Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 14:12   #16
BHPian

Reviving this old thread with the Krazzy4 controversy where they have lifeted the music from a sony ericcson ad.... like if u hear the song for the first time it doesn't click for the first time....but later you do come to know.

what i dont get it why does nothing happen to the likes of bappi lahiri...and many many more....

like here is a list of songs where it is sooooo obvious that they have just lifted the music up....and we call them as icons and master composers....
like if this is the case we can't call them as "composers" or "directors" but DJs..... coz copying and pastin tunes with different lyrics is what a DJ does and not a Music Director....

a small list....

BAPPI LAHIRI

1.Koi Yahan Nache Nache- from Disco Dancer a copy of Video Killed The Radio Star by the Buggles

2.Aashiq Deewana Hoon- from Afsana Pyar Ka a copy of La Bamba(dont remember the artist)

3. Zubi Zubi Zubi(dont remember movie) a complete rip off of Brother Louie by Modern Talking

JATIN LALIT

1.Ae Mama Haan Bhaanje- from Silsila Hai Pyar Ka a copy of Dr. Jones by Aqua

2.Kuch Kasmein- from Aankhen a copy of Nights In White Satin by Moody Blues

3.Haan Haan Yeh Pyaar Hai- from Dillagi a copy of Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by Frankie Valli

ANU MALIK

1&2. yes he actually copied the tune of Macarena by Los Del Rio in two of his songs... 1st being Dil Le Le Lena from Auzaar and the 2nd being Dil Maka Dina (dont remember the movie)

3.Aisa Zakhm Diya- from Akele Hum Akele Tum a copy of Sweet Child In Time by Deep Purple

RAJESH ROSHAN (so you though only this krazzy 4 was a copy...)

1. Koi Nahin Tere Jaisa (dont know the film).... copy of Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex

2.Chehra Tera Chehra- from Daag a copy of the Titanic Theme

3. Laaoon Kahan Se(dont remember film) a copy of Hotel California by the Eagles

4.Haseena Gori Gori- from Tarazu a copy of In summer Time from Shaggy

5.Krazzy 4 Soundtrack ripped from the Sony Ericcson Soundtrack...

Others...

I remember the Godfather theme in some hindi song....

and the other day i was listening to some AR rahman song which had lyrics from the Police song "every move you make" and the music was a direct copy of some Enigma song...

can anyone help me to know which these songs are...
and also if you know any more copied tunes put them here.... i'm trying to make a BIG list....

cheers

Last edited by tidzter : 10th April 2008 at 14:24.
Old 10th April 2008, 14:18   #17

Check out the site: itwofs.com - chronicles of plagiarism in indian film music

Its a pretty thorough and interesting collection of plagiarised music..........Pritam takes the cake (and eats it too !)
Old 10th April 2008, 15:54   #18
BHPian

Even the song Pehli Nazar from the movie Race is a direct copy of a korean song.Just search for pehli nazar on youtube and you will see what I am talking about.However,both the versions are equally good
Old 10th April 2008, 16:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just search for Pritam on youtube and will be shocked to see that nearly all his hit songs are copied from Korean ones.

But they sound MUCH better than the original Korean version.
Old 10th April 2008, 16:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

well I too love Indian songs & only hate them if they are a direct lift, inspirations are ok

Btw even the great musicians had at some point of time copied music or got inspired, its just that their ratio was less noticed.

Also in English songs you can see lots of songs based on some older tune (ICE ICE Baby by vanilla ice was based on Under pressure from queen) In fact some simply redo an old song & all is fine so I think this all inspirations stuff is over hyped in India. The fact is who ever produces bulk songs will copy &\or get inspired of course there are exceptions but very few.

@nc: either Koreans or Bengally
Old 10th April 2008, 16:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

@tidzter: Kuch Kasme from Aankhen seems more copied or should I say inspired from Michael Jackson's Earth Song.

Some others I remember

I have even heard some yesteryear songs copied from old English tunes eg: Dekho ab to tuujhko nahi hai khabar copied from I wanna hold you hand by the Beatles.

Tama Tama and Joomma Chooma are copied from Mory Kante's Tama Tama

Tere Siva mere Siva from a Sanjay Dutt movie Fateh copied from Self Control by Laura Branigan

Zubu Zubi from Dance Dance from Modern Talking Brother Louie.

Oye Oye from Tridev copied from Miami Sounds machine Rhythm is gonna get you

Dil Mera churaya kyun from Akele Hum akele tum copied from Last Christmas George Michael.

Saat Samundar from Vishwatma whole tune copied from Pet Shop Boys Heartbeat

Kaho na kaho Murder copied from Tamally Maak by Amir Diab.

Ya Mustafa from Aatish copied from an Arabic song of the same name

Sochna kya direct lift off Lambada.

Will come up with more

Last edited by Dippy : 10th April 2008 at 16:27.
Old 10th April 2008, 16:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well i guess pritam searches for korean songs on you tube and then lifts them off!!!
Old 10th April 2008, 16:54   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Kambakht ishq was directly lifted from Eirann by Afro Celt Sound System
Old 10th April 2008, 16:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

lol now that you have mentioned it never sounded original even the video was *inspired* from Madonna's music video
Old 10th April 2008, 17:02   #25
BHPian

Well music is music . As long as it is pleasing to my ears, dont mind if its a remix or copy or if its in a totally different language. Music is beyond such barriers. Dont like a few of he jarring remixes . IMO anu malik shouldnt sing
Old 10th April 2008, 17:04   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
IMO anu malik shouldnt sing
HEYY HEYYY don't you love the way Anu Malik can make that funy HEEY with a broken voice in the middle of all songs?
What was the song about the HEY HEYY Baarish.

Do our moderators have the power to ban him? I wonder.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Kambakht ishq was directly lifted from Eirann by Afro Celt Sound System
Yes it is. And the video like Techno said its from Madonna's Erotica?

The old classic Mere Jaisi Haseena from Armaan copied from When youre in Love with a beautiful Woman

The Vishwatma theme is lifted from Enigma Sadness

The title track of Gupt lifted from Deep Forest

I have a pretty good collection of songs which are originals of the inspired ones
Old 10th April 2008, 17:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidzter View Post
Reviving this old thread with the Krazzy4 controversy where they have lifeted the music from a sony ericcson ad.... like if u hear the song for the first time it doesn't click for the first time....but later you do come to know.

a small list....

can anyone help me to know which these songs are...
and also if you know any more copied tunes put them here.... i'm trying to make a BIG list....

cheers
Boy, oh boy, this was my favourite pastime--educating all my kith and kin who are devout fans of Hindi music (me too, but not copied stuff).
I shall give you a long list, just give me some time. Things that struck me immediately was a copy in 1960s of 'Come September'..don't remember the Hindi song's name.
Recent hits have also been lifted from oldies like Cliff Richard's 'Theme for a dream'....'Pal Pal do pal'. The other one by Rekha in a bar scene in that good movie by Saif Ali Khan and Vidya Balan, shot in Calcutta (dunno the name) was a lift from a Connie Francis number.
I've also recently heard a straight lift from Connie Francis's 'Never on a Sunday'. .
Even the famous 'Mehbooba, Mehbooba' in Sholay was a lift from a Denis Roussous Greek number
More to follow...

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th April 2008 at 17:09. Reason: forgot a line
Old 10th April 2008, 17:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Anu Malik is quite amusing to listen to when he sings:

Sam I think you are talking about Yeh jo baarish ho rahi hai its raining raining raining
Old 10th April 2008, 17:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Boy, oh boy, this was my favourite pastime--educating all my kith and kin who are devout fans of Hindi music (me too, but not copied stuff).
I shall give you a long list, just give me some time. Things that struck me immediately was a copy in 1960s of 'Come September'..don't remember the Hindi song's name.
Recent hits have also been lifted from oldies like Cliff Richard's 'Theme for a dream'....'Pal Pal do pal'. The other one by Rekha in a bar scene in that good movie by Saif Ali Khan and Vidya Balan, shot in Calcutta (dunno the name) was a lift from a Connie Francis number.
I've also recently heard a straight lift from Connie Francis's 'Never on a Sunday'. .
Even the famous 'Mehbooba, Mehbooba' in Sholay was a lift from a Denis Roussous Greek number
More to follow...
Come Septemper was copied in 2 songs

Dole Dole Dil Dole picturised on Aamir Khan in Baazi

Mazarein Mili filmed on Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Kapoor in Raja

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks