Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 13:51   #2431
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Don't accept excuses that say otherwise and, please, don't make escuses for them that let them off the hook.
Absolutely bang on Thad !!

In other news, the two wall stickers that I had ordered came after 12 days from placing the order.
Upon opening the package I found only one and the second one was missing.

Immediately called up the seller and told the lady on phone. After profusely apologising, she promised to ship the missing sticker immediately.
This was on Monday, and today is Wednesday. 2 days have passed and she had not shipped out the missing product. Yesterday I had send an email to her via EBay messaging and she assured that she would send it out immediately.
Today morning even I had sent another email to which she didn't respond.

Now, EBay has a 14 Day EBay Guarantee which entails the customer to a full refund or cancellation of order.
Today is the 14th Day. So if I don't raise a dispute with Paisa Pay, the seller can escape without delivering the missing product.

So I promptly logged in to EBay and raised a 'Claim' with Paisa Pay.
There were two options, to my case of "Product not received".
- Refund
- Send product.
I selected the 2nd option of Send product and submitted the claim.

In less than 3 minutes, the seller called and said that she would send me the missing product at the earliest. With no shame on her face, she asked me to close the claim, else the money would not be credited to her account from Paisa Pay.
I very sternly told her that unless I receive the product, I will no way close the claim. She said that she will ship the product and provide me the AWB number of BlueDart, and then I could close the claim.
Again, I told her - Till the time I receive the product, I will not close the claim.
With a sad tone she said okay sir, we will send you the product at the earliest and kept the phone after saying the customary sorry for the inconvenience.

Now until she sends me the missing product, the entire money is blocked for her. Very good Paisa Pay and EBay. I will dig more into EBay to find out for how long can they block the money and is there any deadline, post which they would issue me a full refund.

Today, I have restored my faith in EBay. The 14 days EBay guarantee is a very good way to safeguard the customer from being cheated by sellers like mine.
Old 5th November 2014, 14:41   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Everything. If you are a courier, and you work for Amazon, then they are quite likely your biggest customer, or, at least, pretty big, so, if they lay down service-level demands, you listen, right? And do, right?
Quite Possible but I neither work for FK or Amazon, anyone who does can shed some light.

Quote:
Please, don't make escuses for them that let them off the hook.
As I said, I do not work for either of the e-commerce giants, I am not their spokesperson, I am simply stating my opinion.

Let them off the hook - No, definitely not. But if there IS (and can be) a genuine problem and the retailer is ready to correct the situation, then you do give them the benefit of the doubt, that is just the human side of business. I am not so high off my horse that I need someone fired because my Hard Disk reached me late.

But if the same thing happen again and again then yes, you do move on to someone else. It is a buyers market, you always have choices.

In my case did Amazon correct the situation - Yes, absolutely. As I type this, there is a guy who just delivered the item to my home.
Old 5th November 2014, 16:10   #2433
BHPian

Recently I ordered a few things both from Flipkart and Snapdeal. It was the first time I ordered from these sites. Usually I don't order stuff online and if I do, I usually use ebay (at least I used to order from ebay till recently). Lack of variety or maybe in the particular item that I was searching made me move away from ebay.

I ordered two items at Snapdeal on 29th October and I received one of them on 1st and the other on 4th.

I ordered two items on 1st November and received both the items on 2nd November. I was too pleased with the service of Flipkart.

On the contrary when I was trying to check the link for delivery status through snapdeal, even the link sent by them was not working.
Old 5th November 2014, 16:12   #2434
Senior - BHPian

Returned a book to a seller on Amazon.in Received a cheque from Amazon for the requisite amount but drawn on my screen name. Logged in with the query on how to resolve the issue. Received a call from C.S. executive who offered to send another cheque or store credit. Opted for store credit, got the same instantly and used it to order another book.

All in all in the last month bought from all the 3 major online retailers and all came through on delivery, product quality and post sale interaction.

Latest purchase has been on ebay for Burger King vouchers to be redeemed on the day of opening of their first outlet in India on the 9th.
Vouchers bought on 2nd of Nov.
Received email on 3rd from ebay saying seller has shipped vouchers and will be delivered on 11th
This for vouchers redeemable only on the 9th
4th receive a mail from Burger King, clarifying that vouchers will be delivered by 8th and apologizing for inconvenience caused on account of the earlier mail sent by ebay.

So looks like we now have sellers too with a positive attitude.
Old 5th November 2014, 16:14   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Flipkart has added 1 Xiaomi Redmi 1S in my cart. If anyone wants it do let me know.
Same here. Seems like they have extra stock now.
Old 5th November 2014, 19:36   #2436
BHPian

Two months back, I have ordered from tshirts.in for a custom printed T shirt for my kid for his birthday.

It was delivered before promised date but when I opened, what I saw terrified me. The name of my son was a typo and size of the shirt was two size small. The order form was correct, even the accompanying bill had the name printed correctly, but it was a typo where it really mattered.

With only a few days left for his birthday, I immediately mailed them back. The guy in charge replied back within a minute asking for mobile pic showing the problem. He then asked me to give him the name with correct spelling and also detail size. He mailed a size chart which has detail body markings for each shirt sizes. With this I could easily match what my son needs.

And the final corrected product arrived in another three days.

I was very very impressed with their customer focussed service. Would recommend them any day.

Fordday.
Old 6th November 2014, 00:01   #2437
BHPian

This may be a very stupid query but please clear my doubt:

What may possibly go wrong if some stranger orders something on your behalf from his own email id from Flipkart.

Some folks might be knowing about the flash sales of Redmi 1s phone on FK. I got to know about this phone yesterday only but came to know that next sale will happen on 11th Nov and I cant wait that long.
So, while browsing MI India's fb page, I saw various posts of people who have this phone in their shopping cart and were willing to order for somebody else opting for COD with no extra charges.
I contacted one guy and he ordered it for me from his cart. I gave him my shipping address and mobile number. I also got an order confirmation message with the order ID. Neither I gave that guy my email id nor he asked about it. Payment method opted is COD for Rs. 5999/-

I just want to know will there be any complications regarding this purchase like for example I get a defective product and need to return the item just in case.

Also is there any way, that the other guy may benefit from this, like get the money transferred in his Flipkart wallet or something else since he made the order from his email id.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 6th November 2014 at 00:03.
Old 6th November 2014, 03:45   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
This may be a very stupid query but please clear my doubt:

What may possibly go wrong if some stranger orders something on your behalf from his own email id from Flipkart.

Hi,

I just did that for a member called @Deeps from Noida.

Agreed I didn't have his email ID. But this is quite a common thing on forums like techenclave and digit. In case, the owner returns his phone, there is a sense of mutual trust that the person placing an order on someone's behalf will return the money.

In fact, in my case the person wanted to transfer to my account to place an order for him. I made sure it is a COD order so if there is a case of replacement, the phone will be shipped to the one who orders.

Get talking to the guy. It's completely a matter of trust that you acquire from being a part of worthy forums like I mentioned before and Team-bhp. Also, you must exchange phone numbers to be a on the safer side. Go with your gut instincts in such matter.
Old 6th November 2014, 07:37   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just want to know will there be any complications regarding this purchase like for example I get a defective product and need to return the item just in case.
Given my paranoid nature, I wouldn't do this (as the seller) since I worry about the buyer misusing the product and the purchase trail leading to me. I wouldn't do this (as the buyer) because of the reason you mention.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:17   #2440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A FedEx 'priority overnight' shipment was dispatched 2 days back from Mumbai (Mumbai-Surat distance = 300 km) and I haven't received it yet! Courier services are screwing it up big time!
Update:

The shipment was never delivered until yesterday when we decided to go to the local courier office in a remote area about 12 km from our residence and pick it up. This was being delayed for too long!

Called up FedEx’s customer support twice and the standard response followed, “We’ve forwarded the request to the concerned team along with your mobile number!”.

Turns out, FedEx hands over the consignment to some local/shady couriers wherever they do not have their service directly. The local courier says they tried delivering but the apartment was locked. The apartment caretaker claims otherwise.

I can’t find out the contact details or email ID of FedEx India’s senior management guys. I want to send them a mail and appreciate their super priority overnight delivery service.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:36   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I can't find out the contact details or email ID of FedEx India's senior management guys. I want to send them a mail and appreciate their super priority overnight delivery service.
Use Twitter to blast the rascals and see if it helps. Helped in my case though.

@FedEx India - This one is the India account. Didn't get to take their help much, because I used Twitter just 2 days before the delivery.
@FedEx Help - This is the US helpdesk. Although I am from India, they had internally escalated to India helpdesk and tried to help me.

Name:  ForumRunner_20141106_102810.png
Views: 595
Size:  111.5 KB

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 6th November 2014 at 10:38. Reason: t
Old 6th November 2014, 11:10   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hi,

I just did that for a member called @Deeps from Noida.

Agreed I didn't have his email ID. But this is quite a common thing on forums like techenclave and digit. In case, the owner returns his phone, there is a sense of mutual trust that the person placing an order on someone's behalf will return the money.

In fact, in my case the person wanted to transfer to my account to place an order for him. I made sure it is a COD order so if there is a case of replacement, the phone will be shipped to the one who orders.

Get talking to the guy. It's completely a matter of trust that you acquire from being a part of worthy forums like I mentioned before and Team-bhp. Also, you must exchange phone numbers to be a on the safer side. Go with your gut instincts in such matter.
Thanks for the reply creative420 and binand.

Well actually the thing is I have contacted this guy on fb and you can understand there are all sorts of people on fb i.e. a bit less trustworthy than other dedicated online forums.
I have contacted flipkart and asked them to change the mail id of this order with mine. Though they have noted down the details but still no confirmation message yet.

The only way this other person can cheat me is if I opt for refund and he somehow gets the refund money to his wallet. Moreover, the guy looks like a school going student. Most probably, a Minor.
Flipkart said that in case of refund in COD, there are 2 options, flipkart wallet or bank account transfer. I will opt for bank account transfer in my name of course.
Lets see.
Old 6th November 2014, 12:20   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Same here. Seems like they have extra stock now.
Well it seems to have some major issues with respect o heating and slowing down. People either seem to love it or hate it
Old 6th November 2014, 21:33   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply creative420 and binand.

I will opt for bank account transfer in my name of course.
Lets see.
The name of the flipkart account holder is the only person whose name can be given for money to be transferred into the account of, if you choose bank transfer. It's FK policy.
Old 7th November 2014, 07:46   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
The name of the flipkart account holder is the only person whose name can be given for money to be transferred into the account of, if you choose bank transfer. It's FK policy.
But their customer care guy told me the refund in case of COD will be in the name of the recipient of the product.
I will be confirming with them once again. Thanks.

Update:Just called their customer care and the executive told me in case of refund, it will be made to the person in whose name the bill has been made and not to the person who made the order. Though I must get this in writing from them. Sending a mail right now.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 7th November 2014 at 08:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks