Good 162 29.83%
Neutral 194 35.73%
Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 11:58   #331
BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Its not straightforward that some one can simply buy from IKEA and just sell it as new in other platforms. The MRP is for retail selling for consumption by end user. You can resell it as new only if you are a reseller if IKEA follows that model. Else the entire thing is not legal.
Old 16th October 2022, 01:33   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
In that case they can quote the actual price and let the buyer know they are charging remaining 2/3rd for shipping. Its malpractice alright to hide the actual price of the item.
By 'they' you mean the seller, right?
Old 16th October 2022, 01:37   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Its not straightforward that some one can simply buy from IKEA and just sell it as new in other platforms. The MRP is for retail selling for consumption by end user. You can resell it as new only if you are a reseller if IKEA follows that model. Else the entire thing is not legal.
It all depends on how the seller describes the item he is selling. Sadly, it is as straightforward as me or you buying something from a shop and reselling it on Flipkart or Amazon or any other e-commerce website. That is how majority of 3rd party sellers earn revenue, that is how every reseller in the world earn his bread and butter.
Old 16th October 2022, 08:56   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Can I buy from IKEA, use that product to create another (in this case stick another label on top) and sell it as another product with a new MRP? If I have a GST number, I can get input tax credit and pay GST on my MRP. Perfectly legal, right?
Old 16th October 2022, 09:25   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
It all depends on how the seller describes the item he is selling. Sadly, it is as straightforward as me or you buying something from a shop and reselling it on Flipkart or Amazon or any other e-commerce website. That is how majority of 3rd party sellers earn revenue, that is how every reseller in the world earn his bread and butter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Can I buy from IKEA, use that product to create another (in this case stick another label on top) and sell it as another product with a new MRP? If I have a GST number, I can get input tax credit and pay GST on my MRP. Perfectly legal, right?
Yes you can do that as your own product but it is no longer an IKEA product and you can't use their brand name legally.
Old 25th September 2023, 16:56   #336
Senior - BHPian

Another game by Flipkart, The Pixel 6a price has been revised to 43999 before BBD. I guess they think we all are fools.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 17:34   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Another game by Flipkart, The Pixel 6a price has been revised to 43999 before BBD. I guess they think we all are fools.
That's how they will offer a 50% discount price of 22k during BBD. Not just Flipkart, even Amazon inflates the prices. One might get the product cheaper at offline stores but unfortunately Pixel is only sold on FK.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 18:35   #338
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
It's always been the case, that the prices of popular products are jacked up a few days before the sale, so that when people are comparing prices before the sale, it looks expensive and during the sale, it looks to be a great deal. This is where price tracker websites help, as they provide you with the highest, lowest, and average prices and price fluctuations each day, However, do keep in mind, that these don't take into account coupon discounts (like on Amazon), prepaid discounts, credit and debit card offers which are likely to be on the higher side during sales.

It clearly shows not a good time to buy
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-6a.png

The lowest price is Rs.24,999 which was been the case till 24/09/2023
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-6a-ch.png
bijims is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 19:10   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As long as it's within the box MRP I would think they are within their rights to advertise such a price
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:53   #340
Senior - BHPian

And there were some leaked deals yesterday where they showed that the 6a can be had for as low as 18,999 after 3k card discount. Not sure how many will be able to grab it at that price.
It anyway was selling around 25k and with the 7a introduced some months back, they will look at selling off all inventory of 6a so they can make 7a cheaper going forward (maybe around 35ish).

Its a good strategy. Clear the inventory of obsolete model + grab eyeballs for advertising it at 19k.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 10:32   #341
Senior - BHPian

Never imagined this thread would be so alive

I was just browsing through some deals and the prices on flipkart for a camera and an iphone i was looking at are same as pre sale days.

However the same iphone has dropped almost 3000 on amazon and the camera price has gone up by 2k on amazon, the sale is yet to start on amazon, i feel its all a big gimmick now, no prime day offers.

pramod
Old 27th September 2023, 11:13   #342
BHPian

Normally on Amazon, if you have an item in the cart or saved for later in cart, it shows the price change. I keep things planned for purchase in the cart when I browse and notice at least few days prior to Sale events, price keeps going UP. And on Sale day price of few items would be higher than when I added to cart. Unless I'm in a hurry or it's really a good price to buy someting, I don't buy items because sale is going on.
Old 27th September 2023, 12:13   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Normally on Amazon, if you have an item in the cart or saved for later in cart, it shows the price change.
The price drop shows up if you Wishlist the item too. I add items to the Wishlist well ahead and make the purchase only if there is a significant price drop. There has been price drops up to 60% on some items.
Old 2nd October 2023, 17:20   #344
BHPian

My experience with Flipkart has been always bad. After a long, I decided to order Sony 1000xm4 earbuds from them since there was a good discount with ICICI credit card. Today, at the time of delivery when delivery boy opened the box in front of me, there were old Philips earbuds. I made a small video of this.

Sometimes, I think that not sellers but these delivery agents or someone in shipping management do this type of cheating.

After this incident, I am again going away from Flipkart. I always do shopping with Amazon and never had any bad experiences.
Attached Thumbnails
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-img_2595.jpeg  

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-img_2594.jpeg  

manish_symc is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 11:52   #345
BHPian

Hi Team-BHPians,

This question is not related to any malpractices. I'm not sure where to put this query, hence, thought of putting it here.

In Flipkart, how do we come to know whether a product is "New" or "Refurbished". I haven't noticed those specific keywords anywhere mentioned in the product description page. Whereas in Amazon, they clearly describe it as New or Refurbished.

This query was there in my mind since I was thinking of buying a Bluetooth headphone with microphone from Flipkart since it was cheaper than Amazon. Almost, ₹15,000 difference which is huge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks