Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-751.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by absnation (Post 2905667)
Adding random pix of Masarati GT & LP 640. LP was the kick starter for collecting 1:24 diecast scales.....

Nice adds, what scale & make is that Maserati, is it a Burago 1:32 by any chance?

Bought this 1/18 AutoArt Maybach 57S yesterday. Does look odd in a collection of 30+ Ferraris, but it's elegance is something those Italians can't be compared with :)

Name:  ForumRunner_20120917_123139.png
Views: 2076
Size:  337.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120917_123248.png
Views: 2083
Size:  325.0 KB

No sir, its a 1:24 Burago.

Presenting the Italian Bros. Inc - The Bug & Audi A1

1:18 Chevybel Air And Ford Pickup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivasankar (Post 2899638)
@RPMPKDMFF - Are the truck models from WSI? I'm keen on beginning a collection of trucks and am doing some research at the moment

Dear Plz share with me of any of the research documents :D. I have also started to collect Commercial Vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa (Post 2899647)
Go for Conrad/NZG. A bit expensive, but worth the money.

I found Siku extremely good in detailing. But do the Conrad/NZG are still good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 2899898)
Most of the trucks are Matchbox, some Norscot, a couple of Siku

Nice collections.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessie007 (Post 2861827)
A breath of fresh air in smaller scale models market - Funskool has launched German brand Siku that specializes in scale models in the range of 1:50 - 1:87 and mostly heavy vehicles and farm equipment. I specially like smaller scale models and there is limited availability of these in Delhi atleast. .

In Chennai they are available with Hamleys, Express Avenue.
I have bought a couple of them - all are 1:87
The Scale Model Thread-img_1052.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1050.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1068.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1063.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1054.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 2910632)
In Chennai they are available with Hamleys, Express Avenue.
I have bought a couple of them - all are 1:87

Great! Siku models are frequently out of stock, here in Delhi. Have recently ordered one on Flipkart (a week back and it will be dispatched only by tomorrow) and waiting for 10 days or so for new stock to arrive in toy shops. I am a fan of smaller scale models and have started reviewing small scale models (1:50 & smaller - mostly Siku & GreenLights) in blogs. But these pale in comparison to the highly detailed 1:18 scale (and even 1:24 & 1:43) posted on this forum.

Understand that 1:87 is almost standard across makers for CV's I guess.
Similarly is that 1:24 is common available model for cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 2910724)
Understand that 1:87 is almost standard across makers for CV's I guess.
Similarly is that 1:24 is common available model for cars?

I believe 1:24 scale is popular primarily in USA. In rest of the world, serious collector's usually opt for 1:18 or 1:43 scale. Though now most scales are now available around the world. 1:24 scale car models are widely available in India from the likes of Maisto, Welly & Bburago

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessie007

I believe 1:24 scale is popular primarily in USA. In rest of the world, serious collector's usually opt for 1:18 or 1:43 scale. Though now most scales are now available around the world. 1:24 scale car models are widely available in India from the likes of Maisto, Welly & Bburago

1:24 is popular in US because of kit building. That is a hobby which requires a significant amount of time, space, money and availability of parts n materials, owing to which, it is not much popular through the rest of the world. In terms of popularity, 1/43 is the most popular scale. You can find almost any car in that scale. Infact, prior to the diecast industry boom, serious collectors would buy 1/43 resin models. Post 1990 and the world changed, the focus was on 1/18 due to better tooling which offered a higher level of detailing. 1/24 is easily available in India due to the fact that Maisto Welly Bbuargo n other companies market them as toys, and most people buy them with a "slightly expensive toy" mind frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa (Post 2911306)
.. In terms of popularity, 1/43 is the most popular scale. You can find almost any car in that scale. Infact, prior to the diecast industry boom, serious collectors would buy 1/43 resin models. Post 1990 and the world changed, the focus was on 1/18 due to better tooling which offered a higher level of detailing. 1/24 is easily available in India due to the fact that Maisto Welly Bbuargo n other companies market them as toys, and most people buy them with a "slightly expensive toy" mind frame.

IMO, 1:24 is much detailed compared to the 1:43. But I never felt Maisto is good in detailing.

OT-Apart from Hamleys, are there any other shops where can I get Trucks / CV scale models in Chennai?

These are a few of the 1:18 scale models I have. Sorry for the bad pics taken but haven't had anytime to get them cleaned. They have been lying on this shelf for years now. Clean them probably once in two years. These are very old. The Lexus I bought way back in 1998. The Ferrari 348 and Porsche were given to me as a gift in 1996.
Those days I had all the time in the world to open every part and clean them thoroughly. Nowadays time is just not available.
The f1 looking car is from an Indy racing serious bought in 2001. Yup badly maintained as you can see. Well one day I will again get back to opening them up and cleaning them thoroughly. Though only time will tell.
The bikes again are gifts. The BMW 3 series was given to me as a souvenir during the launch. It's quite detailed. And also very clean.lol.

The Scale Model Thread-image1660492158.jpg

Name:  image3447415905.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  316.7 KB

The Scale Model Thread-image4015399263.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-image2425152227.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-image332161953.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-image3951971305.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-image2081594607.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-image3574468441.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by raycers_honda
The BMW 3 series was given to me as a souvenir during the launch. It's quite detailed. And also very clean.lol.

Damn. Looks like a 1/18 Paragon Models Dealer Edition 3 series. They have just hit the international market, approximately a month back and you already have one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2

OT-Apart from Hamleys, are there any other shops where can I get Trucks / CV scale models in Chennai?

I don't know about Chennai, you can get them at Automania in Mumbai. Those guys will ship to Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa;2914306€
Damn. Looks like a 1/18 Paragon Models Dealer Edition 3 series. They have just hit the international market, approximately a month back and you already have one!

That's a 1:43.Not 1:18.

I was browsing at flipcart.com and come across a new group 'Collectibles' in their 'Toys' section which is actually scale models. I though this link (given below) will be of interest for the regular visitors of this thread.

http://www.flipkart.com/store/toys/p...sc&layout=grid