Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2020, 12:22   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Is the govt building any religious monuments? I don't think everyone needs the vaccine and not everyone would ask for a free one too
At the risk of sounding terribly pedantic, various Indian governments do pay for the construction and upkeep of religious monuments and structures. It can be argued that this is a hangover of monarchy, but it does still exist. This money (and administrative skill) comes from the taxpayer.

Apologies for the off-topic post.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 12:53   #3632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
A health camp was arranged in my organization in which my blood sample was taken around 10th September. The sample was processed for serological test to check if I have antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. Test results came back yesterday: I do not have antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.
Not sure if I should be happy or concerned!
I had a similar test done last month except that I paid 800 for it. Mine was also negative and to be honest I was a little disappointed! On the plus side, it shows that my precautionary measures have been effective. Now there is some evidence that immunity lasts for just a few months so we are better off avoiding the virus as far as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
My residence is now under a containment zone and me along with my father are in a 14 day home isolation. We live in a flat and the flat above our floor has 4 Covid-19 cases and hence, declared as containment zone.
Are they still sealing the entire neighbourhood for one case? I was under the impression that only the house or the flat would be sealed (whatever that means).
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 13:39   #3633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Are they still sealing the entire neighbourhood for one case? I was under the impression that only the house or the flat would be sealed (whatever that means).
Actually, had it been a single case or two, only the concerned flat would have been sealed. But there are 4 cases of the same family, hence the whole tower of 8 flats is sealed and not the entire apartment building. We have 6 more towers in our society.

This is one part of strategy of Delhi govt. They are taking maximum precautions just to control the situation.

Assume that had the whole tower not been sealed. The whole tower has 29 members. 4 positive. Even if 1 of the 25 remaining were infected they would have spread the virus to not only their own family but also at their work place and wherever they go. Now since everyone is under 14 day isolation, anyone if infected will be detected and treated accordingly. Heck if 2-3 are asymptotic, they would easily recover in 14 days.

This is just my way of thinking. I am taking this 14 day lockdown in a positive manner only otherwise there are 100 more reasons that I can take this the other way as my father is doing.
chiefpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 13:51   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar test done last month except that I paid 800 for it. Mine was also negative and to be honest I was a little disappointed! On the plus side, it shows that my precautionary measures have been effective. Now there is some evidence that immunity lasts for just a few months so we are better off avoiding the virus as far as possible.
Thanks! Exactly my thoughts as well on the antibody test result.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 16:21   #3635
BHPian

Is there any side effects after recovering from covid 19? I am having substantial hairfall for quite sometime now. Initially i ignored it owing to bad weather and other things but now it has increased a bit. Has this something to do with coronavirus?
Old 27th September 2020, 16:26   #3636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Is there any pot side effects after recovering from covid 19? I am having substantial hairfall for quite sometime now. Initially i ignored it owing to bad weather and other things but now it has increased a bit. Has this something to do with coronavirus?
I think you should take (or might already be taking) some multi-vitamins regularly for at least a month or so. Especially with zinc supplement. If you’re deficient on anything, your body will choose to divert those to run essential functions of the body rather towards vestigial stuff like hair.

Also, this could be something else too. For example disorder of thyroid gland. You may get a TSH test done as well.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 27th September 2020 at 16:28.
Old 27th September 2020, 16:34   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think you should take (or might already be taking) some multi-vitamins regularly for at least a month or so. Especially with zinc supplement. If you’re deficient on anything, your body will choose to divert those to run essential functions of the body rather towards vestigial stuff like hair.

Also, this could be something else too. For example disorder of thyroid gland. You may get a TSH test done as well.

Regards.
I have stopped taking multivitamins after recovering from covid 19. Doctor advised to stop all medicines if i was feeling good and so i stopped taking them. Will consult doctor again in that case and ask about TSH test. Thanks for the insight.
Old 27th September 2020, 20:44   #3638
Senior - BHPian

Have we finally turned a corner? Testing has been a bit lumpy, cumalatively not that small and positive cases increases is down from the 95,000s to high 80 thousands and deaths seem to have stopped growing atleast.

The Coronavirus Thread-corner.jpg
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 21:33   #3639
Distinguished - BHPian

My uncle passed away at 11:03 AM today after a 2 year battle with neural stage 4 glioblastoma. He was at his home these last few weeks, beyond medical care and hope. Getting a nurse or doctor to check on him was difficult due to the pandemic.

After he passed, I and my cousin were rudely chased out of a clinic by a doctor when we said we needed him to certify a death. "Don't come near me if it's a death! I will not come." We eventually found a doctor elsewhere who came home clad in a full PPE kit and certified his death.
locusjag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 22:58   #3640
BHPian

Quote:
Now there is some evidence that immunity lasts for just a few months so we are better off avoiding the virus as far as possible.
Actually, a lot of evidence has emerged in the last few months on T-cell immunity, which is much more longer lasting than B-cell immunity. It's also been discussed on this thread earlier.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 23:27   #3641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
My uncle passed away
I and my cousin were rudely chased out of a clinic by a doctor when we said we needed him to certify a death.
What should one do under such situations now? There are very senior citizens in some of the apartments in our complex, including my own parents. All of them are well past 80, the oldest being 88. They are all ok, but one can never say at that age. Anyone may go suddenly at that age, like a lamp switch is turned off. A few are living alone, with their children living abroad. I am keeping an eye on them and taking care of their needs as best as I could.

How to secure a death certificate under such conditions?
Gansan is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 00:10   #3642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Is there any side effects after recovering from covid 19? I am having substantial hairfall for quite sometime now. Initially i ignored it owing to bad weather and other things but now it has increased a bit. Has this something to do with coronavirus?
Interesting.

An acquaintance tested positive and was home quarantined for 14 days. He took his time and came off of it after 20 days. I was shocked to see him lose hair in patches. His thick, curly mane had disappeared at 4 places - giving the effect of holes in the hair. He has seen a dermatologist now and is under medication.

Last edited by dailydriver : 28th September 2020 at 00:19.
Old 28th September 2020, 00:17   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Interesting.

An acquaintance tested positive and was home quarantined for 14 days. He took his time and came off it after 20 days. I was shocked to see him lose hair in patches. His thick, curly mane had disappeared at 4 places - giving the effect of holes in the hair. He has seen a dermatologist now and is under medication.
Could it be stress related?(also possibility)

A friend used to have this, where he would loose patches of hair in circular shape. Doctor mentioned it would grow back and it did without any medication.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 09:27   #3644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What should one do under such situations now? There are very senior citizens in some of the apartments in our complex, including my own parents. All of them are well past 80, the oldest being 88. They are all ok, but one can never say at that age. Anyone may go suddenly at that age, like a lamp switch is turned off. A few are living alone, with their children living abroad. I am keeping an eye on them and taking care of their needs as best as I could.

How to secure a death certificate under such conditions?
We found professional doctors (as compared to rude cowards who shoo away those seeking help) in a proper mid-sized hospital. It ultimately boils down to the doctor's access to PPE kits. Without it they won't visit homes, least of all to certify a death. Proper hospitals would have a supply of PPE kits, compared to the smaller clinics such as the one I was chased out of.
locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 09:37   #3645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
. A few are living alone, with their children living abroad. I am keeping an eye on them and taking care of their needs as best as I could.

This is such an awesome thing to do.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks