Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 14:23   #3196
AZT
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Today's Mumbai Mirror headline was about patients being re admitted for breathing difficulties after being cured of Covid

Worrying trend among COVID patients; cured of virus, 22 return with pulmonary fibrosis
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 17:28   #3197
BHPian

I read some posts and some videos in them about COVID-19 being non-existent and some very good follow ups on that. Wanted to read them later, but seem to have disappeared now!.

Were they removed? Or am in the wrong thread?
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 18:15   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I read some posts and some videos in them about COVID-19 being non-existent and some very good follow ups on that. Wanted to read them later, but seem to have disappeared now!.

You are right - I came back to see the videos and cannot find them anywhere! It was in this thread for sure.
Old 4th August 2020, 18:38   #3199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Way back when the thread was young, it was decided that it would stick to mainline reliable information and that unlikely Whatsapp forwards and outlier theorizing would be excluded. That was announced, and acted on, several times.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 20:01   #3200
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I hope the question is not irrelevant to this thread.

I need a haircut badly as it has been almost 3 months since my last haircut.
The barber will come to my house and cut my hair in the backside of my house(open space so ventilation is there). He will sanitise all the scissors etc and the cloth to cover myself will be provided by me.
The whole process will take around 20 minutes(max.).
I know the barber so at most he would he asymtomatic carrier if at all.

What other precaution can I take?
Cutting them myself is not really an option.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th August 2020, 20:06   #3201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
Hello everyone,

The barber will come to my house and cut my hair in the backside of my house(open space so ventilation is there). He will sanitise all the scissors etc and the cloth to cover myself will be provided by me.

Thanks in advance.
Get yourself a hair clipper and do it yourself in 15 minutes flat. You can set the length and no hassle of a visiting barber or any risk of contracting the virus. Choose one from Amazon from a good seller. I ordered the Wahl Clipper and been using it for myself, dad and son.

Last edited by whencut86 : 4th August 2020 at 20:08. Reason: correction
whencut86 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 20:08   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
I think you are seeking assurance more than any legitimate advise; unless of course the MHA has issued a protocol on home calls by barbers.

Just go ahead man. Unless you or anyone else in your family has a medical condition, which should warrant prudence anyways.

How long can one live in a bubble?
hothatchaway is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 21:17   #3203
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Wear a mask. Press the mask with hand when he approaches ear region with scissor after releasing tie straps. Keep your eyes closed as much as possible. Avoid touching face with hands immediately after. Head for shower as soon as the trim is over. Enjoy!
proton is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 02:00   #3204
BHPian

Quote:
He will sanitise all the scissors etc and the cloth to cover myself will be provided by me.
5 months of hair growth was more than i could handle and i booked a home hair cut with urban clap for my son and I. The barber arrived on the dot, showed me his temperature reading on the app and we got started. He sanitized his stuff prior to use, tied on disposable aprons for us and generally did a good job. When he was trimming side burns and the line along the edges of our hairline he had to remove the mask and we held the mask close to our nose at that time. Closed eyes when he was in front of us. On his exit sanitized all surfaces he touched including the chair. Its been two weeks now and so far so good.
Have someone stand in the same room to ensure you are being reminded of stuff and to keep a general eye. Good luck!
diyguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 12:15   #3205
BHPian

Hi

I am trying to get information on whether Indian Nationals holding a valid B1/B2 Visa to the US can travel on the Vande Bharat flights being operated by Air india and United from New Delhi/Mumbai?

Need to travel for a medical emergency in the family.
Old 5th August 2020, 12:26   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
I checked the karnatake epass site and the TN epass site. My question is if I would need an epass to :
1. Leave TN
2. Enter Karnataka
e. Return back to TN from Karnataka.

will my MIL have to face 14 days quarantine if she enters Karnataka? I see a special category called "serious illness" on karnataka epass site. Is that good option to select?
You need e-pass to enter Karnataka. By road/ air, you will get stamped for a quarantine period: no way to escape that, irrespective of the category.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 12:33   #3207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post

Ideally, we would want to visit for a few days and return. How can that be legally achieved? can someone help?

Thanks in advance
This might help - https://indianexpress.com/article/in...-road-6450293/

If you're travelling by road, carry proof of address of the person you wish to meet. Carry a very recent negative test result for Covid. That seems to be the SOP.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 18:03   #3208
Senior - BHPian

I have a question for Doctors.

There has been a lot of hype regarding COVID-19 Vaccine. Everyday there are reports of human trials being succesfully conducted across the globe including India.

Comparing with common Flu (Influenza), however, we know that its vaccine exists since many years. Yet, every year, across the globe (particularly in the west), there are a number of deaths due to common flu.

Does that mean:

1) Vaccines are not effective at preventing complications from Flu ? In this case, what is the guarantee that COVID-19 vaccine offer 100% protection against the virus?

or

2) Not most people get themselves vaccinated against Flu - and hence the severe infections and deaths ?
Old 5th August 2020, 18:17   #3209
Senior - BHPian

@DCEite; All vaccines are only undergoing trials. So no availability to us. We will be lucky to see one before early 2021. We have the capacity to make a huge number of dosages in short time.

One thing which bugs me, remember the influenza vaccine, quite popular in the US. The virus mutates very fast, so they decide what to put in there every year. Older vaccines may be ineffective.

Covid is also a virus, so will it not mutate fast?

Also, most cases are mild. Our son picked it up while operating. They had no time to test the patient. The next day, the patient turned up positive. When tested he too was positive. Do you operate and save him/her or wait for the test. He had a mild cold and sore throat. Came back negative a week later. One more week of quarantine and he is done.
sgiitk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 18:30   #3210
Senior - BHPian

Just rant...
We are seeing many Politicians getting infected. Most have co-morbidities and have no serious issues.

Goes to show how early test and instant hospitalization really helps. This when people are spending days for test results, sometimes never getting ambulances or hospital rooms :(

And not to even mention the hospital/quarantine conditions for others.
srishiva is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks