Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 13:35   #166
Senior - BHPian

Bike transportation to Trivandrum from Delhi

Dear friends,

I am looking to transport a bike from Delhi to Trivandrum, bike came with an RC and Sale letter. No insurance and no other papers. It’s not in running condition. Please suggest its very urgent

Mods: I searched the forum for similar threads and I was unable to find related topics, Kindly merge discussions on this topic already exists

Pramod
Old 30th July 2014, 13:41   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bike transportation to Trivandrum from Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Dear friends,

I am looking to transport a bike from Delhi to Trivandrum, bike came with an RC and Sale letter. No insurance and no other papers. It’s not in running condition. Please suggest its very urgent

Pramod
I think train would be cheaper. You may take a third party insurance locally before sending by train.

More info
Old 29th October 2014, 18:39   #168
BHPian

Re: Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I sincerely wish that I had read this thread earlier on, I would have taken time off to drive one of the vehicles from DEL >> BLR and the other one back.

While I can understand that it may not always be practically possible for the vehicles to be driven across states but that does remain the most fun way to do the job. Ciao
Hi Khoj,

Are you still up for driving from DEL - BLR? I need to take the car (Chevy Cruze) back to Bangalore some time around 10th November. I am traveling until 9th and considering the option of sending by cargo too but wanted to give 'driving down' a thought too
Old 29th October 2014, 21:20   #169
Senior - BHPian

Hey evoque, thank you for the offer. I am always game for a drive and would have loved to do it but the timing does not suit at all. Just coming out of the holiday mode and it's nose back to the grind stone time. Will have to excuse myself from this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Hi Khoj,

Are you still up for driving from DEL - BLR? I need to take the car (Chevy Cruze) back to Bangalore some time around 10th November. I am traveling until 9th and considering the option of sending by cargo too but wanted to give 'driving down' a thought too
Old 4th November 2014, 23:59   #170

Hi Evoque

I may need to travel to Chennai for couple of months, and may need to ship a vehicle from NCR to Blore/Chennai for my usage.

If you do decide about shipping via a packer/mover, we can get a better deal on 2 vehicles. I have some friends in Blore who can take delivery of my vehicle.

My travel plans are not yet finalized, however do let me know what quote do you get for two vehicles. I am thinking of transporting the Jeep.

Thanks
Manjeet
Old 5th November 2014, 21:12   #171

Chennai plans on hold.

Thanks
Manjeet
Old 8th November 2014, 14:13   #172
BHPian

Very interesting thread. I am also stuck up with such an important thought now. I will have to take my Yamaha Ray to my native town in Tamilnadu. Following are the options considered:

Packers and movers- They charge a bomb. Not worth

Parcel service- Price is reasonable. But it is highly probable that there could be some damages to the scooter due to dumping of parcels in one truck and rough driving by the lorry drivers

Train- Could be worth considering as the price for transporting the scooter is hardly 180 Rs as per the train luggage price chart (Scooter weight around 100 kgs, based on which I have assumed this price- Please correct me if I am wrong). But really do not know how difficult will it be interacting with the railway guys. The last train destination station is at around 100 kms far away from my native town, so I will have to ride the scooter for 100 kms from the station to my native town.

Last option

Ride the scooter myself from Bangalore to my native town – 470 kms.
Yes you heard it right and I am perfectly alright and I am sane. Many would have heard that motorcycle enthusiasts touring on RE machines, but my crazy idea of riding a scooter for 470 kms is something beyond imaginations. I also want to tour on my TBTS 350, though that good time has arrived, but off course in a different form, that is on my scooter!!!

Anyways jokes apart. The main concern is whether this idea is possible or not. The parameters are as follows:
Distance- 470 kms
Climate- Manageable
Average Speed- 60-65 kmph to have a good control over the scooter for efficient braking etc.
Road conditions- great - 90% no issues except few rough patches
Time required – Around 12 hours
Cost average- Rs. 1000

Please suggest me whether this stunt is possible or not. Will the scooter sustain such a hard exercise. If yes, what are the precautions that I should take for myself and the scooter.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rki2007 : 8th November 2014 at 14:20.
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:30   #173
BHPian

Hi guys, it seems my plan to relocate to Delhi is taking time and might take quite long. In the meanwhile I am thinking of getting my new Harley Superlow to hyderabad. I was initially thinking of riding it down, but given the complexity of the bike (as per indian mechanics' standards) I'm quite skeptical about it. So i'm planning to get it down to Hyd via transport.
So wanted to know about any good and reliable transport companies with travel insurance, any damage would catastrophically burn my pocket.
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:52   #174
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

What would be the approximate cost of transporting a car from PUNE to BANGALORE?

Thanks in advance...
Old 5th February 2016, 09:29   #175
BHPian

Hi,

I want to transport 2 non running cars from Hyderabad to Kolkata along with few spare parts packed in Trunk cases. what is the best way. Can someone suggest a Closed container truck with ramp, which can pick them from the door steps of the sender to the door step of the receiver.

Thanks & Regards

Last edited by jagadeesh.b : 5th February 2016 at 09:40. Reason: spelling Mistake
Old 5th February 2016, 18:24   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Please suggest me whether this stunt is possible or not. Will the scooter sustain such a hard exercise.
Bit too late for you, but might help others. I rode my Suzuki Access around 400 km. It is very much possible and the scooter will manage. To avoid a pain in the rear (literally ) I'd suggest split in 2 days. Leave Bangalore in the afternoon and sleep overnight on the way and do the rest next day.

The next best option is to take it in train.

Don't ever trust your scooter with a parcel service.
Old 5th February 2016, 18:27   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Bit too late for you, but might help others. I rode my Suzuki Access around 400 km. It is very much possible and the scooter will manage. To avoid a pain in the rear (literally ) I'd suggest split in 2 days. Leave Bangalore in the afternoon and sleep overnight on the way and do the rest next day.

The next best option is to take it in train.

Don't ever trust your scooter with a parcel service.
Thanks for your reply. But I had already transported my scooter through parcel service. There were not many damages because of the extreme caution that I had taken for packing.
Old 5th February 2016, 18:28   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi,

I want to transport 2 non running cars from Hyderabad to Kolkata along with few spare parts packed in Trunk cases. what is the best way. Can someone suggest a Closed container truck with ramp, which can pick them from the door steps of the sender to the door step of the receiver.

Thanks & Regards
All do. Get in touch with Agrawal Packers or Leo. They all can provide you a similar service. Cost for this should not be more than 15k to 16k per car. In fact since you are planning to move 2 cars (I dont know your cars dimensions) you may as well bargain for a better rate than the 30 or 32k that the packer guys may quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

What would be the approximate cost of transporting a car from PUNE to BANGALORE?

Thanks in advance...
Calculate at approx Rs.10 per kilometer if you are planning to transport by a truck.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th February 2016 at 18:29.
Old 16th February 2016, 20:47   #179
BHPian

I need to send my brother's classic 500 by train as a parcel from Bangalore to Dibrugarh. His friends had enquired at the parcel office and were told that it would take 2 months!! They then contacted an agent, who quoted 17k per bike. Another agent asked for 8k per bike.
My friend had earlier parceled a bike to a guy in Gujarat for Rs 1600. So naturally I feel that this agent is taking us for a ride by quoting 8k.
Can someone help? I'm not a local of Bangalore, so do not know who to approach.
Old 22nd February 2016, 06:55   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I need to send my brother's classic 500 by train as a parcel from Bangalore to Dibrugarh:
As it was too late to send it from Bangalore on that day, I did the next thing that occured to me. I drove it down 600kms to my hometown, kottayam.

At Kottayam railway station, I went searching for the parcel office, which I eventually found by walking to where a bunch of porters were standing around. They showed me the parcel office. The guy at counter was nice and asked for my vehicle details. He calculated the cost and let me know, so that I could get the money.

Meanwhile, the porters had emptied the petrol from the tank. They told me to keep the engine running, so that the rest of fuel would also finish. I wonder what will happen to the electrical feed pump due to this. After this they tied plastic gunny to the head light (with some soft material for the headlight), tank and the seat. The lower part of the bike remains exposed.

We had to fill in a form, which the person at counter used to fill up the receipt book. We need to provide the RC book and identity proof of the person who is sending the bike. Anybody can send the bike, but only the name in RC book comes in the receipt for getting the bike back.

The total cost came up to approx Rs4600 for the transportation (Kottayam to Dibrugarh) and rs600 for the packing. Actual packing charges are Rs500, but bakshish seems to be in order for the heavy bike, so I agreed for Rs600 (They had asked for Rs700 initially).

The whole experience was smooth. Only, I hope they have loaded the bike on the friday early morning train from kottayam. This worry is because while we were waiting there for the packing, the counter guy was admonishing someone else for overlooking a package that was supposed to have been sent a week back!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks