Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2022, 19:30   #316
BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi4Life View Post
I had been yearning for a hardcore gaming phone for a long time. After endless research, shortlisted the ASUS ROG Phone 5s. Unfortunately, Flipkart is the sole marketplace where ROG phones are sold by 3rd party sellers.
I have been using an ROG since 2 years. It's WORTH it. COD aside, as long as you opt for open box delivery, you are good and safe. I took delivery of a phone recently via this method, the delivery rep went to the extent of saying "don't you want to switch on the phone and see the model# in settings before giving me the OTP?" Wait for this to come back in stock and reorder. Video the unboxing done by the agent, that should do.

There are good people too out there. Keep at it.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 20:15   #317
BHPian

I have had very good experiences with both Flipkart and Amazon till date. I have bought a total of 6 tvs, many phones, deodorants, even a lot of groceries. The recent episode that i had with Amazon was funny. I had ordered a 2 litre pack of fabric conditioner which had an offer of 40 percent off. It was delivered. On opening the carton, I found a small quantity of the liquid had leaked out. I took a photo and initiated return and replace. Amazon said they would send a new pack and i could keep the damaged pack as well. As per the app, the replacement was on the way. On delivery day, I got a message saying this pack was damaged as well and was going back to seller. I got a refund and i have a package of fabric conditioner 95%full as well!
rajeevsulu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 02:38   #318
BHPian

I am a regular Amazon customer with prime membership and almost all of my major purchases are through them.

I use Flipkart only for redeeming gift coupons and exclusive items like phones.

In recent months I purchased some big ticket items like Mircrowave and Air Conditioner from Flipkart because I had to utilize gift coupons I got from my employer. I had no issues with delivery and items are working in good condition.

Recently I ordered a phone from flipkart during big billion sale as it was a good deal.

My phone arrived late by one day and was ultimately delivered next day. I was allowed to inspect phone and take a video which I did and booted the phone, verified the model from settings.

I had heard enough Flipkart horror stories and I would have cancelled my order had it been delayed any further.

My personal verdict is nuetral on Flipkart experience and I would only purchase from them if I have no other option. Amazon still wins for peace of mind.

For many electronic items, flipkart has stopped return policy and you would need to visit service center for any defects.

In India many online customers have been abusing the return policies and I have personally seen people ordering things just to try and return it in case they don't like it.

This has forced online players to be more stringent in return policies which impacts genuine customers .

Last edited by born_free : 6th October 2022 at 02:57.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 07:10   #319
Senior - BHPian

I realised FK phone exchange is a sham. I have a 6S 128G with new battery and glass screen protector from Apple Genius Bar. Body is like brand new as it has thick case right from day one. I dont know why I did this, but wanted to know the exchange price. The price offered was 4800 and I was curious if FK will really honour it. First thing he did as soon as he came was remove the expensive screen protector without even asking me. So this act of 'damage' would ensure I give it to him, and him only.

Next he fiddles with it for 40 minutes. He is a delivery boy, now pretending to be a techie. The Apple confounds him so he calls his boss, who patiently explains what to do. Then he asks for my home wifi, and 20 minutes later offers 2400. I was zapped at his brazen approach and sent him packing. Refusing to budge, he again knocks on my door and says he has fresh 'offer'. I threatened to have him jailed if he stayed a minute more. Was ruing losing that screen guard (You dont get good screen protectors for old models, in India). Next FK kept on contacting me over the week, offering to honour the price and were not giving back the 31K I'd paid for the iphone mini. I refused every overture and called them every few hours for my refund. Finally after 5 days the refund was credited. Later, on checking - Cashify offered 6800, but I will now retain this phone.

So dont hand over a perfectly good phone to these scam artists. Only if the phone is 'unsellable' due to any damage, consider an exchange proposition.

Last edited by Sebring : 6th October 2022 at 07:14.
Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 08:55   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I realised FK phone exchange is a sham. .
Had a similar experience when i tried exchanging my Moto Z play. Still have the phone and barring some strange battery drainage issue, the phone works.

One thing i have realised is everything in india is a scam. It doesn't matter if you have your own show on Netflix or you are a multi billion dollar company. Everyone is out to scam the other person.

Last edited by Red Liner : 6th October 2022 at 08:57.
Red Liner is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 10:00   #321
BHPian

Always check prices of electronic items from physical stores before ordering.

I recently bought a Xiaomi 12 pro.
Shop quoted me 47k for the 8 gb variant and 20k for my One plus 8 as exchange.
Amazon was selling this for 55k with 8k instant card discounts and was even offering me 25k for my Oneplus 8.
But there was a catch, after getting the cart value to 30k after exchange value, i wasn't able to redeem the 8k instant discount because minimum cart value for the offer to be redeem was 49k.
So i was loosing 3k overall even after getting 5k more for my Oneplus 8.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 10:07   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Later, on checking - Cashify offered 6800, but I will now retain this phone.
Cashify is no saint either. They have the exact same modus operandi.

They quoted 9k for a less than 2 years old Pixel 3a. When the guy came to pick up the phone, he quoted 5.5k because the screen had minor scratches (akin to swirl marks!). Then he says that's the advisory from his boss.

I asked him to cancel the order and I will retain the phone. Refusing to leave, he gets on a call with his boss. He then keeps on increasing his quote till I had enough of it and agreed for 7.5k.

My father always says this and I agree with him now - Buying things is easy, trouble is when time comes to sell/dispose it off.

OT but had to share the Cashify experience as well.
ashis89 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 10:54   #323
BHPian

If anyone wants to have a glimpse of the malpractices from Flipkart - please google Ikea lamp and you will find Flipkart selling it at 3 times the price which Ikea is selling. This is true with many items.
RunGaDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:15   #324
BHPian

We need to see the bigger picture. Flipkart is growing year on year, and it cannot grow like that on the foundation of malpractices alone.

There are a small percent of miscreant sellers who spoil the experience, and the key is to avoid them. I am a regular user (order history shows 1000 orders since 2021 - a lot of those are grocery I guess ) of flipkart, and am quite satisfied with the product mix, pricing, and policies.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 6th October 2022 at 11:16.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:19   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
If anyone wants to have a glimpse of the malpractices from Flipkart - please google Ikea lamp and you will find Flipkart selling it at 3 times the price which Ikea is selling. This is true with many items.
This is not a malpractice from Flipkart side but a seller trying to cash-in on the fact that IKEA products ship only to specific cities in India. This is prevalent in Amazon as well. It is upto the customer if he is willing to get it at that price. Flipkart or Amazon are in no way to blame for this IKEA product over-pricing issue. IKEA has to buck up and ship to many cities across India and this will go down automatically.
whencut86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 13:06   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
This is not a malpractice from Flipkart side but a seller trying to cash-in on the fact that IKEA products ship only to specific cities in India. This is prevalent in Amazon as well. It is upto the customer if he is willing to get it at that price. Flipkart or Amazon are in no way to blame for this IKEA product over-pricing issue. IKEA has to buck up and ship to many cities across India and this will go down automatically.
Even Amazon (& probably Flipkart too) has a policy where seller cannot sell for a price more than printed MRP. They ask you for the picture of MRP label if you have bought something over the MRP and often come hard on the seller; even blacklisting them. So, if that IKEA product is being sold higher than the MRP, it is a malpractice by the seller and the platform can act against the seller. If the price is still under the MRP, then obviously its your choice to buy or not. These days anyway there is a trend to inflate the MRP and then offer steep looking discounts on it.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 14:08   #327
BHPian

Quote:

So dont hand over a perfectly good phone to these scam artists. Only if the phone is 'unsellable' due to any damage, consider an exchange proposition.
Well done. My M31s has a armor guard and tempered glass from day 1. It is working perfectly well, but grossly inadequete for high end gaming performance. I know it is not a top end device, but INR 41xx seemed to be an undervaluation for FK's exchange offer. It has now dropped to INR 3350.
TDCi4Life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 15:00   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Even Amazon (& probably Flipkart too) has a policy where seller cannot sell for a price more than printed MRP. They ask you for the picture of MRP label if you have bought something over the MRP and often come hard on the seller; even blacklisting them. So, if that IKEA product is being sold higher than the MRP, it is a malpractice by the seller and the platform can act against the seller. If the price is still under the MRP, then obviously its your choice to buy or not. These days anyway there is a trend to inflate the MRP and then offer steep looking discounts on it.
IKEA products have a different and higher MRP than what is the selling price. So in most cases I have noticed that some of these sellers stick to the actual MRP and not the IKEA selling price. The other half remove the MRP tag and sell it in Flipkart or Amazon. I am skeptical if Amazon or Flipkart do run checks for the millions of products on offer to check MRP and selling price.
Old 6th October 2022, 19:05   #329
BHPian

I have bought a lot of IKEA products from Amazon at about twice the original price because IKEA does not ship to my location and their products are often worth it even at the bloated price. A couple of days I bought a Rs 99 item for Rs 330. There were sellers selling the same item from Rs 200, but decided to go with one who has more stars. I hope IKEA starts shipping pan India.

Quote:
I have a 6S
Same happened to me, but I paid the difference and kept the 6S. A few days later the same guy came for another exchange - a Realme Neo 3T in exchange for an old shabby Realme 3 pro for my FIL. Not a rupee deducted. Looks like this drama is only for Apple phones.

Last edited by dragonfire : 6th October 2022 at 19:09.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:13   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
In that case they can quote the actual price and let the buyer know they are charging remaining 2/3rd for shipping. Its malpractice alright to hide the actual price of the item.

Most Viewed