Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 19:13   #5806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Ha Ha... I joined in with an invited audience of twenty or thirty people the other day. That's my first "crowd" since March 2020. It was fun.

Frankly, being inoculated and all, I'm actually less afraid of the disease itself than I am concerned about the hassle of informing contacts and loosing the freedom that I do have, for at least two weeks in the case of suspected infection, and probably much longer for the real thing.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 20:52   #5807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Ivermectin may be called a 'wonder drug'. But I think I'd rather give the vaccines another "shot".
  • To be clear, not asking anyone to self medicate with Wonder Drug, just pointing out lies.
  • Ivermectin/Vaccine is best decided by your doctor than some random news Reporter/Planter.
  • If you want to research yourself get actual information directly see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/
You will not find Ivermectin/2DGTM or any other drug that works for COVID-19 from Govt/MSM simply because if there is working drug then Vaccines will loose EUA and it pretty much game over for Digital ID. WHO has done lot of hard work, don't spoil it, just shoot to glory.

E.g Wiping out herd immunity as known till 2020 (PS: They have updated it now with long blurb which mostly means same).

Name:  WhoHerd.png
Views: 468
Size:  438.6 KB

Who is the new Techie - https://www.who.int/publications/i/i...ination-2021.1
  • Ivermectin/Vaccine do not get into buyers remorse, make informed decision.
  • If you are planning to boost same old Vaccine made for original strain it has failed for Delta (Look around proof: Large number breakthrough cases in Kerala).
  • Research Proof: Japanese pre-print research paper here https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...08.22.457114v1
  • Currently the Vaxx drive is more of placebo with possible side effects.
Note there are multiple research papers pointing to Spike as the reason for major health hazards seen in C-19, with current vaccines you are making same spike directly in your body to get protection, good luck.
PhantomLord is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 10:54   #5808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
Ivermectin/Vaccine is best decided by your doctor than some random news Reporter/Planter.
Agreed, no one should be coerced, better to rely on credible sources and arrive at conclusions with the latest data.

Quote:
If you want to research yourself get actual information directly see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/
Unfortunately, that study seems to have been discredited. https://blog.frontiersin.org/2021/03...dia-statement/
https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/20...bm-2021-111678

Now obviously the pro-ivermectin groups will say 'Bill Gates paid to kill the study' or something equally conspiratorial. My intent is not to get into a pro-anti ivermectin/vaccine thing here. I'm not entirely convinced about a couple of the vaccines that are available either, but I think at this stage that's the best we've got. And practically, I know I'll need to get both shots to travel even within the country, enter a building, or do anything in the near future, and since I've already gotten one without any side-effects, might as well complete the dose.

Research continues to evolve with something this new and things change. So it's better that each of us chooses our sources wisely and decides based on that. Personally, I prefer sources that don't depend on convincing people of some global conspiracy every time they need to back up one of their assertions. To each their own.

Last edited by am1m : 1st September 2021 at 11:12.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 10:59   #5809
Senior - BHPian

44 deaths (32 kids) in 12 days !! and it hardly bats an eye since it is not COVID
Quote:
You will not find Ivermectin/2DGTM or any other drug that works for COVID-19 from Govt/MSM simply because if there is working drug then Vaccines will loose EUA and it pretty much game over for Digital ID.
Ivermectin or 2DGTM is not cure for COVID-19. They are used to treat COVID-19 in patients where they exhibit the *certain* symptoms. BTW 2DGTM is new drug and untested in the field. Will doctors prescribe & patients find relief? Need to wait.
Quote:
Currently the Vaxx drive is more of placebo with possible side effects.
Still unable to figure out what your assertions are. What are they?
msdivy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 15:47   #5810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
44 deaths (32 kids) in 12 days !! and it hardly bats an eye since it is not COVID
I see what you mean, but nobody would have heard of covid when it had only killed a few dozen people. Even then, it had to prove itself as something that spread fast.

Whilst this is one event in one place we probably won't hear much. But I do hope we do get the information when known. If dengue is suspected... isn't it easily diagnosed? I had the test once (positive) but I forget how long the results took. IIRC, they look for the dengue antibodies. Maybe a day?
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:17   #5811
BHPian

Will vaccination cause me to test positive for Covid19? I'm planning to travel from Kerala to Gujarat next Friday (10th). But my office has scheduled my second dose vaccination on Monday (6th). For the travel I need to take Covid test on 8th. So should I postpone my vaccination?
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:20   #5812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
Will vaccination cause me to test positive for Covid19? I'm planning to travel from Kerala to Gujarat next Friday (10th). But my office has scheduled my second dose vaccination on Monday (6th). For the travel I need to take Covid test on 8th. So should I postpone my vaccination?
I am not an expert on this but it should not. At least in my experience, after my Pfizer shot I have been tested four times through RT PCR and multiple times through Antigen and not even once it has shown any signs right from second day of first vaccine till both doses were done. Not sure if viral vector vaccines like Covishield and Covaxin might have different behaviour.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 14:45   #5813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
No, vaccination will not cause you to test positive in RAT or RTPCR. You can go ahead with your vaccination without any hesitation.
A350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 11:41   #5814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Ivermectin or 2DGTM is not cure for COVID-19. They are used to treat COVID-19 in patients where they exhibit the *certain* symptoms. BTW 2DGTM is new drug and untested in the field. Will doctors prescribe & patients find relief? Need to wait.
My point was any cure will be pushed down. Cure or not there is ample proof of Ivermectin being effective as part of prophylactics. Invermectin has been widely used in India, don't just google, ask your local medical shop. Most shops sell standard protocol, means doctors are prescribing it but not open about it.

Delhi/UP vs Kerala/Tamilnadu. See - https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...1ae87887a.html
Quote:
Still unable to figure out what your assertions are. What are they?
Missed Jap paper ? you are taking vaccine designed(if it ever worked) for Alpha which is ineffective for Delta in/after Delta Wave. More worrying would be Medical Professionals taking same vaccine as booster when recent researches point to Spike as culprit for all issues in COVID.

Another worrying trend forget reporting adverse events, local doctors fear loosing license if patients are informed about adverse events. Even in small towns doctors are seeing high adverse events in young people.
PhantomLord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 15:00   #5815
BHPian

https://https://indianexpress.com/ar...virus-7492964/

Quote:
What seems increasingly likely is that we will need to learn to live with the virus because it is becoming endemic, which simply means it will always be amongst us.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 16:27   #5816
Distinguished - BHPian

One question for the experts - Suppose a person develops antibodies after vaccination, and in the next few months this person is exposed repeatedly to the virus and might even develop mild symptoms, what happens to the antibodies? Would this not result in consistent or increasing levels of antibodies which would fight against the virus? Or is it that the antibodies would come down over time?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 23:45   #5817

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
One question for the experts - Suppose a person develops antibodies after vaccination...
Sir,

After full vaccination, there will be neutralizing anti Covid antibodies in blood (known as anti spike antibodies). Vaccination against Covid does not necessarily prevent Covid infection. But it's main purpose is to prevent severe or life threatening Covid infection.

In a scenario as you mentioned if a person after vaccination is exposed to Corona virus repeatedly, then his blood antibodies will rise and fight against Covid 19. He may or may not actually suffer from Covid 19 disease. If at all he suffers, most likely he will be able to get away with mild infection only.

With time antibody levels will decline, so we possibly need booster. But guidelines are inconclusive as of now. But there is one more speculation that once exposed to Covid 19 via natural infection or vaccination or both (which is in fact the best scenario), there are memory T cells which have seen Covid spike antigen already. If person is re exposed to Covid 19, then there will be massive neutralizing antibody response. So declining levels of antibodies is not a reason of concern always.

Covid is relatively new disease. Research is going on and we don't know many aspects. With time we will be wiser.

Regards
Kiran Joshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 12:43   #5818
BHPian

Interesting news for those who are tired of getting their nose and mouth attacked by RT-PCR swabs:

Saline Gargle RT-PCR method. Gives results in 3 hours.

The Saline Gargle RT-PCR method uses a simple collection tube filled with saline solution.

The patient gargles the solution for 15 seconds and rinses it inside the tube. This sample in the collection tube is taken to the laboratory where it is kept at room temperature, in a special buffer solution prepared by NEERI, and kept for 30 minutes at room temperature. Then the liquid is heated up at 98 degree for six minutes to extract RNA for the RT-PCR test.

The scientists of Nagpur-based National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) under the CSIR have developed this RT-PCR testing method.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 18:32   #5819
Team-BHP Support

Here is an interesting interview about Ivermectin. Why it is banned in most places...

Old 2nd October 2021, 13:39   #5820
BHPian

Covid antiviral pill can halve risk of hospitalisation

Quote:
An experimental drug for severe Covid cuts the risk of hospitalisation or death by about half, interim clinical trial results suggest.

The tablet - molnupiravir - was given twice a day to patients recently diagnosed with the disease.

US drug-maker Merck said its results were so positive that outside monitors had asked to stop the trial early.

Quote:
An analysis of 775 patients in the study found:

• 7.3% of those given molnupiravir were hospitalised
  • that compares with 14.1% of patients who were given a placebo or dummy pill
  • there were no deaths in the molnupiravir group, but eight patients who were given a placebo in the trial later died of Covid
Source : BBC
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks