You Tube Music 55 13.48%
Google Music 14 3.43%
Some other 95 23.28%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2019, 18:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Which music streaming platform do you prefer?

I use the app mostly via Android Auto and prefer Pandora.

I tried Amazon Prime, Spofity and YouTube Music. For some reason, I just like the way Pandora selects the songs and I felt it had a better variety.

My Vote goes to Other.
Old 28th October 2019, 18:53   #47
J4J
BHPian

I use Amazon prime music. Its simple to use and it offers me good collection of regional songs.
I have used Spotify. No complaints with it but prime music gets the work done for me.
Very soon, I may switch to YouTube music as I have started to like the YouTube algorithm.
Old 28th October 2019, 21:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

I've been using Apple Music. I mainly play Tamil film music when on a drive. I haven't tried the others, I also have subscribed to Ilayaraaja's Maestro app, but kids don't like the old songs.
Old 28th October 2019, 22:57   #49
BHPian

My primary app is Apple Music. It has a great western collection, brilliant personalized recommendations, and the family plan (5 individual users) is cheap at only Rs 190 a month.

I also have subscriptions for Spotify, Youtube Premium, Prime Music as well, but these see much lesser usage.
Old 28th October 2019, 23:10   #50
BHPian

One of the few who still used Google Music. Much of it because its
(1) Integration with Android Auto is near flawless
(2) Playlists / Radio is fairly ok
(3) Content wise (Hindi Music) is probably the best

Other than that, I have a Spotify subscription - but its typically for English/Jazz/Acoustic.

Prime music is ridiculously bad with Android Auto, they now have another thing called Music Unlimited which is 8 bucks a month, it is a bit better but nothing out of the world. Most of my music consumption is while I drive, which is split into Podcasts (40% typically), Sirius XM (25%) and rest being Music on Android Auto.

I would give Spotify a bit more weight-age had I not been mostly into Hindi Music.
Old 28th October 2019, 23:51   #51
BHPian

For me it is Gaana. I have tried Amazon, Google play and Spotify but I get most of my favourite music on Gaana.
Old 29th October 2019, 12:45   #52
BHPian

I use both Apple Music and Spotify.
Old 30th October 2019, 00:05   #53
BHPian

Use only Tidal (Turkey account to cut costs). Though it doesn't have a great collection of Indian albums, the international album and lossless format make up for that.
Old 30th October 2019, 00:12   #54
BHPian

I switch between songs database on my phone (~80 GB) and Gaana app. Mostly, I prefer Radios on Gaana.
Old 30th October 2019, 00:20   #55
BHPian

I use Google Play Music and Youtube Music. My experience with both has been great so far. I use it all the time with Android Auto phone app on my Pixel. Works flawlessly. My only gripe - The "Driving Mode" on Android (Not Android Auto) does not recognise Youtube Music yet. Only Google Play Music is available.

An interesting difference between the two services: Google Play Music understands how to play "connected songs" well. For instance, Kraftwerk's Trans Europe Express is an 11 minute song but it ships as a collection of three songs (7 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes etc). GPM plays it perfectly with no break when the first song ends and the second song begins. Unfortunately YTM introduces a second gap between the songs resulting in a jarring experience.

YTM integrates well with the Google Home devices too. Have a multitude of them where I live.
Old 30th October 2019, 15:50   #56
BHPian

I voted Other. I use Apple Music mostly. Next in terms of use is Amazon Prime.
Old 1st November 2019, 16:47   #57
BHPian

Using Jiosaavn and I like it. Exhaustive collection of regional music and nice user interface too. Paid some 200 I think. Good VFM.

Occasionally use DI.FM. Have downloaded Spotify based on the recommendations from this thread. Could not use it much so far or rather I should say, my current music needs are being met by Jiosaavn and YouTube well.
Old 1st November 2019, 17:19   #58
BHPian

I am using YouTube music. I got the premium with family plan, which allows 6 people including me to use the features. I use the YouTube videos also to listen to music since the premium plan has a feature to play the video even after the phone is locked. Also got the Chromecast Video and stopped the Airtel Cable connection now.
Old 3rd November 2019, 15:51   #59
BHPian

I prefer Amazon Music and Saavn. The Free Spotify membership in India is overrated. Many popular artists like Linkin Park, Bruno Mars, Oasis are greyed out (currently unavailable). I personally found the sound quality offered by free Spotify to be too bright and artificially boosted.
Old 4th November 2019, 21:04   #60
BHPian

Which is the best purely from a sound quality standpoint? How do you extract the best from a 10 speaker Harman Kardon system? I've been using Gaana (Free version) and Youtube music here in the US but nothing seems to be satisfactory. I enjoy all kinds of music, Regional to Bollywood to Western. I'm definitely going in for a paid subscription to ensure the best quality. Also, does playing over BT instead of a hard-wired AUX plugin or Apple Play significantly impact output?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks