Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-732.html)

@ RPMPKDMFF - Very nice set of additions.

@ Bandhav - Great pictures as always.

On a personal front, Ive put my scale model purchasing on hold for 2012. I have absolutely no space to keep any new purchases and my bank balance doesnt permit it either. I will start posting pictures on my collection soon. Is it just me or does it seem as though there is no new stock of 1:24 scale models in the market recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDHAV (Post 2663044)
I second you on this, now I have to search the thread everytime if I want to post anything or want to check update, anyway there are hardly any.

Great, have you ordered the driving one also or just the standing one?

I only ordered the standing one. as the person selling me sent me the sitting stig's promo shots and somehow i didn't like the overall quality (too much glossy plastic).

@KSM-vtec: Thanks, will surely post more.

@neil: Thanks.

@ra: Yes, he sent the pictures to me too and somehow even I don't like it as there is lack of detailing on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2663153)
I would love to have those Lambretta's in my collection, considering I have over 22 vespa scooters, Bad news none are available in bangalore :(. .

Wow, man - you have 22 Vespas ?? Awesome !!
Will look up the Lambs as soon as I'm able to. Hope I'm not mistaken about the scale.

Yes, this thread DESPERATELY needs to get to a better location.

Actually, the section "a collection of the best threads" itself has been shut down. So where do we hapless scale model fans go ??

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT attempt to market other websites on this forum. Consider this a FINAL warning.

To help with the renaissance of this thread, here are my recent acquisitions; a Koenigsegg CCX and a Mercury Cougar Eliminator. I am also attaching a picture of a Chevy Chevelle which ive put up in the classifieds section, more details here http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...velle-SS.html/. PS: I too am dissapointed by the removal of the whole "Collection of the best threads" section :Frustrati

Congratulations on the new adds,Shahen!!Those are two awesome acquisitions.Is the CCX your first AutoArt?All the more reason to celebrate.Great pick!

Guys here are a few pics of my Jordan 191 that I just finished making. I hope you guys like it. Manish thanks for your offer for help.

Guys,

I understand that some Scale Model fans onboard aren't happy with this thread being moved to the "Shifting Gears" forum section. However, please note that the older forum section (where this thread was parked) - A Collection of the Best Threads - has been hard-deleted from Team-BHP. A lot of threads from that section were moved to the Shifting Gears forum.

I just took a quick look at all the other forum sections and there isn't a single one where this thread would fit in. If you have suggestions (constructive feedback), I'm all ears. Please use either the Suggestions thread or reach me on my email address (in my forum signature).

Also, do note that the public discussion of Administrative decisions is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

I do hope you've noticed the "Scale Models" category of our Photo Gallery.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolInMyVeins (Post 2665220)
Congratulations on the new adds,Shahen!!Those are two awesome acquisitions.Is the CCX your first AutoArt?All the more reason to celebrate.Great pick!

Yep its my first AA, bought it as a birthday gift for myself :D

Added this Mondo Motors DB9 to my collection few days back, I originally wanted a DBS but I failed to find one in 1:18 scale, so settled for this. Though the quality of this is nothing to write home about and only after buying this I came to know about the existence of a Minichamps variant.

Also picked a Dodge Viper SRT-10, this model was not originally in my wishlist but got a ultra sweet deal on this which was too enticing to let go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 2663811)
Wow, man - you have 22 Vespas ?? Awesome !!
Will look up the Lambs as soon as I'm able to. Hope I'm not mistaken about the scale.

Thanks a lot Ravi for the help, I knew 1:12 scale being available from new ray. Either way would like to have as many as available. And I forgot to mention about your Fiats. Both look awesome, the 1100 is so nice. I will pick up some for my self.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahen9 (Post 2664999)
To help with the renaissance of this thread, here are my recent acquisitions; a Koenigsegg CCX and a Mercury Cougar Eliminator. I am also attaching a picture of a Chevy Chevelle which ive put up in the classifieds section, more details here

This is some serious stuff, very nice I like the mercury Cougar, very good detailing. CCX is good but I love more of classic stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Devil (Post 2665300)
Guys here are a few pics of my Jordan 191 that I just finished making. I hope you guys like it. Manish thanks for your offer for help.

Man this is Insane, wow what a beauty. This has turned out awesome, the detailing on engine bay is superb. What colors have you used for the painting i.e. brush, spray can or air brush. Do you have in process pictures would love to see them too. I never thought F1 cars will turn out so good, now need to rethink :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDHAV (Post 2666963)
Added this Mondo Motors DB9 to my collection few days back, I originally wanted a DBS but I failed to find one in 1:18 scale, so settled for this. Though the quality of this is nothing to write home about and only after buying this I came to know about the existence of a Minichamps variant.

Also picked a Dodge Viper SRT-10, this model was not originally in my wishlist but got a ultra sweet deal on this which was too enticing to let go.

Nice to see your Viper, deals are too hard to resist. Nice to see your DB9, but more than that I like your photography.

I think the issue is not of the shifting of thread to other section, but of lack of participation. Lets keep posting our exotic stuff to keep this alive. Request veterans of this thread to visit and post their valuable comments on our gets and posts.

Manish, thanks for the complement. I used Tamiya spray can paint for the body and a mix of tamiya acrylics and our local acrylic paints for the engine. I tried some local spray paints but found it to be not suitable for scale modelling since they are too thick and the finish is not as good as the tamiya spray cans.

Wow!Wasn't trying to plug any website there.No commercial gain awaits me for trying to 'market' any other forum.So rest easy,mods.

Here is my little attempt to keep the beloved 'Scale-Model Thread' alive.Some random shots of my collection.First five photos show 1:12 scale-models.The others are all 1:18 except the Benz Patent Motorwagen which is in 1:10 scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolInMyVeins (Post 2667314)
Wow!Wasn't trying to plug any website there.No commercial gain awaits me for trying to 'market' any other forum.So rest easy,mods.

Here is my little attempt to keep the beloved 'Scale-Model Thread' alive.Some random shots of my collection.First five photos show 1:12 scale-models.The others are all 1:18 except the Benz Patent Motorwagen which is in 1:10 scale.

That's a month load of quota you have downloaded in a Day :D :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Devil (Post 2667235)
Manish, thanks for the complement. I used Tamiya spray can paint for the body and a mix of tamiya acrylics and our local acrylic paints for the engine. I tried some local spray paints but found it to be not suitable for scale modelling since they are too thick and the finish is not as good as the tamiya spray cans.

Did you bought Tamiya paints outside of India? Is the spray paint enamel. Also do yo find difference in finish between Tamiya acrylic paint and the local acrylic paint. I use the local ones and believe me they suck.

Actually I have still not found out the right solution to paint the samller bits. May be you experience will help me decide.