Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 21:54   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Gentlemenn, not to upset you, but when it comes to collecting model airplanes you have been outdone by this gentleman by what I can only imagine, a very large margin!

Amazing collection and a really nice enthusiastic guy too!
Yaaaaahhh!!! I have just mailed this video to my wife. This is my future.

Jeroen, my wife may call you and give you a piece of her mind

Love this guy. God Bless him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAe Hawk 100 :: Advanced Jet Trainer :: 1:48 scale, Lupa
Wingspan ~8 inches; Length ~10 inches, Hard plastic material

The IAF's Mk 132.
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bae-hawk-1.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bae-hawk-2.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bae-hawk-3.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bae-hawk-3b.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bae-hawk-3c.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bae-hawk-3d.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bae-hawk-4.jpg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 28th February 2020 at 22:04.
Old 29th February 2020, 04:02   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Yaaaaahhh!!! I have just mailed this video to my wife. This is my future.

Jeroen, my wife may call you and give you a piece of her mind

Those of you who have read my posts over the years will know that I will jump at the merest of chance of defending women. I do believe, that in many ways and many aspects they are getting the short end of the stick so to speak.

However, and I know many will consider this a very sexist, male chauvinist point of view, but it needs saying. And I am not making these comments lightly, but only after decades of totally unbiassed observation and fist hand experience.

WOMEN AND SCALE MODELS DO NOT MIX!

There, I have said it!!! Let me explain. I was the only son, with three sisters. So obviously, my mum thought everything I did was utterly and totally brilliant. No argument.

I was very much into model building. She absolutely loved the various models I made. She would call her sisters (my aunts), her brothers (my uncles),the neighbours, friends to talk about my model brilliance!

But then she would also believe that all these model needed dusting on a very regular basis. Some of our more enlightened members might be familiar with the works of John Grey, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Let me be blunt, John knows s@#T all. He does not even broach the subject of scale modelling.

Even though I pleaded, begged with my mum not to touch my models, she always did. Here is the fundamental difference between men and women. Men will see an unique scale model. We will rant and rave about the detailing, we will write long posts on internet forums about this particular aircraft, we will describe its capabilities in nauseating detail. We will know the name of every pilot that ever flew this aircraft. We will know the names of their first born son. We can recite the airframe numbers of this version in our sleep!

A woman will look at this very scale model and all she sees is a dust trap!!!

Which needs cleaning!

My mum, despite endless pleading, would feel the urge to clean the dust of my models on a fairly regular basis. Which meant my models would loose parts of their landing gear, guns, radio- radar antenna's, external fuel tanks,canopies and even the occasional wing etc. Real air war fare would be considered prett average in terms of damage, compared to what havoc my mum would cause!!

I mean what can you do, this is your mum after all. And she would not leave it at just dusting and breaking bits and pieces off either. It would be followed up by some proper hoovering. Meaning all your bits and pieces would now be gone, permanently!!

When you marry or get yourself into some sort of permanent relationship with somebody of the female persuasions, things improve only marginally.
No man, has ever dared to challenge/step up to his mum. But with your female partner you might, at least, agree some boundaries up front!

So here is a bit of advise: Yes, you might be in love, and obviously, she is lovely, brilliant, caring etc. But you have to put your foot down early here. She must commit to and agree to never ever to interfere with your hobbies!! Ever!! Ever!!

If she wants to dust your scale models, she does not really love you!! It is the brutal truth, it must be said!!

Men enjoy hobbies in very different ways from women. That is just a fact, so better adjust accordingly!

You need a good well understood excuse for her not to interfere or to challenge your hobby, financially, dusting, hoovering or otherwise!

Let me give you an example on how my wife and I agree on all my spending on my hobby: I had just bought my Alfa Romeo Spider and was very, very proud of it. One day I had been driving it for a bit and as I was turning into our street on my way home, my wife Frances was seeing out a very good (American) friend of hers. As they were saying their goodbyes I pulled up in my “Red Hot Spider”. The American friend looked at me. I could see her thinking, he will be forty next year. She then put her arm around my wife and spoke the legendary words: Don’t worry to much dear, it is much better than a skinny blond!!

Since, whenever I need something doing to the Spider, or need parts or tools I wil put the choice to my wife: You want me to buy some new tires/brakes/tools or shall I get myself a skinny blond?

Since then every single euro gets approved with no argument, none whatsoever!!

Jeroen

PS1: Do not let your wife/female partner anywhere near your scale models. Nothing good will come out of it. If anything you will suffer, so be aware!!
It is not that men are from Mars and women are from Venus. Women just don’t understand our hobbies. Period. The only thing that might work, tell them if they love you, they would not deprive you of the next scale model!

PS2: I had not realised the Hawk was in use by the Americans?? Let alone it was build under license. Anorak fact: my bother in law was heavily involved in the development of the various electronic systems of the Hawk and he spend several years in India getting the localised production going.

Last edited by Jeroen : 29th February 2020 at 04:15.
Old 29th February 2020, 16:01   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, and I know many will consider this a very sexist, male chauvinist point of view, but it needs saying. And I am not making these comments lightly, but only after decades of totally unbiased observation and fist hand experience.

WOMEN AND SCALE MODELS DO NOT MIX!
Bravo Jeroen. What an honest post. The pain showed through. It is interesting how across continents and cultures some things simply don't change. After years of training my wife and her maid learnt not to dust my models. And yes I have a few lost ones damaged to the Duster radar guided AAM. But I'll say this for my wife she has given me about 10% of the 'decoration' space available in the apartment. Its a fair ration - 10% for my models vs 90% for her plants, crystal and God knows what. 1.5 cupboards for all my clothes vs about 7 for her clothes and shoes.....you get the drift.

Quote:
There, I have said it!!!
Brother, bet you are feeling lighter already.
Quote:
PS1: Do not let your wife/female partner anywhere near your scale models. Nothing good will come out of it.
Yes. They may even be convinced you are psychologically off the grid. Mine says that often.

Quote:
PS2: I had not realized the Hawk was in use by the Americans?? Let alone it was build under license. Anorak fact: my bother in law was heavily involved in the development of the various electronic systems of the Hawk and he spend several years in India getting the localized production going.
The McDD company modified it for carrier operations and use it as their advanced carrier trainer called Goshawk. Great to hear your b-i-l worked on the Hawk's avionics. They made the perfect two-seater classroom under the canopy. That's one big reason this is such a successful aircraft.

As I have alluded to this before here are the 4 foreign designed military aircrafts and 1 helicopter that were built under license in USA in a major way.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-b1-b57a_usaf.jpg
The everlasting English Electric Canberra seen here as the Martin B-57A

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-b2-fairchildhil_fh.227b.jpg
The Fokker F-27 regional transport built as the Fairchild FH-227. The F-27, as you would know, is the most produced twin turbo-prop passenger airliner outside the old Soviet Union.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-b3-av8b_harrier_ii_hovering.jpg
McDD took the Hawker Harrier and made a bomb truck out of it. The AV-8B.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-b4-uscg_hh65c.jpg
The US Coastguard chose the Aerospatiale Dauphin as their medium air to sea rescue cum patrol chopper. Built by Aerospatiale (IIRC) in the US.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-b4-1920pxthumbnail.jpg
McDD Goshawk a carrier compatible variant of the Hawk trainer.
Old 1st March 2020, 23:02   #1144
BHPian

Quote:

The IAF's Mk 132.
Brilliant! This must be one rare model, was it custom made?
Some pics next to your other 1:48 models will be good.

Quote:

Even though I pleaded, begged with my mum not to touch my models, she always did.ur sleep!

A woman will look at this very scale model and all she sees is a dust trap!!!

Which needs cleaning!

Yes, you might be in love, and obviously, she is lovely, brilliant, caring etc. But you have to put your foot down early here. She must commit to and agree to never ever to interfere with your hobbies!! Ever!! Ever!!
Those lines resonate with my life perfectly My mom, sister and cousin sister regularly cleaned my plastic assembled models when I was young and broke them regularly.

I recently got married and my wife made me promise I will remove many of the aircraft models in the living room around the TV before we got married. I agreed but now she wants to remove all of them! I have about 40-50 models on display in the living room from my bachelor days.
Old 1st March 2020, 23:13   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Brilliant! This must be one rare model, was it custom made?
Some pics next to your other 1:48 models will be good.
Will do Sir :-)

Quote:
I recently got married
Congratulations Foxbat. Lovely to hear this. Join the gang of the smitten and bitten. Please convey my best wishes to the young lady. Tell her my wife is willing to give free lessons on 'keeping your hubby and his aircraft models on a leash"
Quote:
.....and my wife made me promise I will remove many of the aircraft models in the living room around the TV before we got married. I agreed but now she wants to remove all of them! I have about 40-50 models on display in the living room from my bachelor days.
You will have to find a corner in the flat that is least visited upon. Welcome buddy.
Old 1st March 2020, 23:21   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Will do Sir :-)

Congratulations Foxbat. Lovely to hear this. Join the gang of the smitten and bitten. Please convey my best wishes to the young lady. Tell her my wife is willing to give free lessons on 'keeping your hubby and his aircraft models on a leash"
You will have to find a corner in the flat that is least visited upon. Welcome buddy.
Thanks Narayan, I have conveyed your wishes, she says thanks but get off from front of the laptop screen!

I prefer to display them in the living room, why hide something so expensive, rare and precious !
Old 2nd March 2020, 09:05   #1147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I prefer to display them in the living room, why hide something so expensive, rare and precious !
You shall live and learn. You are the boss outside the house. She is the boss inside it. Indulge your wife. Spoil her. My ultimate line with my wife is - "Just because you are so beautiful doesn't mean you can keep winning arguments with me."!!!!!

Last edited by V.Narayan : 2nd March 2020 at 09:07.
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:03   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mirage 2000 Multi-role Fighter :: 1:72
One of the models I dearly wish to have in my 1/72 collection. Great Looking model, Sir. Congratulations!!!

Quote:

The IAF's Mk 132.
Another great addition to your collection of custom made Indian models. Some lovely detailing on it. Congratulations!!!

Quote:

Those lines resonate with my life perfectly My mom, sister and cousin sister regularly cleaned my plastic assembled models when I was young and broke them regularly.

I recently got married and my wife made me promise I will remove many of the aircraft models in the living room around the TV before we got married. I agreed but now she wants to remove all of them! I have about 40-50 models on display in the living room from my bachelor days.
Congratulations Foxbat and best wishes!!!

Quote:
I suppose I am the lucky one on this thread. My wife has no issues with my model collection after I told her that apart from this being my hobby, these models will serve as inspiration for our two-year old twin daughters to become pilots later(which is true because I would love them to take up careers in aviation. I know long way to go but nothing wrong in planting the seeds now. What they wish to do is completely up to them). After that, she even gave me ideas on how and where to make a showcase for those models, which I have delaying because of my laziness!!!

On top of that, she even gifted me a small Chinese 16 cm DHL B757 freighter from Aliexpress last month for my birthday(this was much before the corona virus outbreak). It did not arrive in time for my birthday after it was stuck with customs for nearly three weeks.

Her words - "I thought the DHL model would compliment your Blue Dart model well." So yes, she does know what I collect and is supportive of the hobby.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-757.jpg

Don't ask me from what angle does it look like an accurate 757, but it was a lovely surprise, in the truest sense of the word!!!

Last edited by skanchan95 : 2nd March 2020 at 12:06.
Old 2nd March 2020, 23:43   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post

Congratulations Foxbat and best wishes!!!

On top of that, she even gifted me a small Chinese 16 cm DHL B757 freighter from Aliexpress last month for my birthday(this was much before the corona virus outbreak). It did not arrive in time for my birthday after it was stuck with customs for nearly three weeks.

Her words - "I thought the DHL model would compliment your Blue Dart model well." So yes, she does know what I collect and is supportive of the hobby.

Attachment 1975752

Don't ask me from what angle does it look like an accurate 757, but it was a lovely surprise, in the truest sense of the word!!!

Thanks Skanchan. You are very lucky to have such a understanding wife!

Despite my numerous suggestions of giving an aircraft model as a gift my wife not only refuses to do so but also has prevented me from buying any more citing lack of space
Old 5th March 2020, 12:49   #1150
Senior - BHPian

1:400 Airbus A300B4-203 Indian Airlines VT-EHD (Aeroclassics)
Airframe stats
Airline : Indian Airlines
Serial number : 182
Type : 300B4-203
Delivered : 05/1982
Test registration F-WZMZ
Engines : 2 x GE CF6-50C2

The Airbus A300 is a discontinued wide-body airliner developed and manufactured by Airbus. The prototype first flew on 28 October 1972.

The first twin-engine widebody airliner typically seats 247 passengers in two classes over a range of 5,375 to 7,500 km (2,900 to 4,050 nmi). Initial variants are powered by CF6-50 or JT9D turbofans and have a three-crew flight deck. The improved A300-600 has a two-crew cockpit and updated GE CF6-80 or PW4000 engines, it made its first flight on 8 July 1983 and entered service later that year. The A300 is the basis of the smaller A310 (first flight: 1982) and was adapted in a freighter version. Its cross section was retained for the larger A340 (1991) and A330 (1992). It is also the basis for the oversize Beluga transport (1994).

Launch customer Air France introduced the type on 30 May 1974. After limited demand initially, sales took off as the type was proven in early service, beginning three decades of steady orders. It has a similar capacity to the Boeing 767-300, introduced in 1986, but lacked the 767-300ER range. During the 1990s, the A300 became popular with cargo aircraft operators, as passenger airliner conversions or as original builds. Production ceased in July 2007 after 561 deliveries.

Indian Airlines was the world's first domestic airline to purchase the A300, ordering three aircraft with three options. From April 1976 onwards, the first three Airbus A300s were introduced by Indian Airlines.

THe aircraft involved in IC814 hijacking was an Airbus A300(VT-EDW)

If I remember correctly, I had flown only once on an IC A300 like this one from Mumbai to Bangalore(and then onwards to Mysore by road) back in mid-90s.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_4.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_5.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_6.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_7.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_8.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-ic_9.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-vtehdindianairlinesairbusa300b4203_planespottersnet_019922_5b725f5aa0_o.jpg
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 14:08   #1151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1:400 Airbus A300B4-203 Indian Airlines VT-EHD (Aeroclassics)
Airframe stats
Airline : Indian Airlines
Serial number : 182
Type : 300B4-203
Test registration F-WZMZ
Engines : 2 x GE CF6-50C2

The Airbus A300 is a discontinued wide-body airliner developed and manufactured by Airbus. The prototype first flew on 28 October 1972.

The first twin-engine widebody airliner typically seats 247 passengers in two classes over a range of 5,375 to 7,500 km (2,900 to 4,050 nmi). Initial variants are powered by CF6-50 or JT9D turbofans and have a three-crew flight deck. The improved A300-600 has a two-crew cockpit and updated GE CF6-80 or PW4000 engines, it made its first flight on 8 July 1983 and entered service later that year. The A300 is the basis of the smaller A310 (first flight: 1982) and was adapted in a freighter version. Its cross section was retained for the larger A340 (1991) and A330 (1992). It is also the basis for the oversize Beluga transport (1994).

Launch customer Air France introduced the type on 30 May 1974. After limited demand initially, sales took off as the type was proven in early service, beginning three decades of steady orders. It has a similar capacity to the Boeing 767-300, introduced in 1986, but lacked the 767-300ER range. During the 1990s, the A300 became popular with cargo aircraft operators, as passenger airliner conversions or as original builds. Production ceased in July 2007 after 561 deliveries.

Indian Airlines was the world's first domestic airline to purchase the A300, ordering three aircraft with three options. From April 1976 onwards, the first three Airbus A300s were introduced by Indian Airlines.
Beautiful. Such a well proportioned bird. It always looked handsome in the livery of IA. Congratulations on this rare find. I bought the same aircraft last week and out of laziness haven't opened it In 1975 or 1976 when IA placed its order it was oxygen for Airbus Industrie who were facing a drought of orders. I went to Bombay Airport to watch the first aircraft land. :-) In those days the viewing gallery was an open air one !!!! - a different era. A wide body regional transport was a whole new concept in those days. The IA seat pitch of I think 33" or 34" in economy was the best that Indian carriers ever offered before or since.

Congratulations.
Old 5th March 2020, 17:00   #1152
Senior - BHPian

1:200 Bombardier Q400 Dash 8 Qantas Link(Sunstate Airlines) Q400 VH-QOI "Tamworth" [Tamworth Music Festival Livery] (JC Wings)
Airframe Stats
Airline : Qantas Link (Sunstate Airlines)
Serial number : 4189
Type : DHC8-402
Test registration : C-FNQL
Engines : 2 x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW150A

The Q400
The De Havilland Canada DHC-8, commonly known as the Dash 8, is a series of turboprop-powered regional airliners, introduced by de Havilland Canada (DHC) in 1984. Three sizes were offered: initially the 37–40 seat -100 until 2005 and the more powerful -200 from 1995, the stretched 50–56 seats -300 from 1989, both until 2009, and the 68–90 seats -400 from 1999, still in production.

The Q Series are post-1997 variants fitted with active noise control systems.All Dash 8s delivered from the second quarter of 1996 (including all Series 400s) include the Active Noise and Vibration System designed to reduce cabin noise and vibration levels to nearly those of jet airliners. To emphasize their quietness, Bombardier renamed the Dash 8 models as the Q-Series turboprops (Q200, Q300, and Q400). The Series 400 introduced an even longer airframe that was stretched 6.83 metres (22.4 ft) over the Series 300 (10.26 metres (33.7 ft) over the Series 100/200), has a larger, stouter T-tail and has a passenger capacity of 68–90. The Series 400 uses Pratt & Whitney Canada PW150A engines rated at 4,850 shp (3,620 kW). The aircraft has a cruise speed of 360 knots (667 km/h), which is 60–90 knots (111–166 km/h) higher than its predecessors. The maximum operating altitude is 25,000 ft (7,600 m) for the standard version, although a version with drop-down oxygen masks is offered, which increases maximum operating altitude to 27,000 ft (8,200 m).

Between its service entry in 2000 and the 2018 sale to Longview/Viking, 585 have been delivered at a rate of 30-35 per year, leaving a backlog of 65, for a market value at a stable level of $21 million new.

Spicejet is the lone Indian airline to operate the Dash 8 Q400 with a fleet of 30+ Q400s.

Sunstate Airlines
Sunstate Airlines is a subsidiary of Qantas (Australia's flag carrier) which operates regional flights under the QantasLink banner throughout Queensland, and between Brisbane and Canberra.Its head office is in Bowen Hills, Brisbane.

Tamworth Music Festival
VH-QOI was named 'Tamworth' at Tamworth by Qantas CEO Alan Joyce - September 09, 2009.
The Tamworth Country Music Festival is an Annual Music Festival held for 10 Days from Friday to Sunday Week in Mid to Late January each year & sometimes includes Australia Day & is in Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia.
It is a celebration of country music culture and heritage in particular the national Australian country music scene, with numerous concerts and live performances at various venues. During this period the city of Tamworth comes alive, with visitors from all across the country and worldwide who come to join in the festivities. The festival has many times been counted among the world's top ten music festivals. In 2007 Forbes rated it as number 8 of the World's Coolest Music Festivals. The enormous number of visitors during the bash doubles the city's population and brings significant tourism and economic benefits to the region. Visitor numbers for the 2012 festival were estimated at 50,000.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_0.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_2_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_4.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_5.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_6.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_7.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-q400_8.jpg
Old 6th March 2020, 16:43   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to Bombay Airport to watch the first aircraft land. :-) In those days the viewing gallery was an open air one !!!! - a different era. A wide body regional transport was a whole new concept in those days. The IA seat pitch of I think 33" or 34" in economy was the best that Indian carriers ever offered before or since.

Congratulations.
Thank you Sir. When one comes across models like these, it is pure nostalgia. I still remember the sight of the twin aisles of the IC A300. It remains my only on a twin aisle jet so far.

1:72 Sukhoi Su-27UB Flanker-C Blue 43, 54th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment, Russian Air Force(JC Wings)
The third 1:72 Flanker in my collection after the JC Wings IAF Su-30MK & HM RuAF Su-35.

The Su-27 was designed by the Soviet Union to challenge the superiority of fourth generation US fighters such as the F-15 Eagle, the Su-27 was first flown on May 20, 1977.

The Su-27UB(Uchebno Boevoy) is a two-seat combat trainer variant of the Su-27. It retains the flight and combat capabilities of the single-seat Su-27S with minimal design changes other than accommodating for a second seat.The trainee pilot sits in the front cockpit and the instructor sits in the rear cockpit.

The SU-27UB is classified as a trainer only by tradition. Unlike most Soviet era fighter trainers,The Su-27UB retains all weapons and weapon control systems. The psychological climate onboard is significantly better when a two-man crew controls an aircraft on missions. As a result, the Su-27UB was chosen as the basis for the prototypes leading to the Su-27PU, or the Su-30 variants.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_1_0.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_4.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_5.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_6.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_7.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_8.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_9.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_10.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_11.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_12.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-s27_13.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-o41.jpg
Old 8th March 2020, 22:55   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
[b]1:400 Airbus A300B4-203 Indian Airlines VT-EHD (Aeroclassics)
Excellent model, very well detailed
Even more valuable for you since you flew on one. I have been eyeing it for sometime but its so pricey for a 1:400 ! DBjets I assume is the source.

Quote:

1:72 Sukhoi Su-27UB Flanker-C Blue 43, 54th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment, Russian Air Force(JC Wings)
The third 1:72 Flanker in my collection after the JC Wings IAF Su-30MK & HM RuAF Su-35.
3 Flankers! I'm still looking for my first one (and hoping a MKI shoots down some PAF F-16s soon ). A picture of all 3 would be great. I like your Su-35 the best.
Old 10th March 2020, 09:42   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1:200 Bombardier Q400 Dash 8 Qantas Link(Sunstate Airlines) Q400 VH-QOI "Tamworth" [Tamworth Music Festival Livery] (JC Wings)
Congratulations. It is interesting to observe that the turboprop regional airliner of today is more powerful, faster and carries more pax than the long range top of the line prop airliners of the 1950s. Q series bet on the assumption that a regional airliner that combines turboprop FE with higher speeds that come close to a jet on short sectors will win more orders from the airlines. ATR bet the other way that with short distances a customer is willing to live with the extra 20 minutes but FE and cost per pax-mile is what counts. Bombardier and ATR fulfill the same need but with different approach to the aircraft design. In terms of reliability the ATR is better. In terms of speed and range the Q is better. The Q has such sophisticated electronics that something misfires every other week. But a beautiful machine; sleeker than the functional looking ATR.
Quote:
As Foxbat would say welcome to the dark side. OMG, your Flanker looks so well appointed, so marvelously detailed. The entire gait of a Flanker is like that of a Cheetah waiting to pounce. Congratulations and thanks for these attractive photographs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks