Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-839.html)

Got the Aston Martin DB5 in silver. This is the iconic James Bond Car, driven by Sean Connery in Goldfinger and then again by Daniel Craig in Skyfall.

My new toy - 1960s Mercedes classic - from the era when a Mercedes was a Mercedes

Another addition to my Lamborghini Collection,Arancio Atlas Kyosho Ousia 1:18 SV, 2nd SV and 7th Aventador of my collection, 23rd Lamborghini (I am not sure about this number).

Been literally waiting for snow to try this one out

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and hope I provide valuable information.

Here's my Bburago 1:24 Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta 70th anniversary Limited Edition. Bought it from the Autocar Performance Show 2 months back. Still didn't open it.stupid:
The Scale Model Thread-20190304_143756.jpg

Also, does anyone know which scale model dealer was there at the recently concluded Parx Auto Show? Saw some fabulous models but couldn't ask him as I was in a rush.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKV10 (Post 4553515)

Also, does anyone know which scale model dealer was there at the recently concluded Parx Auto Show? Saw some fabulous models but couldn't ask him as I was in a rush.please:

Automania, this is an outlet run by Rakesh Mehta.

They have a website also by the same name

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin_bhp (Post 4543632)

I literally came into this thread to say why hasn't anyone posted any pics or discussion about the Traxxas TRX4 Defender and lo and behold! I am also looking at buying myself one soon. This is "shut up and take my money" especially if you even have a remote interest in 4X4's and offloading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin_bhp (Post 4543632)

Your scale model and your photography are so real one couldn't say this is a model. Or is it :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 4553559)
I literally came into this thread to say why hasn't anyone posted any pics or discussion about the Traxxas TRX4 Defender and lo and behold! I am also looking at buying myself one soon. This is "shut up and take my money" especially if you even have a remote interest in 4X4's and offloading.

I was drooling over the Defender for a year and finally pulled the trigger when it was on a sale. It is beautiful and the attention to detail is amazing. The down side is that with all the detailing the truck is top heavy and easy to tip over when crawling. Of course you can modify several parts to improve this and also mount a lighter body. My opinion is get this if you like the looks but if crawling is important the Axial SCX10 II is worth considering. I'm trying not to scratch up the defender body and plan on getting the TRX4 Sport body which will also help with reducing the weight. But yeah this truck would definitely satisfy any off-road enthusiast. Have you looked at the Gelande II D90 by RC4WD? It's more like a desk crawler but looks well made and it is an unlicensed Defender body.

My first serious RC was the Mini E-Revo vxl that I got 6 years ago. It was super fast and fun to bash. I must admit that I broke several parts before getting used to the controller. It soon became an addictive hobby and I got my second serious RC a Stampede VXL! The stampede is very well built and the only part I changed was the body after 4 years.

The Scale Model Thread-p3219440_zpssmwb0p4v.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4553565)
Your scale model and your photography are so real one couldn't say this is a model. Or is it :-)

Thank you Narayan :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin_bhp (Post 4554002)
I was drooling over the Defender for a year and finally pulled the trigger when it was on a sale. It is beautiful and the attention to detail is amazing. The down side is that with all the detailing the truck is top heavy and easy to tip over when crawling.

I am aware of the limitations of the body but then thats also the RC appeal with a licensed body. As much as doing is important, looking good while doing is also important ;)

Quote:

Of course you can modify several parts to improve this and also mount a lighter body. My opinion is get this if you like the looks but if crawling is important the Axial SCX10 II is worth considering.

I like the Axial SCX10 II but what kills it for me is that its got no portal axle, no dual range gearbox, no servo for the diff locks and doesnt look as good. I have my mind set on this one. Traxxas Defender is like an offroaders wet dream.

Quote:

I'm trying not to scratch up the defender body and plan on getting the TRX4 Sport body which will also help with reducing the weight. But yeah this truck would definitely satisfy any off-road enthusiast.

Isnt the body painted from inside? I was under the impression it is. If its not, cant you put cello tape or a masking tape on the side while you go mudding?

Quote:

Have you looked at the Gelande II D90 by RC4WD? It's more like a desk crawler but looks well made and it is an unlicensed Defender body.

As a matter of fact I havent. Will look it up. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKV10 (Post 4553515)
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and hope I provide valuable information.

Here's my Bburago 1:24 Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta 70th anniversary Limited Edition. Bought it from the Autocar Performance Show 2 months back. Still didn't open it.stupid:
Attachment 1854948

No it wasnt Automania, it was Gift Centre who's located at Fort near Akbarallys. He's a good friend of mine

Hey everyone,
Have been an avid reader of this thread for quite a long time now and have been waiting to share some photos of my humble collection. Here's one of my recent 1:36 acquisitions.
The Scale Model Thread-img_20190320_202910__01.jpg
Will be adding more from my collection soon.

Regards
Abhinav

I started collecting Die cast cars since 4 years ago. My journey into this fascinating world started when I was visiting Milan, and happened to visit Mymercedes shop in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.
Upon seeing those model cars, I was blown away. Purchased a 1964 Mercedes S-Class in 1:43 size.

The collection has been expanding since then.

However, in this post I would like to share with you my favorite diecast, which I purchased from Tata Merchandize - A Tata Nano 1:18 made by Norev and then went on to customize it by collaborating with Eimor Customs(Mrityunjay and Joy with their colleague Didum) in Hyderabad, who were kind enough to entertain my eccentricity.

The video of the making of this car is:
https://youtu.be/GY9CwtHP3DE

Quote:

Originally Posted by psn (Post 4565263)
However, in this post I would like to share with you my favorite diecast, which I purchased from Tata Merchandize - A Tata Nano 1:18 made by Norev and then went on to customize it by collaborating with Eimor Customs(Mrityunjay and Joy with their colleague Didum) in Hyderabad, who were kind enough to entertain my eccentricity.

Very nice. Your enthusiasm is infectious. Maybe a few more photos of the Nano with its new look?

Added the new Ford GT to give company to last gen one. Here are few photos I created last night.