Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 10:58   #271
BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
I would blame Delhivery here more than Flipkart. I have had many similar experiences with them in the past.

Recently Fedex has also merged part of operations with Delhivery. This has caused even more problems.

Parcels are not picked up for days, very long delays, sent to the wrong address and returned to the shipper without trying hard to deliver.

It is really shameful and disappointing that after paying so much money and spending time waiting for the parcel to arrive we are the mercy of these last mile delivery guys who care a damn about the delivery.
I can say Delhivery is quite a rogue courier company. Once I received a lightning charging cable (thank God I have an iPhone) vs. a 2000mh battery bank I had ordered. Of course I realized couple of hours after the delivery. I raised a return request on Amazon. Delhivery agent came, said it is not a battery bank and refused to take the cable back. Really rude and stupid.

I called up the Amazon CC and explained. New return created. Agent came, refused, left. This happened around 9 times. After 2 requests, the Delhivery agents would never come to my house, and update the return status "customer refused return".

After maybe 15 calls (over a month), each 7-8 minutes. Amazon refunded me the battery bank money, and said I could keep the charging cable for 'free'.
asingh1977 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 12:03   #272
BHPian

Voted - Good

Till date my purchase experiences with Flipkart have been on positive side, my recent purchase - iPhone 12mini @INR 34999/- during Dussera2021 sale has been a superb deal by Flipkart, though my order delivery delayed by one day for the same but overall I will rate it good as the product delivered was genuine. Considering the discounts/deals/exchange-offers and product quality, I rate my overall experience with Flipkart for all my mobile phone purchases till date as good - iPhone SE(in 2017), iPhone 7(in 2017), Oppo Reno 6(in 2021).

As far as online shopping is concerned, I always make sure it is covered by Flipkart-Assured if it's Flipkart, and is Amazon-Prime/Fulfilled by amazon (FBA)/ Amazon delivered if it's Amazon.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 18:06   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
I can say Delhivery is quite a rogue courier company.

After maybe 15 calls (over a month), each 7-8 minutes. Amazon refunded me the battery bank money, and said I could keep the charging cable for 'free'.
I agree. Many of my shippers have also give me same feedback about Delhivery.

Free cable for 120 minutes of call time ? That’s a very bad deal. Unfortunately in India people do not value time.
drjaygoyal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 09:55   #274
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Re: Story of my treadmill purchase from Flipkart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
Story of my treadmill purchase from Flipkart
I would have simply canceled the order on principle , it says 3rd floor on the package and it must be delivered at the said address, not the fault of customer who has even prepaid all of the money.

I have seen such tantrums from many delivery people but those were mostly for offline purchases but this needs to stop everywhere, why should the customer have to suffer?
One of them even wanted to push my package down the stairs to the basement when I told him to leave it there and he did that too with half of the stairs when I caught him red handed in the act, the high value item breaking inside be dammed! Needles to say he was unapologetic and the item inside luckily survived, I took all 50kgs of it down myself from that point on.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 10:38   #275
BHPian

With the increase in sales and adoption, both Flipkart and Amazon seem to don't care about the quality of service delivered and doesn't have the same kind of strict protocols they had earlier .

I bought a liquid detergent from Flipkart a few months ago which had a good rating, only after delivery did I realize that they have listed a 500ml pack with the MRP of 1 Litre pack. I contacted support and got a refund of the difference and asked them to take action against the seller. It's been a few months but the product is still up on their site with the same price. All my reviews for that product mentioning this issue always gets rejected.
VigneshMC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:27   #276
BHPian

Amazon is still way better than Flipkart. I'm sure Amazon would be doing some kind of customer profiling at backend, but my queries and issues, though very less, are always immediately resolved to my satisfaction. Have used Flipkart very rarely (mostly because of Covid) since 2016 when I moved to Amazon and the experience is always typically lackadaisical. Will never use Flipkart for electronics and big ticket purchases, where using spurious parts etc. is very easy. Amazon on the other hand has always precise updates and delivers what is committed.
And Delhivery is another issue altogether, riding on the investors money with a swanky website etc. but no customer care number!!
BhayanaV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:36   #277
BHPian

Quote:
There it sat, everyday, with me checking the Delhivery tracking page many times a day in the hopes of seeing the "Out for delivery" update, which kept alluding me After a few days, I escalated to both Delhivery and Flipkart and got standard responses like "backend team is checking". I ended up escalating to Delhivery twice (via email and via their website ticket system). Got two different responses on the two tickets, one of the responses said that the delivery agent keeps updating remarks "consignee not reachable/contact details unavailable". Which is false and surprising since I can myself log into to Delhivery system using my cell number and OTP, and I can see the Flipkart Treadmill order as well as another Boodmo package shipped to my address and phone number.
As I read this, even I am refreshing my Delhivery courier tracking page where the item has reached my destination city since Tuesday (8th Feb) and todayy (11th Feb) it is still not out for delivery. Delhivery is definitely the worst courier guy available in the market. And to add to it, the tracking detail is not available on my phone number, i.e. they updated some other phone number in place of mine so I cant even contact the support and ended up sending them an email and calling up the sender. Really horrible service this is.
puneetakhouri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:39   #278
BHPian

Quote:

Ordered the treadmill from Flipkart, seller ==FitnessSolutions, it was shipped after 3 days via Delhivery and arrived at the near hub in 3 more days. There it sat, everyday, with me checking the Delhivery tracking page many times a day in the hopes of seeing the "Out for delivery" update, which kept alluding me After a few days, I escalated to both Delhivery and Flipkart and got standard responses like "backend team is checking". I ended up escalating to Delhivery twice (via email and via their website ticket system). Got two different responses on the two tickets, one of the responses said that the delivery agent keeps updating remarks "consignee not reachable/contact details unavailable".
Your experience motivated me to pen down mine.

I ordered a Travel system from Mothercare. Amazon and Flipkart were selling it for more and hence trusting Mothercare, placed the order with an estimated delivery time of 8 days. All well. Next day I get an update that my order has been shipped via - you guessed it, Delhivery! I got the tracking number and was checking how the shipment made good progress. Two days later it arrived at the Bangalore Hub. Next day, I get a message that my item is out for delivery. I am thrilled, it is coming 3 days ahead of schedule. I wait the entire day and nothing happens. Then at about 7pm I get a call, the person on the other side is barely audible, seems he is in a no network zone and the call disconnects. Immediately the status changes to - "consignee not reachable, delivery rescheduled".

I don't give it much thought and assume it will be delivered early next day. As expected, the next morning the status changes to "out for delivery". Again, I wait for the whole day and around 7pm get a call from the same number, again the voice is broken, the call disconnects and the status goes back to "consignee not reachable, delivery rescheduled". Now I begin calling that number but it is always out of coverage. I try finding the customer care number for Delhivery but guess what - it does not exist. Yes, for such a huge company, the only way customers can reach them is via raising a ticket.

Day 3: I start calling that number again. Finally, that fellow picks up and says he doesn't know anything and he gives me the number of his supervisor. So, I begin calling the supervisor. 3-4 tries later, I get through. This guy recognized my package and says that unfortunately their original delivery guy had an issue at home and hence he is trying to source a new person and will get my order delivered by evening. Evening comes and goes and nothing happens. So I call the supervisor again. Now his story is that his men only deliver till the Main Gate and not inside any society. So am I willing to collect it from the gate? I say yes. He agrees to get it delivered by 8pm. And again, you must have guessed it, nothing happens. Being a good human being, I do not call him and wait for the next day. However, I do Google "Delhivery Reviews" and am led to a page on mouthshut reviews where numerous people have gone through the exact same experience. Some of them even had their items returned/damaged by an annoyed delivery guy. I get uncomfortable reading them and some how pacify myself to sleep.

Day 4: I call the supervisor again. He mentions that they will deliver the item by evening. It is sort of a pakka promise from him. As soon as the clock hits 2pm, I call him again. Now his story changes. He says the package has 2 different bar codes, one mentioning the weight as 25kgs and the other as 500gms. Because of it, he is unable to dispatch the package. By now I have had enough. However, I do not let my anger show and request him to provide the address of his hub so that I can pick up the package myself. He says it is not necessary and he will sort it out but I insist so he whatsapp's me the location. Thankfully, its pretty close and I get there in next 15mins. My package is waiting for me, with the supervisor. I get an OTP, share it with them and bring home the Travel system in 30mins! End of Ordeal.

I wrote an email to Mothercare about the experience as customer feedback too.

Lessons:
1- If your delivery is coming via Delhivery - pray
2- If your package is bigger than usual and coming via Delhivery - pray harder
3- Last mile delivery guys of Delhivery are the worst but you need to be careful as they have something valuable of yours, therefore talk accordingly
4- The Supervisor was decent and not at all arrogant
5- Mothercare hasn't responded to my email (it has been 20 days)
6- Delhivery hasn't contacted me wrt the ticket I raised 20+ days ago

Last edited by drive2eternity : 11th February 2022 at 11:51.
drive2eternity is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 12:02   #279
BHPian

Quote:
May be Flipkart didn't respond properly, but I blame Delhivery for this. Even when I order from Amazon and I see Delhivery as the delivery partner, my order will be definitely delayed. But all big packages come through Delhivery. IMHO, Amazon's response is far better in handling the Delhivery team when compared to Flipkart. India post does a better service than Delhivery.
sunilsreenivasg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 12:52   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
I can say Delhivery is quite a rogue courier company.
Delhivery is one of the worst out there. Just a few days back their delivery guy came to our door, he was having some issues with his app, he did not hand over the parcel to us. Said he would come back. Luckily it wasn't something we needed urgently.

While picking up a returned parcel also, they insist on same delivery bag that the article came in. Wife frequently orders and returns apparel. They all have the original manufacturer tag and labels intact, but Delhivery guys also insists on the outer gray bag and the label on that.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 15:07   #281
Senior - BHPian

With the series of complaints and not so good experiences being reported here and in the Online shopping thread, could the moderators please explore the possibility of hiving off all Delhivery related posts to a separate thread?

A simple word search of posts from this week itself will enough numbers to populate a thread.

Thanks.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 15:46   #282
BHPian

I bought Soundcore Liberty Pro Bluetooth ear pods from Flipkart , though it reaches on time , but when I opened the package its clear that pods are already used , but all accessories (it have like 9-10 pair of ear buds ) and charging cable intact , hence I have kept the pods. But still it left a sour taste in mouth (as they are expensive for me ~9K ).
Old 11th February 2022, 18:05   #283
BANNED

I am surprised with so much negative feedback on delhivery. I always receive my packets from them in my remote village on time and intact. Perhaps, they have pretty bad service in down south.

My worst experience was with Shri maruti courier. The nearest service location was 40 km from my home and come what may, they will not deliver on one or other pretext. They kept me hanging for almost 2 weeks time. In the end ,had to escalate to HMT, who were the sender. Still, i ended up travelling 10 km to get it in my hands.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:24   #284
BHPian

I stopped using Flipkart few years ago when they sent me a used speaker as new. I switched to Amazon and although it may be slightly more expensive without discounts I find their service so much reliable and better. Since then I must have ordered and returned a lot of items but the experience has been top notch. Even on Amazon I try to buy from big sellers like Cloudtail, Appario Retail. I would recommend Amazon for high value items.
Old 11th February 2022, 21:41   #285
BHPian

Not sure if being a prime customer actually helps, had ordered a Havells hair trimmer for my kid but actual quality was not up to mark. Somewhere whilst ordering we missed checking on the return policy, which was checked later. Only a replacement was allowed. Called up Amazon customer care, where the executive greeted saying that you are our prime customer and we will do the needful. And voila, a return and refund request was placed. Mightly pleased with Amazon, I must say!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks