Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:26   #121
BHPian

Need Information about Reliable Packer and movers for Car Transportation

Hi All,

I want to shift my car from Delhi to Bangalore. It could be really great if you people can inform me about reliable Pakers and movers guys for car transportation . Also, please provide me idea about how much i have to pay for that. My car is Ritz VDI.

Thanks in advance,
Sachin Chaudhary
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:02   #122
BHPian

re: Need Information about Reliable Packer and movers for Car Transportation

These days, I frequently see an Agarwal Packers' flatbed truck with a vehicle loaded on it doing rounds in NOIDA. Looks like they are advertising this offering. You may want to check with them.
Old 10th December 2011, 15:32   #123
BHPian

Transport bike from Pune to Kerala

MODs, I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this thread. SO please re-position accordingly.

BHPians,
Can you please suggest how I can transport my brother's bike from Pune to Kerala via train? I'm sure the process has to be complicated so thought it's better I ask 2 weeks in advance.

Thanks
Memphes.d
Old 10th December 2011, 16:21   #124
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transport bike from Pune to Kerala

If you have direct train connecting Pune to the destination, it will be easy otherwise they create headaches. You can book the parcel (bike) against a valid ticket which is from Pune to Kerala (destination). Without a ticket, sometimes they create problems (depends upon the guy at the booking counter). Problem is if there is no direct train to the destination, luggage gets delayed and damaged during transit, so railways try to avoid this route.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 10th December 2011 at 16:26.
Old 10th December 2011, 16:22   #125
Senior - BHPian

Google is your friend

Remains of the Day: Transporting a motorcycle in India
Transporting your motorcycle by train | Yogesh Sarkar
. read hari's thread below too
Old 10th December 2011, 17:38   #126
BHPian

As suggested above transport the bike in train along with you travelling in it. The ticket for the bike would be linked to your ticket. Packing can be done at the station itself. Board the bike into the carriage van under your supervision. Make sure bike is on center stand and in a corner.

In case there is no direct train or you are not traveling in the train, it's suggested transport the bike by road.

Don't forget to get the NOC for the bike before transporting it.
Old 10th December 2011, 18:05   #127
Senior - BHPian

Um, you're in bangalore right? Have him put it on a volvo to blore (with the proper precautions taken - tank seperated and drained etc), and then from blore to wherever it is in kerala.
Old 10th December 2011, 18:13   #128
Senior - BHPian

If it is the RE you want to transport, why not ride it down? Its a beautiful ride down to Kerala

If it is the Pulsar, Transportation is a better option. Its actually quite an easy and cheap process if you stay away from any and all 'agents' at Pune station apart from the packer guys. If you book it as a parcel, a valid ticket is not required and also comes out cheaper.

If you book it as a luggage, a valid ticket is required and the tariff is also higher.

Needless to say, luggage is the more convenient option since the 'luggage' is off loaded by default at the station you are getting off and the you have instant access to the cargo.
Old 10th December 2011, 19:11   #129
Senior - BHPian

There are direct trains from Pune to Ernakulam/TVM via Palghat/Konkan. Just book a parcel, its easy.

Here are some trains:

12520 Pune - Ernakulam (Via Konkan)
16331 Pune - Trivandrum (Via Palghat)
16381 Pune - Kanyakumari (Via Palghat)
Old 10th December 2011, 20:35   #130
BHPian

Try GATI Express Cargo. I have used their services many times.
Old 11th December 2011, 11:39   #131
BHPian

As always, no wonder how this forum kicks some a**. It's you guys. From what I read, 'luggage' by train would be the best and cheapest option. Initially, the plan was that my bro would have to transport his HH HUNK to Kerala and that he would come to Bangalore. Since luggage is a much more trackable and viable option, I think I'm gonna book him and his babe on a train from Pune to Kannur (kerala).

One last question, is there a way I can do the luggage booking online? I guess not. Been fishing on the irctc website all day. Nevertheless.
Old 8th May 2012, 12:04   #132
BHPian

Re: Car Transportation without Insurance...Big Mistake?

I am planning to transport my car from Bangalore and looking for some good transporters. How has been the general experience with Agarwal and leo transporters ? Do they also leave scope for bargaining ? money apart, I am just bothered about receiving my car back without scratches or damages
Additionally, is it preferred to go for these companies or local contacts who generally tap the empty spaces in car carriers and transport the car at a little lower cost ?
Old 8th May 2012, 12:14   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics
I am planning to transport my car from Bangalore and looking for some good transporters. How has been the general experience with Agarwal and leo transporters ? Do they also leave scope for bargaining ? money apart, I am just bothered about receiving my car back without scratches or damages
Additionally, is it preferred to go for these companies or local contacts who generally tap the empty spaces in car carriers and transport the car at a little lower cost ?
Where are you transporting your car to? I recently sent my car to Delhi from bangalore. Used skywing packers and movers. I had used them earlier 2 years back when I came to bangalore from noida. I received car in good condition (though without any petrol) in a weeks time and they delivered it at our home in sahibabad
Old 2nd September 2012, 13:39   #134
BHPian

car from mumbai to bangalore

Guys,

need to move my old honda city (1999 model 92k kms on board) from mumbai to bangalore. was contemplating a drive down, but with the age of the car and no safety features, have decided against it.

Now for packers:

enquired with a couple after reading on tbhp.

agarwal: 14k
leo packers (apparently there are 2 similar sites): 10500
skywing packers: 9k

anyone has had any experience with skywing. Since i will be selling off the car in bangalore, i want to get it sent at the cheapest cost.
Old 2nd September 2012, 13:55   #135
BHPian

Re: Car Transportation without Insurance...Big Mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Where are you transporting your car to? I recently sent my car to Delhi from bangalore. Used skywing packers and movers. I had used them earlier 2 years back when I came to bangalore from noida. I received car in good condition (though without any petrol) in a weeks time and they delivered it at our home in sahibabad
HI,

Anyone else has any experience with Skywing packers?

they seem to be quoting the lowest for transport of my car to bangalore from mumbai. never heard of them before so just wanted to get some feedback

sorry for the back to back post. they were on different threads but was moved.

Last edited by funkyp : 2nd September 2012 at 14:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks