BHPian

Re: H1B visa -Your Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Yes tremendously. Thanks
You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
Wish there was a thanks button. You explained it very well in a nutshell. Will help all prospective aspirants about the process right from filing through interview.
You are welcome.
I am glad that the information I shared was useful to you and you find that it will be useful to others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
@Coolfyre. Thanks for a detailed explanation. I really wish there was a Thanks button, at least for your post .
You are welcome.
I am glad that the information I shared is useful to you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
I have one question for you.
Prior running lottery, i think, they will give some unique number to each application and then they run the lottery on these numbers. And i think this unique number is the receipt number.
And after lottery, they will notify all people. whose receipts were selected and whose were rejected. or Am i missing something?
You are correct. A unique number is given to each application received and then they run the lottery on these numbers using some computer based algorithm to randomly select the required number of applications for further processing.

As far as I know, these unique numbers are not the same as receipt numbers. This is something that is internal to the USCIS processes and I don't think USCIS gives out any information related to these numbers.

The selected applications from the lottery are sent to the USCIS service centers for further processing. The receipt numbers are given based on which service center is processing the application.
For example, the application being processed by the Vermont Service Center will start with EAC whereas the one being processed by California Service Center will start with WAC.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited by coolfyre : 15th April 2014 at 13:40.
Old 5th May 2014, 14:47   #167
BHPian

Ok. So my employer uploaded something called as a form I-797C which also has a receipt number starting with EAC. Does this mean that I am through lottery.

In the USCIS status check link that Coolfyre has given, my status is showing as Initial Review. How long does the whole review process take?

Thanks in advance
Old 5th May 2014, 14:51   #168
Team-BHP Support

Damn, this H1B is getting more complex than Quantum Physics. There was a time when I personally did the entire thing myself, even the stuff from the employer's side.
Old 5th May 2014, 23:01   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Ok. So my employer uploaded something called as a form I-797C which also has a receipt number starting with EAC. Does this mean that I am through lottery.

In the USCIS status check link that Coolfyre has given, my status is showing as Initial Review. How long does the whole review process take?

Thanks in advance
Yup. Your application has been accepted through lottery. While there is no definite date, it will usually take 2-3 months before it moves from Initial Review to Post decision activity which means you can schedule an interview. In case USCIS feels the documentation is insufficient, the status will move to RFE.
Old 7th May 2014, 18:37   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But one good news I heard was that wives of H1-B holders can now work in US. That was an unfairness they had imposed for 20+ years, for no sound reason at all.
This is almost confirmed now:
http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014...eforms/361820/

In two months, this will come into effect. However, the news mentions that spouses of only those H1B applicants whose green card process is underway will be allowed to work. I know a few H1B holders here who have not started the GC process.
Old 16th May 2014, 00:41   #171

Anyone got their results yet, i am still waiting for news from my company.
Old 16th May 2014, 12:00   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.machine View Post
Anyone got their results yet, i am still waiting for news from my company.
Same situation here, if the cheque provided by the company during the application is en-cashed, then all is well. Otherwise, better luck next time.

Last year, the results were announced for a few during May last week in our firm.
Old 16th May 2014, 16:55   #173

We have been told end of May now for the results, this is just stretching too long and the suspense is damning!
Old 16th May 2014, 18:48   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have been told end of May now for the results, this is just stretching too long and the suspense is damning!
Some of the people i know have already got news that their applications have been selected for processing.
So, If you have not heard any news till now, it probably means you didn't make it through the lottery. But that doesn't mean that there is no hope. Among the chosen applications, there will be some that will trigger an RFE (Request for Evidence) by USICS. If those applicants fail to respond, then their slots might become available to those who didn't make it through. Probably that is why you have been told end of May.
Good luck!
Old 16th May 2014, 18:52   #175

Hmm interesting POV, however, from what I understand from my colleagues in Accenture and Infosys, none of the companies have yet come forward with any information on H1B. Anyone on the forum from the above 2 companies and shed some light.
Old 16th May 2014, 23:44   #176
gemi_kk

Quote:
Hmm interesting POV, however, from what I understand from my colleagues in Accenture and Infosys, none of the companies have yet come forward with any information on H1B. Anyone on the forum from the above 2 companies and shed some light.
The selection was purely dependent on the "LCA from" clause, in one of the above company, some got the confirmations, who had LCA from MS. Not sure of the rest.

Old 19th May 2014, 20:16   #177

Lottery results have been announced today and i unfortunately did not make the cut :(. Time for plan B.
Old 20th May 2014, 11:46   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Lottery results have been announced today and i unfortunately did not make the cut :(. Time for plan B.
Can you please share the link to view the lottery results or did you hear from employer?
Old 20th May 2014, 12:55   #179

I heard it from the employer.
Old 20th May 2014, 14:26   #180
Team-BHP Support

There is no link, the info is shared with the employer or the company that has filed, and it started coming since almost 3-4 weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks