Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 19:53   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Buying from AliExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
I had recently ordered a Bluetooth relay circuit and it came via Malaysia from China. You know what, in Malaysia they change the country of origin to MY from CN.
Hmm, consider my surprise when I ordered a KVM switch on amazon.in, for ₹3839. When the product got shipped, tracking started in China.

So I checked for the same product on Aliexpress and found it for $19, where as I paid $45 on Amazon.in, and the reseller made a neat profit. As you can see it cleared the customs in less than a day. I have no idea how much customs duty was paid, probably very less.

Buying from AliExpress-parcel.bmp.jpg
Samurai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 23:13   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
The app is still working fine for me. I hope to continue using it.
Many shipments are rerouted via Malaysia, Netherlands or Singapore anyway. The only issue would be if Indian banks stop accepting payments for them or if they themselves stop accepting orders from India.
My fears have come true. Aliexpress has itself stopped accepting orders from India. They don't even allow you to pay.
Lobogris is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 00:09   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My fears have come true. Aliexpress has itself stopped accepting orders from India. They don't even allow you to pay.
Interesting. A few weeks back I was looking at buying watches from reputed online stores like Jomashop, Creationwatches, etc. They all don't ship to India currently (they are doing it to our neighbors so it's not a region issue).

A lot of products on AliExpress were already not being offered to ship to India from over a month ago. But there were some sellers who were giving the option to ship to India. Is this now a site-wide situation?
Old 1st December 2020, 06:36   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
A lot of products on AliExpress were already not being offered to ship to India from over a month ago. But there were some sellers who were giving the option to ship to India. Is this now a site-wide situation?
Yes.They have a banner on the landing page itself stating that they can't do any sales in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying from AliExpress-screenshot_20201201_063638_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg  

Last edited by Lobogris : 1st December 2020 at 06:39.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 07:52   #140
Senior - BHPian

Even Bangood India has a similar banner. They say due to shipping delays, they have stopped accepting new orders. Frustrating. Suddenly, it looks like we have gone half a century back.
padmrajravi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 08:34   #141
Team-BHP Support

No such banner on the webpage via computer or at least not until now. I casually browsed, didn't ordered anything though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So I checked for the same product on Aliexpress and found it for $19, where as I paid $45 on Amazon.in, and the reseller made a neat profit.
If you factor the additional Air Courier charges, it might turn out same. 7 Days to India is probably not the usual Ali-express shipment time. There will be some invoice with the package too, I am not sure how does this pre-paid custom works for such small consignments or who is handling clearance. Some of the regular companies, like DHL/ FedEx charge much higher than the money you paid for your stuff, just for the clearance from us.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 09:50   #142
BHPian

Gearbest has also stopped shipping to India. I can finally say goodbye to my RC airplane and helicopter hobby. The ban on shipping will hit diy enthusiasts, 3d printing companies etc very badly. Innovation in India will suffer.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 09:57   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you factor the additional Air Courier charges, it might turn out same. 7 Days to India is probably not the usual Ali-express shipment time. There will be some invoice with the package too, I am not sure how does this pre-paid custom works for such small consignments or who is handling clearance. Some of the regular companies, like DHL/ FedEx charge much higher than the money you paid for your stuff, just for the clearance from us.
I was regularly buying from AliExpress until the pandemic. So I am aware of the charges. They always severely under-invoice, to keep the customs duty low. That is why I said they made a neat profit. This time I ordered on amazon.in to avoid China, but the order still ended up in China.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 10:16   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No such banner on the webpage via computer or at least not until now. I casually browsed, didn't ordered anything though.
+1 to this

Quote:
Yes.They have a banner on the landing page itself stating that they can't do any sales in India.
Is that banner on the app? I just logged in the mobile website and selected a random product - I could pick one of the source location (China) and go till the payment page - no issues faced or any banner/message.

Maybe someone who's actually shopped through AliExpress over the last few days can comment if the delivery on ground is actually happening.
Old 1st December 2020, 10:25   #145
Senior - BHPian

This is what I am getting after opening the app.

Buying from AliExpress-screenshot_20201201102338_aliexpress.jpg

I placed numerous orders during the November sale and all of the items got shipped before the banning of the app. So wondering if I will get the items or not.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 10:47   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you factor the additional Air Courier charges, it might turn out same. 7 Days to India is probably not the usual Ali-express shipment time.
I bought a few aircraft/military scale models and some aviation merchandise from aliexpress. There were times when I received the package within 10 days of shipment from CN and at times nearly a month. It was dow nto one's luck and customs clearance backlog at entry airports I guess. I paid nominal shipping charges choosing "Aliexpress Standard Shipping" as the shipping method. It was essentially Registered Post but always came faster than the "Free" "China Post Registered Mail" option.

FedEx/DHL shipping option is understandably costly and not worth it as the shipping costs cost much more than the value of the product itself.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 11:07   #147
BHPian

My son managed to pry open and misplace the lock/latch of my action camera waterproof case. Instead of purchasing a new case for about a 1000 bucks purchased a replacement lock for about 100 bucks from aliexpress. Purchased from 2 diff sellers to increase the odds of actually getting the item, however, both are in transit since early October :(

I guess I will have to suck it up and purchase a "made in china, purchased from Amazon India" case...
Old 1st December 2020, 11:19   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Gearbest has also stopped shipping to India. I can finally say goodbye to my RC airplane and helicopter hobby. The ban on shipping will hit diy enthusiasts, 3d printing companies etc very badly. Innovation in India will suffer.
Have you checked this website - Robu yet?!

Has a lot of items that you would need for the hobby.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 00:50   #149
Senior - BHPian

So I am in a dilemma. An item I ordered from Aliexpress is marked as shipped and the tracking information says "awaiting pickup". I received a message from the seller stating that they don't have an option to ship to India and if I cancel the order and they will refund. But there is no option to cancel a "shipped" item. So I have messaged back to the seller to cancel from their end.

PS: The site no longer opens for me and have to use a VPN.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 11:41   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
Aliexpress/Seller is currently routing some parcels through Malaysia to India.Can someone shed some light regarding the transit time.My order, when tracked, is showing as en-route to India since 04/11/20.
So the second item I ordered reached last week.The package "country of origin” was mentioned as Solomon Islands.
maheshm619 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks