper by customs.It was a case for a tablet. very surprising.
Meantime, the others orders from the same period are being delivered, or in transit in india.
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:54   #3501
Senior - BHPian

Since you are all discussing Aliexpress, let me seize the opportunity to ask this:
I am planning to buy a GSM/ CDMA signal booster with antenna.
I hope there is no prohibition to import such an item in India.

Secondly, the item will be shipped via China Post Registered Air Mail.
I am pretty sure there will be tracking provided, but who will deliver the item in India?
Is it going to be Indian postal service?

If yes, I see one problem: Importing items via post has a maximum limit of Rs. 2000. My item will be around Rs. 5000.
So, is there any additional paperwork needed?

Once I had ordered a small plastic car part which was shipped via EMS from middle east. It arrived at my door in 5-6 days and the postman just handed it over to me and vanished. That item was for Rs. 8000.

Last edited by S_U_N : 2nd July 2015 at 13:55.
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:25   #3502
BHPian

Hi there! Anyone using the Lenovo PA13000 13000 mAh Powerbank?

I am planning on buying one since the deal on Amazon (India) looks reasonable to me, considering the MI 10400 mAh was available earlier for INR 999/-

It's available on Amazon for INR 1700/- including shipping (Amazon Fulfilled).

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00W...WGZJTJ5NJ9#Ask

Pretty nice deal when compared to the rip-off at Flipkart - which costs INR 2600/- PLUS shipping!!

http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-pa130...49768&srno=b_6

Last edited by Safety is Param : 2nd July 2015 at 14:26.
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:32   #3503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Secondly, the item will be shipped via China Post Registered Air Mail.
I am pretty sure there will be tracking provided, but who will deliver the item in India?
Is it going to be Indian postal service?
Yes, Indian Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
So, is there any additional paperwork needed?
That depends on what value been quoted by your vendor. Usually they under value the item and ship it.
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:40   #3504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

I am planning on buying one since the deal on Amazon (India) looks reasonable to me, considering the MI 10400 mAh was available earlier for INR 999/-

Pretty nice deal when compared to the rip-off at Flipkart - which costs INR 2600/- PLUS shipping!!

The Adata 10000 Mah powerbank is much better than the Lenovo PA13000.
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:52   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The Adata 10000 Mah powerbank is much better than the Lenovo PA13000.
Thanks! I had the AData on my radar till I saw this (Lenovo).

Going by your response, I assume you own one yourself? If yes, can you please share your feedback? Are you able to achieve around 85-90% efficiency?

http://www.amazon.in/ADATA-PT100-100...ata+power+bank
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:02   #3506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks! I had the AData on my radar till I saw this (Lenovo).

Going by your response, I assume you own one yourself? If yes, can you please share your feedback? Are you able to achieve around 85-90% efficiency?

http://www.amazon.in/ADATA-PT100-100...ata+power+bank
Yes have the white one.

http://www.amazon.in/ADATA-PT100-100..._bxgy_23_img_z

The first one I ordered was defective. Second one works very well.
Can charge my phone 3 - 3,1/2 times.

Translates to about 75-80% efficiency.

Charging this bank from <10% takes 8-10 hours! This is with a 1amp wall charger.

This thing is a little heavy but its well built and should last long. I been using this bank for the past 2 months. Very useful thing to have.

I rather buy 2x Adata banks than one of those lenovo ones
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:33   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Yes have the white one.

http://www.amazon.in/ADATA-PT100-100..._bxgy_23_img_z

The first one I ordered was defective. Second one works very well.
I just placed an order for the White colored one. Since you have had a first hand experience, I made the decision.

I only hope they don't send me the one you returned!!

Amazon Fulfilled, so not losing sleep over it.

Thanks for your feedback though!
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:58   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just placed an order for the White colored one. Since you have had a first hand experience, I made the decision.

I only hope they don't send me the one you returned!!

Amazon Fulfilled, so not losing sleep over it.

Thanks for your feedback though!
Haha! Pray James may doesn't disappoint you.

You have 10 days to test it once you get it.
First thing you do is check both the ports if they work. Next let the bank charge to 100%.
(Also register this on the ADATA india website for the 1 year warranty.)

My first bank had defective USB ports and the bank wouldn't charge to 100%.
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:32   #3509
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody got anything from Amazon USA to India under Amazon global buy. What it does is Amazon calculates, collects at the time of purchasing and pays customs on our behalf. I was thinking of getting a Full HD projector from there, in India all the Full HD projectors are priced upwards of 80K. In Amazon.com I am getting Optoma 141x for 49,000 INR inclusive of customs and shipping.
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:43   #3510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
In India all the Full HD projectors are priced upwards of 80K. In Amazon.com I am getting Optoma 141x for 49,000 INR inclusive of customs and shipping.

That's a good deal and I know folks have got stuff without any hassle from Amazon global buy. Amazon refunds the excess customs duty (if any) as well once the transaction is complete.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks