Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-845.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeevith (Post 4594408)
My latest acquisition....no prizes for guessing.

P.S. I already owned the one by Maisto.

Attachment 1879035

Added the red interiored CMC Uhlenhaut to my collection. Got this for a steal, albeit with a missing mirror and one small broken part (totally fixable).

Literally late to work today because of this :D

The Scale Model Thread-15665355045985048337780014987886.jpg

Need help from the group.
I picked up a Porsche Cayenne in 1:18 scale yesterday from a friend of mine who is settling abroad. The 2 OVRM are broken but the good news is it is not lost. What sort of glue will put it back together? Can someone advise on the local availability of the same. please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 4659031)
I picked up a Porsche Cayenne in 1:18 scale yesterday from a friend of mine who is settling abroad. The 2 OVRM are broken but the good news is it is not lost. What sort of glue will put it back together? Can someone advise on the local availability of the same. please.

Just use Feviquik. Easily available and will do the trick. I have fixed many broken ORVMs and even Formula 1 car parts with it. Max 1 to two drops per ORVM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 4659031)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 4659091)
Just use Feviquik. Easily available and will do the trick. I have fixed many broken ORVMs and even Formula 1 car parts with it. Max 1 to two drops per ORVM.

As @Dippy says FeviQuick does the trick. For these tiny parts I use a pin to apply to FeviQuick glue. It gets that teenie weenie bit of glue on without leaving a blob when it dries. Hope that helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 4659091)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4659107)
It gets that teenie weenie bit of glue on without leaving a blob when it dries. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and hint for application. I will post the picture here soon after the rework.

I had some free time on my hand today and took this opportunity to rework the broken Porsche. As suggested, the fewikwik worked effortlessly. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Now for some pictures.

The broken Porsche
The Scale Model Thread-img20190918wa0071.jpg

Passenger side
The Scale Model Thread-img20190918wa0067.jpg

Driver side
The Scale Model Thread-img20190918wa0066.jpg

Broken parts
The Scale Model Thread-img20190918wa0068.jpg

Driver side after rework
The Scale Model Thread-img20190918wa0065.jpg

Passenger side after rework
The Scale Model Thread-img20190918wa0070.jpg

Full view from the rear
The Scale Model Thread-img20190918wa0069.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4598819)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4601018)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammerHead (Post 4604442)

I had managed one Standard RE scale model made by IXO many years back. I am looking for a standard model replica from the Maisto this time, but local RE dealers seem to be clueless. Also the site does not have an option to get a RE standard model.

Basically I would love to have a scale model of Bullet 500. Any possibilities or if someone is aware of any availability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majumdarda (Post 4681484)
I had managed one Standard RE scale model made by IXO many years back. I am looking for a standard model replica from the Maisto this time, but local RE dealers seem to be clueless. Also the site does not have an option to get a RE standard model.

Basically I would love to have a scale model of Bullet 500. Any possibilities or if someone is aware of any availability.

I ordered my Bullet 500 model via the Indian RE website. I just checked but I can not find any mention on it. You might want to contact them because it was them that was supplying them for INR 1200 a piece.

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4681640)
I ordered my Bullet 500 model via the Indian RE website. I just checked but I can not find any mention on it. You might want to contact them because it was them that was supplying them for INR 1200 a piece.

Jeroen

That is excellent news Jeroen. Thank you for the heads up. I will surely contact them. If possible, can you please share some images of the Bullet 500 model that you have purchased.

Best regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majumdarda (Post 4681843)
That is excellent news Jeroen. Thank you for the heads up. I will surely contact them. If possible, can you please share some images of the Bullet 500 model that you have purchased.

Have a look here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4653369

There were at least two different variant, paint scheme wise.

good luck
Jeroen

Been wanting gullwings in my collection for a while now, finally got them. The F117 Nighthawk is from Maisto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majumdarda (Post 4681843)
If possible, can you please share some images of the Bullet 500 model that you have purchased.Best regards,

GTO had posted some pictures of the Bullet a few pages back. It is available on post number 12616. Do check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4681871)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 4682340)

Those are all classic models. I am looking for the standard model.

https://store.royalenfield.com/collections/scale-model

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majumdarda (Post 4682350)
Those are all classic models. I am looking for the standard model.

Well, you have two options, keep looking for a standard model, or buy a real classic to match your model classic! clap:

Good luck hunting for your model. I’ll keep an eye out for it. But I am not optimistic. For some reason there are models out there of just every bike, classic, vintage and new, but very few of Royal Enfield.

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4682352)
Well, you have two options, keep looking for a standard model, or buy a real classic to match your model classic! clap:

Good luck hunting for your model. I’ll keep an eye out for it. But I am not optimistic. For some reason there are models out there of just every bike, classic, vintage and new, but very few of Royal Enfield.

Jeroen

I have a real standard, so looking for a model standard. Fingers crossed, just shot an email to the support team, hope they can assist.

There was an IXO made standard bullet model, launched many years back, but hard to find these days.