Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2012, 14:02   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: car from mumbai to bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Guys,

need to move my old honda city (1999 model 92k kms on board) from mumbai to bangalore. was contemplating a drive down, but with the age of the car and no safety features, have decided against it.

Now for packers:

enquired with a couple after reading on tbhp.

agarwal: 14k
leo packers (apparently there are 2 similar sites): 10500
skywing packers: 9k

anyone has had any experience with skywing. Since i will be selling off the car in bangalore, i want to get it sent at the cheapest cost.
I would recommend you to drive it. Nothing against packers, but having sent a bike several times (Pune-Chennai / Pune-Jamshedpur / Jamshedpur-Chennai / Bangalore-Ahmedabad) in the past via Packers/train, I find driving option a less of an hassle than anything else. Mind you it wouldn't come as the most-cost effective option, however there are quite a few intangibles that you wouldn't have to worry about when taking that option.

My parents used an improvised option - they got a driver to drive the car from Baroda to Chennai, stopping over as and when required. In your case, an overnight drive / a full day drive should be more than enough.

Edit: See if you can get someone to co-drive. I once helped a friend take his age old Santro from Pune to Bangalore. We shared the drive, stopped over at Kolhapur for the night, and had a blast of a weekend. This was in 2005 when the GQ was being constructed with several sections in bad shape. Neither was the car - we could hardly take it above 80. The drive started on Friday evening, we landed in Bangalore on Saturday night, took a train back to Pune on Sunday morning; and back in office on Monday.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 2nd September 2012 at 14:08.
Old 2nd September 2012, 14:14   #137
BHPian

Re: car from mumbai to bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I would recommend you to drive it. Nothing against packers, but having sent a bike several times (Pune-Chennai / Pune-Jamshedpur / Jamshedpur-Chennai / Bangalore-Ahmedabad) in the past via Packers/train, I find driving option a less of an hassle than anything else.
did think of that, however, driving 1000 odd kms in a 11 yr old car, which has done 92k km, and doesnt have any safety feature, did not seem like a wise choice.
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:25   #138
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Transportation without Insurance...Big Mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
HI,

Anyone else has any experience with Skywing packers?

they seem to be quoting the lowest for transport of my car to bangalore from mumbai. never heard of them before so just wanted to get some feedback

sorry for the back to back post. they were on different threads but was moved.
Mumbai to Bangalore you might want to drive yourself. It might be the better option

have sent you a PM regarding the P/M
Old 14th October 2012, 15:39   #139
BHPian

Re: Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?

Hi,

I want to transport my bike from Mumbai to Guwahati for a ride. Can anyone tell me the names of some reliable transporters?

Also, what should be a reasonable price and how much time should it take? I have enquired and got quotes for price ranging from Rs 5,500 to 8,500, and time estimates from 6 days to 20 days.
Old 16th March 2013, 22:09   #140
BHPian

Any idea how much it would cost these days to transfer a car from trivandrum to delhi? A rough guess would be good enough. And how many days would it normally take?
Old 6th May 2013, 11:04   #141
BHPian

Guys,

I need to transport my car from Bangalore to Delhi this week. Which is the best and VFM transporter?

Agarwal packers and movers are asking for 15.5k (too high charges). Any feedback on other transporters?

Regards
Old 17th June 2013, 15:27   #142

Transportation of a brand new motorcycle

Dear Fellow TBHPians,

I am in a bit of a quandary. I have a bought a brand new RE Classic 350. I bought it from Chandrapur, Maharashtra and I am living in Pune, Maharashtra. My motorcycle got registered today i.e. on Monday 17th June 2013 (17/06/2013). Now I want to have my motorcycle with me ASAP (which is very obvious to everyone).

Now the situation is as follows:

1. The RC book or Registration Certificate is delivered by RTO by post directly at the registered address. This takes 1 month's time.

2. No transport company or railways will transport a motorcycle without RC copy as far as I have inquired.

So can any of you please suggest me some way out of this so that I can get my bike transported to me ASAP. Any suggestions will be very welcome.

help me

Thanks and regards,

JC
Old 17th June 2013, 15:44   #143
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transportation of a brand new motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JassiBhpaji View Post
Dear Fellow TBHPians,

I am in a bit of a quandary. I have a bought a brand new RE Classic 350. I bought it from Chandrapur, Maharashtra and I am living in Pune, Maharashtra. My motorcycle got registered today i.e. on Monday 17th June 2013 (17/06/2013). Now I want to have my motorcycle with me ASAP (which is very obvious to everyone).

1. The RC book or Registration Certificate is delivered by RTO by post directly at the registered address. This takes 1 month's time.

2. No transport company or railways will transport a motorcycle without RC copy as far as I have inquired.

So can any of you please suggest me some way out of this so that I can get my bike transported to me ASAP. Any suggestions will be very welcome.

help me

Thanks and regards,

JC
Run it around the place till u do 500km. I did 200km by 11pm the night i bought my car (didnt want to run it in in clutch to clutch office traffic!). Then ride it over. ideal run-in ride!
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 15:47   #144
Senior - BHPian

Without RC, I don't think you can bring the bike legally through any train or big names transporters. RC book is the only thing that proves your legal ownership. Without that, your bike may get stuck at clearance for one month, even if it does get loaded somehow from Chandrapur. If you know some local transporter that sends local produce or something to Pune, you may be able to convince them.

Otherwise wait for one month. Better yet, get a friend to come with you and ride it home. Best run-in your bike can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JassiBhpaji View Post

JC
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 15:54   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Run it around the place till u do 500km. I did 200km by 11pm the night i bought my car (didnt want to run it in in clutch to clutch office traffic!). Then ride it over. ideal run-in ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Without RC, I don't think you can bring the bike legally through any train or big names transporters. RC book is the only thing that proves your legal ownership. Without that, your bike may get stuck at clearance for one month, even if it does get loaded somehow from Chandrapur. If you know some local transporter that sends local produce or something to Pune, you may be able to convince them.

Otherwise wait for one month. Better yet, get a friend to come with you and ride it home. Best run-in your bike can get!
Thank you guys. You just said what I was thinking . Its just the matter of convincing parents for this ride. One can never get old enough for them. Its a 800km ride so will have to plan for it. I hope one weekend should be enough. Thanks again.
Old 17th June 2013, 16:03   #146
BHPian

I would suggest to wait till you get the RC book.

If you are very keen, then ride it yourself all the way!

Last edited by bulletboy76 : 17th June 2013 at 16:04. Reason: Original comment was meant for RE Queries thread
Old 17th June 2013, 16:16   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hello JassiBhpaji

It really does not make sense to wait for a month to get your bike which is waiting for you, barely 750km away!

Since a good run-in is a critical thing, especially on an RE, you could try transporting it through Packers & Movers or train. I understand that the bike is not registered, but hey, you must be having the Purchase Invoice from the dealer and Road Tax Receipt. These are more than enough to prove that the vehicle is yours.

If this doesn't work, why don't you spare a weekend and ride this 750 km over 2 full days, and finish your run-in?

If it was me, I would have definitely chosen the second option. Cannot think of putting a motorcycle on a bus / train ride if it is located in the same continent!
Old 24th June 2013, 12:33   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
but having sent a bike several times...in the past via Packers/train...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Without RC, I don't think you can bring the bike legally through any train or big names transporters.
I think I know the answer to y question, but anyway: Would the RC of a motorcycle have to be valid in order for the bike to get through without issues? My Roadking's RC expired last year. In order to renew, she needs to go home. Sending her by truck is my only option right now, so will she have problem with the border-post bandits?

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 24th June 2013, 13:21   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
I think I know the answer to y question, but anyway: Would the RC of a motorcycle have to be valid in order for the bike to get through without issues? My Roadking's RC expired last year. In order to renew, she needs to go home. Sending her by truck is my only option right now, so will she have problem with the border-post bandits?

Cheers,
Rahul
Never faced this scenario so far. But knowing how this industry works, I guess the $$ part would "solve" any issue. Guess others can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:34   #150

What I got to know so far from the transport guys is that if you do not have a RC the only problem occurs is at the octroi post. They ask for valid documents of the vehicle and if you do not have a valid RC they levy an octroi charge of around 5%

But if the transport guy is smart enough I think he could take care of it in the usual india 'jugaad' way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks