Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 09:23   #5671
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
The latest RWA guidelines posted on BBMP site under latest news is dated 16th July and can be accessed here
As per the same RWA gyms cannot be opened yet
Unlock 2.0 began on 21st, so was after a more recent advisory. Persistence worked, gym has now been opened.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 20:09   #5672
BHPian

Slightly off topic but interesting coincidence

In 1997 an Archie comic ran this strip predicting how school would be in 2021

The Coronavirus Thread-archie.jpg

Ref :
https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/this-19...tunned-2393364
Fillmore is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 15:43   #5673
BHPian

My organization conducted Sero-survey thrice over the last 1 year.
In the first 2 rounds I tested negative for anti-bodies. I tested positive for Covid-19 on 7th May and recovered in a weeks time through isolation at home along with medication & rest. The third round was conducted last week. Here is the result:

Your antibody value against Neucleocapsid Antigen using a FDA approved kit is 93.62 Arbitrary Units.

Kindly note that this is a qualitative assay and is to be interpreted as Positive (>=1) or Negative (<1).

If you have been tested Positive with this assay or have received vaccination; an additional quantitative antibody assay against Spike Antigen has been performed which will be useful during serial follow up.

Your quantitative antibody values are 225 U/ml

Quantitative values < 0.8 U/ml are Negative for antibodies against spike proteins and values >= 0.8 are Positive

These are research based tests and should not be interpreted in the context of clinical setting. Please continue to take all precautions even if you have antibodies and/or have been vaccinated. Inter-Subject value comparison should be avoided.

------------------------------------------------------------

So, my understanding is that I have antibodies as of now and I can afford to wait 1-2 months before taking my first dose of vaccine. Can Docs in the forum confirm if my thinking is right?
Old 4th July 2021, 19:27   #5674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
3. Hormones impact on covid outcome is not well studies or reported. It's not right to say hormones protect or puts you at risk.
Doc, FYI, attaching a screenshot of a news of study that states male are more affected by Corona than female and also mortality rate is more in male.
Attached Thumbnails
The Coronavirus Thread-img_8576.jpg  

Old 5th July 2021, 00:55   #5675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Doc, FYI, attaching a screenshot of a news of study that states male are more affected by Corona than female and also mortality rate is more in male.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...464-2/fulltext
Zen2001 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 02:29   #5676
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT. What covid?

The Coronavirus Thread-d6acd1be1ae3451f8fd522698064d77c.jpeg

Related news article:Link

YouTube is full with vlogs of people heading towards ladakh. It feels as if COVID is history already for everyone else and here I am still double masking myself while going out for groceries once a week

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th July 2021 at 02:46.
SoumenD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 13:20   #5677
Senior - BHPian

Today is the first day of unlock in Mysore after more than 2 months of lockdown and the way people were behaving in streets and in shops was as if the coronavirus has given them permission to stop wearing masks and maintain social distancing.

I walked out of a store after seeing the employees not wearing masks and not before giving them a piece of my mind about their carelessness.

I was double masking and I was looked at as a freak everywhere I went.

No Govt can do anything for such foolish behavior and we will be seeing endless waves just like a sea if people don't wise up to the situation and start following the covid safety protocol.
speedmiester is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 14:05   #5678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
YouTube is full with vlogs of people heading towards ladakh. It feels as if COVID is history already for everyone else and here I am still double masking myself while going out for groceries once a week
This is not just here, it is happening everywhere. Even local youtubers are travelling like there is no pandemic. On one hand there are folks like us who exercise maximum precaution and safety and on the other hand there are people who live like it is still 2019.

Even abroad most of the normal people have difficulty getting flight tickets, travelling, meeting family and loved ones etc. As for the celebrities they are globe trotting as usual and constantly advising us on how to live

Last edited by TrackDay : 5th July 2021 at 14:07.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 14:24   #5679
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like traffic is back to normal levels all over. Crowds are present in all places and masking seems to be lax too. Can't single out just the vacation destinations, looks like city traffic/crowd is back too in all it's glory.

Multiple waves seem inevitable, hopefully each successive one will be less severe than the last, since most people will already have been infected and as lots more people get vaccinated. Hopefully.

Maybe it's finally time to let each person take whatever precautions they can personally and decide how much risk they want to take. Can't see any other alternative, we just have to learn to live with it. The goal of 'zero cases' doesn't seem possible. Endless lock/unlock/lock/unlock doesn't seem practical either. Might keep going like this for the rest of this year, but for how long.

https://twitter.com/BallouxFrancois/...97682897326081

Last edited by am1m : 5th July 2021 at 14:25.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 15:06   #5680
Senior - BHPian

And then if wave 3 comes same people will start crying victim about how useless the government is in providing them oxygen beds and ventilators. With such a huge population any government would fare similarly IMO. More than any government its the general public of India who is responsible for the rampant spread of the killer virus and its still going on. Nobody learnt any lesson after 2 waves in a span of 1 year. Really disgusting behaviour
SoumenD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 15:57   #5681
BHPian

Daily Toll Collection Through FASTag Reaches Level Recorded Before Second COVID-19 Wave: Govt

With easing of lockdown in most states and increase in the movement of traffic on the Highways, the toll collection through FASTag is reaching the level recorded before the second wave of Covid pandemic hit India in April, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said on Friday (3 July).

The toll collection across the country through FASTag touched Rs 103.54 crore with 63.09 lakh transactions on 1 July, the ministry said.

Electronic toll collection through FASTag is operational at 780 active toll plazas across the country.

"Toll collection in June 2021 increased to Rs. 2,576.28 crore, which is around 21 percent higher than Rs. 2,125.16 crore collected in May 2021," the ministry said.

Source: https://in.news.yahoo.com/daily-toll...032758191.html
irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 17:43   #5682
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Multiple waves seem inevitable, hopefully each successive one will be less severe than the last, since most people will already have been infected and as lots more people get vaccinated. Hopefully.

Maybe it's finally time to let each person take whatever precautions they can personally and decide how much risk they want to take.
Exactly. The time to be cautious would be around October/November when the effects of the immunity (either natural or induced via vaccines) starts diminishing in the population.

To the people who are worried about 3rd wave because of Covid inappropriate behavior by the crowds : Telengana, including Hyderabad, has been on full unlock for two weeks now and there is still decrease in number of cases. Because that's how epidemics work.

General gyaan:
Get your annual health checkups and heart checkups done. Heart disease kills. Covid also kills but the risks of death for <50 years, vaccinated, non-obese, non-comorbid is very very less. Please don't stress yourselves out.
DigitalOne is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 18:30   #5683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The goal of 'zero cases' doesn't seem possible. Endless lock/unlock/lock/unlock doesn't seem practical either
Agreed. The strategy is evolving to the "art of the possible" with lockdowns being used as necessary to avoid healthcare systems overload until we have segued from pandemic to endemic.

Unfortunate that most people throw caution to the winds when unlocked so we ricochet from falling to soaring infection rates which are likely to require draconian lockdown
catkins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 11:13   #5684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Today is the first day of unlock in Mysore after more than 2 months of lockdown
Mysore district was a strange case. It was seeing less than 1K cases before the statewide lockdown started on April 27th. In fact, Mysore had one of the strict lockdowns with just 3 open days in a week and that too only in early mornings. But the daily cases increased to around 2.5K as the lockdown progressed and remained till the state lockdown was eased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
General gyaan:
Get your annual health checkups and heart checkups done. Heart disease kills. Covid also kills but the risks of death for <50 years, vaccinated, non-obese, non-comorbid is very very less. Please don't stress yourselves out.
That is a piece of excellent advice.

In addition to the above, maintain a good relationship with your family physician (preferably a pulmonologist). Do not ignore any symptoms and take your doctor's advice. Nobody knows when there will be a third wave or peak (if there is any) and whether it will affect kids or not. Leave the speculative pseudoscience to TV anchors.

Last edited by navin : 6th July 2021 at 12:44.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 11:30   #5685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
So, my understanding is that I have antibodies as of now and I can afford to wait 1-2 months before taking my first dose of vaccine. Can Docs in the forum confirm if my thinking is right?
Good that you recovered with very mild symptoms. Current medical understanding is to delay the vaccine at least 6 weeks after the positive test. This is done with the the concept that our immunity might not mount a good response to the vaccine for at least 6 weeks after a significant viral infection.

Our government, with Logistics and stocks in mind, has issued a guideline for vaccination after 3 months from a positive test. I would suggest you can go for vaccination after 6 weeks based on the availability in your location. No harm in delaying it for upto 3 months.
aadya is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks