Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:43   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Start with Koolar (it is where the 5 garden road ends at Kings circle). Read a couple of months back in Mid Day about their good egg omelettes.
Unfortunately Koolar is a ghost of its prior self - the basic items (maska ban, masala omelette etc) are far from what they used to be. The only thing that is consistent in that restaurant is the owner still is as unpleasant (read: shouts a lot, argues a lot) as ever.

P.s. No idea on the meat items.
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:46   #992
BHPian

In my last visit to Mumbai, I've been to Quattros at Lower Parel. Superb place for Veg. Italian and Mexican food. Highly Recomended.
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:24   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Unfortunately Koolar is a ghost of its prior self - the basic items (maska ban, masala omelette etc) are far from what they used to be. The only thing that is consistent in that restaurant is the owner still is as unpleasant (read: shouts a lot, argues a lot) as ever.

P.s. No idea on the meat items.
Ninjatalli.
Hi
Love that comment about the owner.
Yes the quality of tea at most of the Irani joints has gone down and that too considerably. Sad.
There is another Irani place diagonally opposite Oven Fresh on Ranade Road.
On a different forum read about his good biryani. 3 days back a friend of mine had Balti chicken. He said it was very good.
2 days back had idli and wada sambhar at Mani's the first one.Very good as always.
Bon appetite and regards
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:28   #994
BHPian

That Irani joint opposite Oven Fresh is Light of Bharat. I have reviewed them a few pages back. Don't forget to try their Chinese as well! :lol
Old 24th December 2013, 23:19   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
That Irani joint opposite Oven Fresh is Light of Bharat. I have reviewed them a few pages back. Don't forget to try their Chinese as well! :lol
Rosso Corsa
Hi.
I forgot to mention the name.
Now that you mention it I do remember your post about their Chinese food and will try it. Unfortunately nowadays I don't leave my home frequently.
Incidentally today had puri bhaaji and kothimbir wadi (made from fresh dough ) at Prakash.As always great.
Bon appetit and regards
Old 28th December 2013, 23:26   #996
Senior - BHPian

Any ideas for a good breakfast place at 8:00 am? In South Bombay. Authentic stuff would be great. A nice Irani or maybe eggs toast types. Not overrated (Mondegar etc). I would have done Olympia kheema pav but my friend is a vegetarian. A non veg place with decent veg food will also do.
Old 29th December 2013, 01:30   #997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Any ideas for a good breakfast place at 8:00 am? In South Bombay. Authentic stuff would be great. A nice Irani or maybe eggs toast types. Not overrated (Mondegar etc). I would have done Olympia kheema pav but my friend is a vegetarian. A non veg place with decent veg food will also do.
A bit pricey, but Basilico is great, or even Theobroma.
Old 30th December 2013, 12:47   #998
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Had Full Meal (South India) at Shri Krishna Udipi at Matunga East yesterday.

The food was simple & really good.

The price was Rs. 160 per person for unlimited food (except sweets). Kids are charged Rs. 80 per head.

Thanks,
Old 30th December 2013, 22:50   #999
BHPian

Jignesh
Hi
Two of my friends nowadays prefer to eat at Mani's lunch home, near the flower market. Just a 2 minute walk from this place.It is a branch,opened 2002, of the Mani's which is near the Ruia college.
Bon Appetit and regards
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:01   #1000
BHPian

any body tried out the Breeze resto in Powai Hiranandani. They have some great views and some good food ?
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:13   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
any body tried out the Breeze resto in Powai Hiranandani. They have some great views and some good food ?
Been there about a month back. Absolutely fantastic views and of-course soothing breeze! The food is all vegetarian and about average. Will recommend it just for the ambiance.

Tip - Do try to reach before sunset and ask to be seated at the tables at the ledge. You will witness amazing views of the Powai lake.

Damages for 2 - Approx INR 1800 with drinks and starters.
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:25   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Had been to an impromptu Lunch date with my wife on a weekday to Copper Chimney at Worli.
Please do try the divine Chello Kabab there. Its a speciality & one of my favourite dishes at CC Worli.
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:38   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Kya baat hai !

I used to think that I was the only one (at least on the forum) who is mad for the Chello @ CC, especially the mutton ones.

Now, I have to plan a trip to Bombay ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Please do try the divine Chello Kabab there. Its a speciality & one of my favourite dishes at CC Worli.
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:02   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Thanks for the tip! Will try it next time. Copper Chimney is no opening a new branch at Viviana mall in Thane. Can't wait for it to open!
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:29   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Kya baat hai !

I used to think that I was the only one (at least on the forum) who is mad for the Chello @ CC, especially the mutton ones.

Now, I have to plan a trip to Bombay ASAP
You're not the only one, for sure. And there will be many who will agree with us once they taste it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Thanks for the tip! Will try it next time. Copper Chimney is no opening a new branch at Viviana mall in Thane. Can't wait for it to open!
Pro-tip:
Generally, the original restaurant has the most authentic & original taste as they have the chef who has mastered virtually all the dishes. Once its turned into a franchise, the taste is found wanting in my opinion.

Case in point, Mainland China. The first Mainland China at Saki Naka near my factory is the only place i enjoy the food. Rest of the Mainland China outlets sadly don't even have half the great taste of what you get at Saki Naka.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks