Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-807.html)

[quote=shankar.balan;3940529]There is a book called the Bentley Boys - all about Woolf Barnato and the other Bentley enthusiasts of the Roaring 20's and 30's...I got it some years ago from Australia or the UK or maybe the US or somewhere. Cant remember where. But it is a fabulous book![/QUOTE

I agree - 'The Bentley Boys' is indeed a fabulous book as are a few others covering the period. My own favourite (almost a reference work) is 'Classic Cars' edited by George Bishop. I bought it in the early 80's - for a small fortune in those days - when I could still afford such temporary madness! I don't know if it is still around, but if it is you should get it. It is well worth its weight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel (Post 3939712)
BHPians, a quick one here. Have been collecting 1:64 since a long time. Might get into the whole scale model collection thing in future. In Mumbai right now, can anyone suggest good stores to check out scale models/RC models, which stock nice ones at reasonable prices? Not willing to spend much right now.

Thanks in advance.

Neel

Hi Neel,

Bburago and Maisto collections are usually available in most Landmark gift stores. Most would be 1:18 or 1:24 in size with prices ranging from 2K to 4K each. Toy stores like Hamleys keep these collections for sure . Here in Chennai these are the stores i frequent and just sit there staring at these beauties.

A couple of new Abrex (Original Skoda) 1:43 Scale Models I ordered off Superskoda along with some other stuff and received today.
Nice quality. Pricing was inexpensive.

Last month my son got these beauties from one of Grandpa's best friend.

He is a collector of rally cars and it was so nice of him to gift some from his precious collection.

Superman flies low on a Ducati Diavel. The poor godly creature isn't even spared on the days it snows. Probably that's why he looks a little pissed off!

The Scale Model Thread-supermaninsnow_enhanced-2.jpg

Rubbing my hands in Glee.
Wifey is visiting Australia and we've just spent half an hour on FaceTime with her in one of my favourite shops in the whole world - Model Mania in Melbourne!
Spent a profitable 30 minutes buying a few hand picked and rare little 1:43 cars!
Cant wait for her to return so that I get to see those!!!
I am beside myself with excitement.
:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3942548)
A couple of new Abrex (Original Skoda) 1:43 Scale Models I ordered off Superskoda along with some other stuff and received today.
Nice quality. Pricing was inexpensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3944155)
Rubbing my hands in Glee.
Wifey is visiting Australia and we've just spent half an hour on FaceTime with her in one of my favourite shops in the whole world - Model Mania in Melbourne!
Spent a profitable 30 minutes buying a few hand picked and rare little 1:43 cars!
Cant wait for her to return so that I get to see those!!!
I am beside myself with excitement.

Yep, those Abrex models look classy and I certainly envy your excitement at adding to your collection!:)

These arrived late last night. Courtesy the Wife. All the way from Model Mania in Melbourne. Lovely Store. One of my favourites in the whole world.

A Hand picked selection of little beauties to add to my Scale Model Collection.

1. 1:76 Massey Ferguson 1946 Tractor
2. 1:43 Triumph TR4A
3. 1:43 Ferrari 308 GTS Rally Bohemia
4. 1:43 Ferrari 348 TB
5. 1:64 Bedford OYC Tanker (Wartime WW2)

Lastly my Piece de Resistance - 1956 Ferrari D 50 - Juan Manuel Fangio's car. The Greatest Racing Driver ever...
6. 1:43 Ferrari D 50 1956 - Juan Manuel Fangio

Dear Bhpians.

I would like to know where in Bangalore i would get die cast models of military vehicles.I will be attending a friends wedding during this weekend and will be staying somewhere in the ACES layout,brookfield.

I tried locally in goa but could hardly find anything decent. I tried searching online but at most i could find were plastic models.
I am mostly looking out for tanks, helicopters, etc ,IF any bhpian knows a place not too far where im staying i would be most grateful. :D

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1o1 (Post 3947900)
Dear Bhpians.

I would like to know where in Bangalore i would get die cast models of military vehicles.I will be attending a friends wedding during this weekend and will be staying somewhere in the ACES layout,brookfield.

I tried locally in goa but could hardly find anything decent. I tried searching online but at most i could find were plastic models.
I am mostly looking out for tanks, helicopters, etc ,IF any bhpian knows a place not too far where im staying i would be most grateful. :D

Regards

All the "military" scale models I ve ever seen in India - including the Tailwinds series of Military Aeroplanes, are mostly metal + plastic.
For the really authentic Metal Die Cast ones, you'll have to look outside of India.
No way out.

From Left to right :
1:10 #26 Dani pedrosa 2014 RC213V
1:12 #26 Dani pedrosa 2011 RC212V
1:18 #2 Dani pedrosa 2008 RC212V
1:10 #3 Dani pedrosa 2009 RC212V
1:18 #93 Marc marquez 2014 RC213V
background : 1:6 Newray CBR1000RR Repsol edition

The Scale Model Thread-img_4579_zpsl7w0ppkc.jpg

Newest addition to my repsol honda collection, 1:1 CBR250R ABS Repsol Edition

1:18 vs 1:1 :D
The Scale Model Thread-fullsizerender.jpg

https://www.olx.in/item/hindustan-am...tml#329bb56d45

Got some spare time to spend with them

The Scale Model Thread-img_20160416_140250.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_20160416_140522.jpg

https://www.olx.in/item/mercedes-ben...tml#88bf3a7f09

1956 Ford F-100 Pik Up

the big daddy of the big american pik ups that mesmerize us all today.

The Scale Model Thread-img_20151027_224942.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_20151027_231305.jpg