Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2007, 13:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wanna Bypass those long lines at the airport

Atlanta Airport May Soon Offer "Lexus Lanes" Program
The Atlanta airport may offer faster security lanes -- for a price.
Passengers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport may soon be able to go through special, speedy security checkpoints that will be quicker -- but it will come at a price.

The plan calls for the airport to charge users an annual fee of about $100 for access to the "Lexus Lanes." Users would undergo a background screening similar to a credit check.They would then be issued a special card that would contain biometric information such as a fingerprint, iris or other information specific to that person.Once a person's security information is cleared by the Transportation Security Administration, that person can use the private security lines.The passenger would still have to walk through a metal detector and bags would still go through an X-ray.

The world's busiest airport plans to seek proposals for the system from private companies within six weeks. Airport officials said yesterday the lanes could be operating on a limited scale at checkpoints by June.
The airport would implement the "Registered Traveler" system as a three-year pilot program, with the ability to cancel it with 30 days notice if problems occur.

Source:
Atlanta Airport May Soon Offer "Lexus Lanes" Program | | News, Weather and Sports for Macon, GA
Old 10th February 2007, 14:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i think thats a nice facility to have especially at Atlanta airport. In 2003, on the day after the Thanks giving weekend, i missed my flight in Atlanta airport due to long security check ques. I was stalled there for 12 hours.
Old 10th February 2007, 15:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

Atlanta airport is massive. One needs to take train to travel from one gate to another, and it has many stops.
Old 10th February 2007, 21:17   #4
BHPian

many canadian airports already got this. there is a machine which scans your eye. only citizens and permanent residents are eligible for this and there is an annual fee. its called CANPASS Air.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks