Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2006, 12:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Virtual pals 'soar in importance'

Virtual communities are as important as their real-world counterparts, many members of online communities believe.

"More than a decade after the portals of the worldwide web opened to the public, we are now witnessing the true emergence of the internet as the powerful personal and social phenomenon we knew it would become."

Social interaction on the web has become a phenomenon in recent years.

However, the report also discovered virtual friendship is not confined to the PC - those surveyed had met an average of 1.6 of the friends they had made online in person.

Ps: Team-bhp is proof enough

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 1st December 2006 at 12:10.
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:32   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I absolutely agree....some of my closest friends are from Team-BHP. And that may include people who I havent even met yet!

If people can get meet their life partners online, why not friends?
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a double-edged sword. It'll either work for you or completely against you - especially if kids are exposed to online communities.
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

The internet has made it so easy to find "like minded" people, that we make friends easily. People around you and in your real life social circles may not share the same interests and passions as you.. But on the Internet, you can find people and things which match your interests easily!
Old 3rd December 2006, 02:28   #5
BANNED

I agree. Online communities are becoming more and more alive with more people getting into it. And it's for a fact that it's where people open up themselves more than they would otherwise.

Team-bhp is one of the best and well behaved online community in the world now for sure!
Old 3rd December 2006, 11:55   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The internet has made it so easy to find "like minded" people, that we make friends easily.
Superb point! I never met or interacted with so many car guys before Team-BHP. Online communities, especially those based around special interests (e.g. Team-BHP and cars), have made it so much easier to find people with similar interests.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks