Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 11:48   #856
BHPian

re: The Coronavirus Thread

Today morning (19th March), I was watching local Telugu news channel. News confirmed that 7 out of 11 Indonesians have tested positive. They have traveled to Delhi on 13th March, took a train (Sampark Kranthi express) from Delhi to reach Karimnagar, in between travelling by road from Ramagundam to Karimnagar. Now all the passengers of the compartment - S9 have to be reached out and tested.

News says that all of them were screened at the airport. Since there were no visible signs, they were let go. But one of them developed symptoms after reaching Karimnagar and thus spreading to other members of this group all this time.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/74683165.cms

At this critical time, hope people travelling from other countries should understand that even though they do not show any symptoms, it is better to isolate themselves for 14 days to confirm that they are okay and not to spread by chance if they have. We cannot rely on authorities to do everything for us and self help is needed now highly.

Last edited by bvasista : 19th March 2020 at 11:50.
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 12:05   #857
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Working from home? Show us your home office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Tricky situation doc. You're risking exposure going out, but also risking someone infected walking in at the home office, isn't it?
Ya. A very tricky situation indeed. But if I don't go out, I'll fail my patients. I really don't know how this will proceed.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 12:19   #858
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
These moves will decrease the social distancing among the same low-risk age group but will increase the socializing with old-age high-risk family members.

A lot of people are heading to their home towns since work from home has been implemented and colleges are shut. The government dropped the ball here, there is a 14 day lag period in most cases for symptoms and people traveling can spread the virus from one state to another.

The economic damage will be massive but we need a 14 day lock down to isolate and find all cases. People need to be told to stay where they are not travel home.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 13:26   #859
BHPian

Re: Working from home? Show us your home office

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Ya. A very tricky situation indeed. But if I don't go out, I'll fail my patients. I really don't know how this will proceed.
While waiting at my doctor's office (not recently) I've always wondered how doctors never seemed to get infected. Hope you too have a well primed immune system. My doctor says he loves his job and that's why nothing affects him! May your tribe spread like a benign virus !

You could try to get a positive air pressure system that pushes purified air into your room and then away from you so as to not allow any air from a patient near you - but this is coming from someone who knows nothing about the reality of doctor-patient interactions and just has too much time on hand...
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 14:50   #860
A M
BHPian

I am a dentist and a digital health consultant.

I have closed down my clinic since dental procedures create a lot of aerosols.

For my life as a digital health consultant, I am working from home (which I anyways do most of the time) and have deferred my travel schedule indefinitely.

I was supposed to be in Lilongwe and Cairo in April for meetings and Paris in May for a conference. The conference is cancelled for now and the meetings will be on Skype.
A M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:09   #861
BHPian

The following news is airing in Asianet News.

The Coronavirus Thread-tn-news.jpg

Social spread suspected by Tamil Nadu Health Department. Can anybody provide details ?

Last edited by adrian : 19th March 2020 at 15:11.
adrian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:18   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
The following news is airing in Asianet News.

Attachment 1981515

Social spread suspected by Tamil Nadu Health Department. Can anybody provide details ?
Nothing official. But I am guessing it has already spread, why ??

- 80 % companies still operate

- Traffic on OMR is more or less the same

- TASMACs still operate

- Buses still operate with 80 % occupancy

Not sure how people are acting as if everything is normal, very scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
A lot of people are heading to their home towns since work from home has been implemented and colleges are shut.
Me,my wife and her sister are all working professionals and stay at OMR, Chennai. Though we have stocked few supplies, there is one major concern :

WATER - The entire OMR ( Chennai ) depends on water cans for drinking water, I cannot imagine a day without these guys, leave about a 14 day shutdown of everything !

Last edited by Sk8r : 19th March 2020 at 15:27.
Sk8r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 15:51   #863
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My (leased) shops in Dadar area just got a notice from the BMC and local union to close all shops / offices. Had never imagined we'd ever see such a situation! This is a full-on war. Brother just returned from seeing the doctor and says that the roads are empty. Like a ghost town.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 16:07   #864
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post

WATER - The entire OMR ( Chennai ) depends on water cans for drinking water, I cannot imagine a day without these guys, leave about a 14 day shutdown of everything !

Obviously all essential services should be running. My concern is people traveling between cities or states can carry the virus with them to places which are right now uninfected. Let's hope we can get things under control and confine this to the cities where it currently is.
Old 19th March 2020, 16:11   #865
BHPian

Officially in my city with 3 areas on lockdown.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/74709331.cms
Old 19th March 2020, 17:37   #866
BHPian

My worry is irresponsible people going on trips right now. A lot of recent new joiners from wife's office are planning an out of town trip because they are "bored at home 'cos of work from home and can work using laptops even from holiday locations".
I mean, I'm appalled. And these are highly educated, top earning individuals! I mean why?

People please stay at home and not venture out.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 18:06   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Brother just returned from seeing the doctor and says that the roads are empty. Like a ghost town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Officially in my city with 3 areas on lockdown
Interesting, the restrictions are different for each city. Probably for different areas in each city. Just went out to get some milk and while the streets are definitely not as crowded as they would be during a normal day at this time, there's no lack of people on the roads either. All shops are open. Fortunately no one seems to be doing any panic buying.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 18:13   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

I live close to the airforce station in south Chennai. Last evening, you would have thought that it's like a Diwali in March. Schools and colleges are shut, so entire families are out in full force, shopping away for giggles and glory. Yes, a few roadside flower and fruit vendors are wearing masks but that's about it. Traffic was in full flow as usual. Hand sanitizers are all sold out.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 18:32   #869
BHPian

India bans all international flights from 22nd to 29th March.
Old 19th March 2020, 18:32   #870
Senior - BHPian

I thought I will buy an additional month of supplies and went to my usual department store on 17th evening. It was packed full of people so I did not enter, came away. Then went yesterday at 12.30 p.m, there still were a sizeable number of people but much less than the previous day. Normally this time of the month and day there will hardly be five customers inside.

Finished my shopping, paid the bill, ordered home delivery and came off. Till now they have not delivered. When I called up they informed there are a lot of pending deliveries due to heavy billing and I may receive only tomorrow.

Looks like everybody is stocking up.
Gansan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks